How someone associated with African culture & literature celebrates Christmas?

Troy

9 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Degrees in Theology are meaningless in the context of understanding the Bible.

When I was in the Church I used to believe that also.
I used to wonder WHY did a person have to go to Seminary school and get "man's education" in order to become a minister or priest.

But when I realized that the Bible was translated from Latin and Greek and has a history of being re-interpreted, mis-interpreted, having books added and taken out and that Christianity itself has a long history of going through revolutions and reforms.....I realized why this was necessary.

Most Christians are just READING the Bible and assuming it means one thing.....not realizing it means something totally different in it's ORIGINAL script/language.

Daniel

The Gospel is simple and was spread by word of mouth.

Most lies are.
Until those responsible for it figure out a better way to deceive the people.

The necessary components are recognition and repentance. 

Says who?
Did JESUS say that, or did those who intended to corrupt his message and use that corruption to exploit the masses, say it?

When you go before people and say that their behavior doesn't matter....all they have to do is repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.....you're basically giving them a LICENSE to commit all kinds of evil.

This is why there is so much chaos in many Black communities across the globe.  They believe their being "saved" permits them to be wicked.

Daniel

You demonstrate you don’t understand the premise of Christianity. It doesn’t matter what you think.

Well I know the basic premise of Christianity.....

According to it's basic tenets, as long as you say and believe that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior you are forgiven of your sins and will be saved.   That pretty tells people they can kill, rob, rape, and commit all other manner of evil including ENSLAVING OTHER PEOPLE and still be spared from damnation through "the blood".

Is there something I'm missing?

• 3 weeks later...

Please excuse me but I feel the need to jump in here. After the teachings got to what we now call Egypt it became a religion. Before that it was a spiritual way of life. When spiritually becomes religion it is starting on a slippery slope. We come from all parts of what is called the African continent. We don't know where yet it is stored in our DNA. The reason the music of Black Folk have rhythm is because of an inner beat. To the European ear it sounds like and is written as 4/4 time but it is not 4/4 it is "ba tak a tu" a Yoruba beat that is almost 4/4 but not quite. If you know that beat you can insert it into any RB tune, blues, jazz, etc but you cannot insert into a 4/4 European beat. DNA. Religion was invented for lazy people. People that don't want to do the work. To have someone tell them what's what. You want to know, go pray, meditate, fast, no food or water for four days you will find out something. We have an unbroken line of ancestors that will teach and guide us. We will find live human guides along the way hear what they have to say, but question it only when it makes sense to you accept it but you must be completely and brutally honest with yourself.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, billbee4 said:

Please excuse me but I feel the need to jump in here. After the teachings got to what we now call Egypt it became a religion. Before that it was a spiritual way of life. When spiritually becomes religion it is starting on a slippery slope. We come from all parts of what is called the African continent. We don't know where yet it is stored in our DNA. The reason the music of Black Folk have rhythm is because of an inner beat. To the European ear it sounds like and is written as 4/4 time but it is not 4/4 it is "ba tak a tu" a Yoruba beat that is almost 4/4 but not quite. If you know that beat you can insert it into any RB tune, blues, jazz, etc but you cannot insert into a 4/4 European beat. DNA. Religion was invented for lazy people. People that don't want to do the work. To have someone tell them what's what. You want to know, go pray, meditate, fast, no food or water for four days you will find out something. We have an unbroken line of ancestors that will teach and guide us. We will find live human guides along the way hear what they have to say, but question it only when it makes sense to you accept it but you must be completely and brutally honest with yourself.

jjj

billbee4

That is deep knowledge

We are the ORIGINAL PEOPLE.
That means we are WHOLE...like whole wheat bread....versus white enriched bread with the germ removed.

We hear a WIDER RANGE OF SOUND than they do because they aren't original but MADE.

To a certain extent religion was given TO Caucasians to civilize them.

Africans are part of the original people so our morality is CODED within us as you noted.  But Caucasians don't have that same internal moral code so they need SCRIPTURE and RELIGION to guide them and tell them what is right and what is wrong.

So we sent Musa (Moses) up from Kemet (Egypt) into the caves and mountains of the Caucasus with A SMALL PORTION of our ancient knowledge to help raise them up and put them on the road to civilization.