Promote Your Book on AALBC.com for 50 Days!

Hi Shirley your ad has been setup.  It will run until midnight, February 26th.  The winter (save the week between Xmas and Jan 1st), and the spring are the busiest time of the year for the website. 

I'm glad to read some of the exchange regarding the publishing process.  It is so easy to be taken. I see people promise writers the world in various aspects of the business, because it is what they want to hear.  

For example, if I told people that they will sell a bazillion copies of their books with an advertisement on this website and I can get their money.  I don't have to worry about them again because there will always be another mark and folks don't effectively share information.

The reality is, that if authors/publishers don't advertise and promote their books they definitely won't sell very many books.  Even with advertising the likelihood of making a lot of money is slim. So from the seller's perspective, it makes business sense to sell hope rather than reality.  The reality is selling books is hard.

I'm going to be hosting a publishing seminar during the National Black Writers Conference this spring and plan to get into this stuff from a practical perspective.

I plan to video tape the seminar. Chris, that was one of the videos I want to use Youtube to charge folks to view, but at the rate I'm going I won't have the subscribers (still need 231 subscribers).  of course their are other ways to do this without YouTube and i will take advantage of one of those.

I'm sure it will all workout on the video tip. You can always use Spreecast and they have it set up so that you can live stream and then add a pay button that people can donate. It's the platform that Paul Brunson uses for his Mentor Monday web show. I actually donated to his Spreecast a while back just to see how it worked and it accepted the payment and sent a receipt of payment pretty quickly. It's not a bad set up. I still don't have enough viewers and I know now that I have to create more content to get that following. That's what we are all missing is that extra push to get the things done that we need. This board is an incredible springboard though. It's the exact type of community that can help us all.

• Like 3

Thanks Troy, I am just trying to get in where I can fit in. I don't want to put too much out there in ads before I can pull my book from Archway in February. I will have to do quite a bit to get it back out there after I pull it. That's why I have a little inventory on hand just in case I get a few sells after it is temporarily taken down. My name is going to have to come before people are willing to follow me. When I am well known for my P.A.S.T., Passions, Attitude, Successes, and Talents, then all will hopefully be well. Of course, I will still need money to play in the games.

Hi Chris, you said it. We are truly missing "that extra push to get things done that we need." OMG, if we could just multiply our passionate attitudes and work ethics by a million each, life sure would be grand :). I love the encouragement and support that is given here. 

• Like 2

Hi @richardmurray, unfortunately all of the ads are sold out.  It looks like there are available positions on the website because I have not received the book covers from all of the authors.

Actually, the Edit 1st advertisement, at the top of the homepage, is an inhouse ad. I can reclaim the position which would free up another spot, so if you are interested in it please click this link:  http://mkt.com/aalbc/aalbc-com-book-on-homepage-special

In reality, can simply add another row of books, In fact more book covers on the homepage many actually help.  One might think too many books on the page on the homepage would gradually reduce the effectiveness of the ads. But I know that the click through rates tend to be more a function of the book (cover design, subject as related by the title and the author's name recognition), rather than the number of books on the page or even the book's position.

On the new website's homepage there will be much less text as images seem to drive engagement (images are clicked more than the article descriptions).

Hi Troy,

I just checked out the home page and I love it. Thanks so much for connecting to my website. I have my book on the National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) website now too. It also goes straight to my website. Thanks for the exposure :). I know that I am going to want to renew this--so don't sell my spot.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

If you like you may simply send PayPal a payment of $50 for 50 days (or any increment of $50) to troy@aalbc.com.  Otherwise I can do a credit card over the phone just email me you telephone number.

Sorry you had difficulty, I generally don't run into problems using Square.

Troy it's not just you. This week alone I had several people go to my Amazon store because they kept getting kicked back in Square. It typically happens with prepaid cards and when the address and name of the card doesn't jive. It has definitely been happening a lot lately.