How someone associated with African culture & literature celebrates Christmas?

Sara, I was responding to Cynique's question, I was not talking about you.

Besides, you and Cynique were not first, and will not be the only two, to get into, that type of conversation.  I've been running forums for almost 20 years, people argue, get angry, and hurl insults, it is actually normal.  Expecting to never happen is unrealistic.

I just don't want the board dominated by that type of discourse.

SMH. Gee, Troy, anybody with any sense could see that your post wasn't directed to the devious Sara who's still trying to cut and paste in order cast herself as a pillar of virtue.  It's becoming very obvious that what this Jesus groupie needs is to find herself an earthly savior to bang her.  Her essence is fraught with the rigidness of a frustrated reject who needs a good lay.  :wacko:

Sorry, Troy, I can't help it. Sara is such an ideal target for ridicule.  And, as you once observed about the cat fights that used to take place here, they are good theater.  

Since she can't seem to stay away, I don't know why this civil civet doesn't start her own thread so she can  showcase her dull propriety. 

I never insulted anyone. I'm still waiting on the place where I dissed BLACK preachers. I actually begged Sara to show me this and she never showed it to me. I actually went back and reread everything I wrote and after doing so I realized that I made pretty good discussion points and I said about 6 different times that all religions are important because they give people morality and if religion keeps people from doing things then so be it. I can't find anywhere that I attacked Sara or her religion. When I said Preachers pimping their congregations, that was exactly what I meant. When these guys like Creflo and Joel Osteen have multi-million dollar businesses, or even in my local city where there are 5 churches on every block, and homelessness and a high crime rate and the highest infant mortality rate and teenage pregnancy, all in one of the biggest Bible belts in the country, then there is a problem with those preachers. This has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. I mean I went out of my way to give personal info about my wife and other things to establish that I hold no ill will towards any religion. I assume because I said I meditate Sara decided to say that I am fond of Asian philosophy. What's wrong with that? I also established that I was very fond of the Nation of Gods & Earths founded by Clarence 13X. It didn't matter what I wrote in regard to this, the sister came back and over and over said I said something I never said. When she began cursing out Cynique, all of a sudden the biting wit of a Christian was replaced with the vitrol of something completely different. So when I said Sara has PTSD it was due to the completely different 180 that the tone of her writing took in regard to speaking to an older woman. Now age doesn't create automatic respect, and I have no idea how old Sara is or who she really is, but that whole exchange as "playful" as it appeared, seemed to have some evidence of familiarity. It simply was too easy for a person so new to the boards to shift into. 

As it stands, the only reason I'm commenting now is because I felt the need to explain myself. Nowhere within this 4 pages did I disrespect anyone. I challenged Nelson. I wasn't disrespectful to him. I simply wanted evidence of the power of his philosophy. Why Sara saw that as an attack. I have no idea. How it turned into a discussion on Christianity, I have no idea.

Below I have listed every instance when I said all religions and philosophies are valid. I am doing this so Sara can find where I said something against Christianity:

1. I admire when someone understands and knows their philosophy. I think it's respectable. What isn't respectable is thinking that your way is the right way. There is no one method, there are only options and people have the right to study whatever they choose and to pursue whatever path they want to become enlightened.

2.  A person can be ignorant of Set, Jesus, Mohammed, whoever but if they understand compassion for humans they are okay in my book. 

3. In NG&E there is a philosophy of each one, teach one. You build by challenging or asking someone to drop science. In Christianity the disciples questioned Jesus, this gave them the ability to spread his word without faltering. In Islam Muhammad even questioned God's revelation and had to be supported by Kadhijah. In Buddhism Siddhartha questioned everything and this is what led to the 4 Noble Truths and Nirvana. Sikhs broke from Hindus.  My reason for bringing this up, because I know you are going to say that all of these religions were born of Kemet and are flawed in some way, is because in any delivery of information from the informed to the uninformed examples and explanations must be given as to why a person should choose. Once those reasons and explanations are given, then a person has free will to choose whatever philosophy they want.

4.  Every religion has value and all people and persons are important regardless of their beliefs or background.

5.  While I taught there I lost kids from every culture to violence. I realized then that there wasn't any one right idea. We had Black kids who went through Sankofa training and Kemetic philosophy (beat and abused by their own). All of these kids cried the same, failed the same, loved the same, hurt the same, succeeded the same. The only difference was some were Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Catholic, African Philosophy, all of them were beautiful and intelligent... (page 2 of this chat)

6. On page 3 Sara joins after Nelson and I have been writing. I make a statement about preachers who pimp their congregation being the same as the Klan and they are. I remember when preachers had jobs just like everyone else in the congregation. They did not rely on the church to provide their living. My Baptist preacher when I was a kid worked just as hard as everyone else and the church was good. That began to change with prosperity preaching... but I digress. In the middle of page three it was Sara who began to attack me and the dialogue became ugly. She was disgusted with me for making an analogy, but had overlooked the multitude of times I made the statements I made above. She completely ignored and built her entire discussion around a lie. I never said anything about Black preachers or anything negative about Christianity. Even after page three I made these statements below.

7. I went as far as to explain the breakdown of my basketball team where I had almost every religion there and my team captain,who is now a preacher following in his father's footsteps who married my wife and I because she is Christian, was the team captain. You are on one sis. I mean you are really on one. I go on below to say that all religions have merit, but I said that so many times on these three pages it's redundant.

8. I choose parts of all doctrines I have studied and I incorporate those things into my life. I can call a person God because I admire the studies of the Nation of Gods and Earths founded by Clarence 13X. I admire the Supreme Mathematics and Alphabet. I can say Namaste because I admire the stillness that Buddhism teaches. I can say God Bless you because the Ten Commandments and Jesus is worthy of being studied and understood. I can say Inshallah (God Willing) because Muhammad provides people with a path to God and this makes many people better. Because I can respect all of these ideals and philosophies I am content with the fact that I live my life through logic and meditation and spirituality. If you claim a religion and it makes you a better person and you need it to make you a better person this doesn't make you less or greater than me and vice versa. It just is the way it is.

9. On page 4 I left my last words and exited the discussion. Now, Sara has continuously said after I left that I dissed Christianity. If my name is going to be mentioned, I need proof or I have no reason to dive into this again. I just wanted to make sure I clarified that whatever someone reads here, I did not and do not disrespect religions or philosophies. Never have and I never will. Religion and philosophy brings peace and calm to people who truly practice it. You guys can go back to your banter.

• Like 1

You are not only a good example but an eloquent spokesman for the community of free thinkers, Chris.  You are the anti-thesis of dogmatic religious hypocrites.

As for Sara, the erratic behavior of this loose cannon leads me suspect that she might be bi-polar :blink: and off her meds. In my case, I would compare her to a white racist.  "Ageism" is actually the name give to the practice of discriminating against senior citizens.  It's like when when bigoted whites can't get over on blacks, in frustration, they will just call  them niggers.  Similarly, when younger people can't get over on older ones they will desperately make negative references to their age.  I really thought Sara could've been more creative in her rants, constantly talking about dipping snuff. I guess this is something she is familiar with.  I didn't know people still did this.  LOL. I  was also curious as to why she would state with such certainty that I was from the town of Robbins, Illinois, a place I've never even been to. :huh: Just another example of how bizarre she is.:wacko:

Oh well. Maybe Sara will come back.  She likes Troy, and I think she secretly likes you, too, Chris.  ;)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I see no contradiction in celebrating the Christmas. It has turned in a selling event and gives people an excuse to come together with family and learn about Jesus Christ. 

The challenge with discussion of spiritual matters is the fact we are dealing with the supernatural. You can place all the historical data out, but none of it surpasses the capacity of God. It’s one of those things you have to on faith.

The logical reason why I don’t accept the Ancient Mysteries system or Ancestral is because they are creation of man. 

Troy

I don't believe I've met Thumper.
Why do you say you're not sure if Thumper is still alive?

Was she sick or elderly?

Daniel

The logical reason why I don’t accept the Ancient Mysteries system

Another logical reason is because it probably won't accept you.
You probably wouldn't be allowed to be initiated....lol.

is because they are creation of man. 

Oh.....but Christmas isn't?

On 11/12/2020 at 12:04 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Why do you say you're not sure if Thumper is still alive?

It is interesting I would write that. While I don't know, my only evidence is that I have not heard hide nor hair. No he was not elderly or sickly, just a Black man in America.

On 11/12/2020 at 7:21 AM, Delano said:

Not exactly true, you can use reason and logic to understand the structure however essence is different. However that is my perspective.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:16 AM, daniellegfny said:

The challenge with discussion of spiritual matters is the fact we are dealing with the supernatural.

Depends on the subject and the object. Martin Luther King had a degree in Divinity. In your case with the subject matter, no, in your own words.

12 hours ago, Delano said:

Depends on the subject and the object. Martin Luther King had a degree in Divinity. In your case with the subject matter, no, in your own words

Degrees in Theology are meaningless in the context of understanding the Bible. They are man’s attempt to try to reconcile the broad chasm between our concepts and God’s reality. 

It’s actually a common subject. Lean not on your own understanding.

9 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Degrees in Theology are meaningless in the context of understanding the Bible.

When I was in the Church I used to believe that also.
I used to wonder WHY did a person have to go to Seminary school and get "man's education" in order to become a minister or priest.

But when I realized that the Bible was translated from Latin and Greek and has a history of being re-interpreted, mis-interpreted, having books added and taken out and that Christianity itself has a long history of going through revolutions and reforms.....I realized why this was necessary.

Most Christians are just READING the Bible and assuming it means one thing.....not realizing it means something totally different in it's ORIGINAL script/language.

Daniel

The Gospel is simple and was spread by word of mouth.

Most lies are.
Until those responsible for it figure out a better way to deceive the people.

The necessary components are recognition and repentance. 

Says who?
Did JESUS say that, or did those who intended to corrupt his message and use that corruption to exploit the masses, say it?

When you go before people and say that their behavior doesn't matter....all they have to do is repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.....you're basically giving them a LICENSE to commit all kinds of evil.

This is why there is so much chaos in many Black communities across the globe.  They believe their being "saved" permits them to be wicked.

Daniel

You demonstrate you don’t understand the premise of Christianity. It doesn’t matter what you think.

Well I know the basic premise of Christianity.....

According to it's basic tenets, as long as you say and believe that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior you are forgiven of your sins and will be saved.   That pretty tells people they can kill, rob, rape, and commit all other manner of evil including ENSLAVING OTHER PEOPLE and still be spared from damnation through "the blood".

Is there something I'm missing?

• 3 weeks later...

Please excuse me but I feel the need to jump in here. After the teachings got to what we now call Egypt it became a religion. Before that it was a spiritual way of life. When spiritually becomes religion it is starting on a slippery slope. We come from all parts of what is called the African continent. We don't know where yet it is stored in our DNA. The reason the music of Black Folk have rhythm is because of an inner beat. To the European ear it sounds like and is written as 4/4 time but it is not 4/4 it is "ba tak a tu" a Yoruba beat that is almost 4/4 but not quite. If you know that beat you can insert it into any RB tune, blues, jazz, etc but you cannot insert into a 4/4 European beat. DNA. Religion was invented for lazy people. People that don't want to do the work. To have someone tell them what's what. You want to know, go pray, meditate, fast, no food or water for four days you will find out something. We have an unbroken line of ancestors that will teach and guide us. We will find live human guides along the way hear what they have to say, but question it only when it makes sense to you accept it but you must be completely and brutally honest with yourself.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, billbee4 said:

Please excuse me but I feel the need to jump in here. After the teachings got to what we now call Egypt it became a religion. Before that it was a spiritual way of life. When spiritually becomes religion it is starting on a slippery slope. We come from all parts of what is called the African continent. We don't know where yet it is stored in our DNA. The reason the music of Black Folk have rhythm is because of an inner beat. To the European ear it sounds like and is written as 4/4 time but it is not 4/4 it is "ba tak a tu" a Yoruba beat that is almost 4/4 but not quite. If you know that beat you can insert it into any RB tune, blues, jazz, etc but you cannot insert into a 4/4 European beat. DNA. Religion was invented for lazy people. People that don't want to do the work. To have someone tell them what's what. You want to know, go pray, meditate, fast, no food or water for four days you will find out something. We have an unbroken line of ancestors that will teach and guide us. We will find live human guides along the way hear what they have to say, but question it only when it makes sense to you accept it but you must be completely and brutally honest with yourself.

jjj

billbee4

That is deep knowledge

We are the ORIGINAL PEOPLE.
That means we are WHOLE...like whole wheat bread....versus white enriched bread with the germ removed.

We hear a WIDER RANGE OF SOUND than they do because they aren't original but MADE.

To a certain extent religion was given TO Caucasians to civilize them.

Africans are part of the original people so our morality is CODED within us as you noted.  But Caucasians don't have that same internal moral code so they need SCRIPTURE and RELIGION to guide them and tell them what is right and what is wrong.

So we sent Musa (Moses) up from Kemet (Egypt) into the caves and mountains of the Caucasus with A SMALL PORTION of our ancient knowledge to help raise them up and put them on the road to civilization.