PLAN TO DESTROY BLACK BOYS.

Sorry @Cynique and @Sara I decided to exercise my rarely used moderator authority to prune this conversation and remove the back and forth name calling.  I can't remember the last time I took an action like this.  It was not that what you two were doing was particularly egregious, it just was not advancing the conversation at all. More importantly I think the protracted back and forth you two were engaged in would turn people off who might otherwise have contributed to the conversation.

Now I also appreciate that there are some people who love to see two people go at it, and it hat could be good for traffic, but honestly I'm not interested in that type of traffic. I think, for the sake of the discussion forums, I need to more actively moderate these conversations.  Something I really do not have the extra time to do, but I'll have to find it.

As always I'm open to your comments and thoughts.

Now I also appreciate that there are some people who love to see two people go at it

I hope I didn't miss anything "juicy"....lol.
I popped in here yesterday and read something about me being trifflin' with nothing better to do.

So I FOUND something to do!

I went to a lecture last night about the targettng of Black boys and how the mass incarceration system played a huge role in this and thought about this thread.

One of the speakers, a sister of Haitian descent by way of Brooklyn but relocated to Michigan and now works either with or out of the local Prosecutor's office drilled down on the "zero tolerance" policy in most public schools today where boys...especially Black boys...are being severely punished (expelled, medicated) for the most minor of disturbances.  She's seen how this policy seem to be a starting point for how so many young Black men she's come across end up  in the system.

I've been noticing this for years.  Black boys are facing much harsher punishments for things all of us did when we were kids like fighting or being late for class.  They either get kicked out or they are labled as "troubled" and put on psychiatric medication.

I believe this serves as an intimidation tactic also.

I believe the plan is to produce a very timid, sterile, passive society where corporate America can treat their workers any kind of way without the fear of anyone standing up and challenging them in the workplace.

This is one of the reasons I stress to young Black boys and girls GET YOUR OWN BUSINESS if you can.
If people don't want to treat you properly in their system, you should find ways to create your own system of doing things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Sorry @Cynique and @Sara I decided to exercise my rarely used moderator authority to prune this conversation and remove the back and forth name calling.  I can't remember the last time I took an action like this.  It was not that what you two were doing was particularly egregious, it just was not advancing the conversation at all. More importantly I think the protracted back and forth you two were engaged in would turn people off who might otherwise have contributed to the conversation.

Now I also appreciate that there are some people who love to see two people go at it, and it hat could be good for traffic, but honestly I'm not interested in that type of traffic. I think, for the sake of the discussion forums, I need to more actively moderate these conversations.  Something I really do not have the extra time to do, but I'll have to find it.

As always I'm open to your comments and thoughts.

Makes me no difference.  You can't delete what I put on the mind of whom I was arguing with and judging from the erratic vitriolic responses, I was proved right. So in the spirit of political correctness, feel free to resume the prolonged discussions about percentages and traffic, and the laments about Facebook and YouTube all to the enthusiasm of the intended demograph.   Or - re-hash what Pioneer discusses in his post.  

Back to hiberation for me. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

58 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Now I also appreciate that there are some people who love to see two people go at it

I hope I didn't miss anything "juicy"....lol.
I popped in here yesterday and read something about me being trifflin' with nothing better to do.

So I FOUND something to do!

I went to a lecture last night about the targettng of Black boys and how the mass incarceration system played a huge role in this and thought about this thread.

One of the speakers, a sister of Haitian descent by way of Brooklyn but relocated to Michigan and now works either with or out of the local Prosecutor's office drilled down on the "zero tolerance" policy in most public schools today where boys...especially Black boys...are being severely punished (expelled, medicated) for the most minor of disturbances.  She's seen how this policy seem to be a starting point for how so many young Black men she's come across end up  in the system.

I've been noticing this for years.  Black boys are facing much harsher punishments for things all of us did when we were kids like fighting or being late for class.  They either get kicked out or they are labled as "troubled" and put on psychiatric medication.

I believe this serves as an intimidation tactic also.

I believe the plan is to produce a very timid, sterile, passive society where corporate America can treat their workers any kind of way without the fear of anyone standing up and challenging them in the workplace.

This is one of the reasons I stress to young Black boys and girls GET YOUR OWN BUSINESS if you can.
If people don't want to treat you properly in their system, you should find ways to create your own system of doing things.

Cynique considering the board is named for you, you know I'm not about "political correctness," shoot all the stuck I let slide from Kola Boof should have proven that. More recently I even let the likes of an Unkel Rukus post here until he went crazy with the spamming. I would have hoped you would know it is not about being politically correct.  We'll be here when you get back.

Pioneer, you would not have anything meaningful to contribute if you did not have better things to do.

42 minutes ago, Sara said:

Thank you. Like I said in another thread, nothing constructive comes out of name-calling. However, when attacked so foully, viciously, and with such filthy, explicit sexual rants and perverted talk, not to mention homophobia and anti-semitism, there comes a time when one must kick the troll back under the bridge and, finally, ignore her. You did well to delete the posts. It was a chilling look into the mind of a small, mean-spirited and hateful octogenarian.

Thank you. Troy However, when attacked so foully, viciously, by Sara with such filthy, explicit sexual rants and perverted talk, not to mention ageism, there comes a time when one must kick the fox back into the hole and, finally, ignore it. You did well to delete the posts. It was a chilling look into the mind of a mentally disturbed woman who has lost touch with reality.

23 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Black boys and how the mass incarceration system played a huge role

One of my LinkedIn connections posted this washington post article that forced me to turn my attention to black males.  As a mother to 3 daughters and me being a woman, I tend not to pay a lot of attention to the state of black boys. It is not my emotional hotspot. I believe if you're a man of any color and can't make in a world set up for men, then too bad.   

My focus is  black women; women and social justice.  As you will see in this  Department of Labor chart Black women in the labor force  black women are at the bottom of the economic totem pole.  We are doing better but still not as well as our black brothers and white 'daughters' and our white 'sons' who are soaring in this economy.

I put my effort in raising the profile of black women; women and I will join in a fight for social justice.  So you can only imagine how this article "America has locked up so many black people it has warped our sense of reality"  really got my "panties in a bunch". 

This article on the research of how mass incarceration benefits the economic numbers by specifically targeting black males shows just how far destroying black boys really goes.

It's as if the oligarchs say, "Nothing personal but we need to make sure the United States of America, Inc., looks good on paper. So just like we take money out of circulation to make it more valuable, we also need to take  black men out of circulation and off the books."

The nefarious plot looks like this: First we'll under fund their primary education and create a school to prison pipeline.  The black boys (and an increasing amount of black girls) who survive childhood will go straight to prison.  

Except there's an anomaly;  black females are surviving  and while it is nowhere near thriving, somehow, economically, black women are filling the spots vacated by black male incarceration.  I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather be an AND not INSTEAD OF in the story. But I digress. 

Back to the oligarchs who say, "There now "we" have tidy accounting books. The U.S., Inc.  has a 4.5 unemployment rate... and we owe to the 1.6 million incarcerated who we wiped off the books."   

• Like 2

Mel

I believe if you're a man of any color and can't make in a world set up for men, then too bad.

This IS patriarchal system...no doubt.
But even in a male dominated partriarchal system it is commonly understood that only CERTAIN men will ever have any meaninful power while the fate of other men are little better than the women and children of that society.

Infact, in most patriarchal cultures the men in charge not only prevent OTHER men from acquiring power....but while they may subjegate and abuse the women....they often KILL off the other men to avoid the threat of competition and resistance.

So I suppose the key is a more equal egalitarian system that treats everyone fairly and power is delegated toward individuals who are qualified to posses it.

• Like 3

Funny Mel, your attitude about Men who can't make it in America, is the same one I held about White men who can't make it in America--I had no concern and little sympathy for their predicament.  Then I traveled the country and saw whole swaths of the nation covered in white poverty.  They are not covered in media, but they exist.  

Then I also realized when we pit men and against women, white against Black, we lose track of the cause of our problems, and we fail to work together to fix them.  

I have not read the articles yet, but it seems contradictory to suggest that Black women are surviving when Black males are not.  But again it is the divide mentality of us against them, you against I.  I can only win at your expense...

Also I wish they really would stop issuing those bogus unemployment figures, because they fly in the face of the reality most of us see.  They stop counting who have been looking over two years, they don't count the millions of recent college graduates who have not found a job.

No wonder folks are embracing Donald Trump for president.  Folks are desperate.

1 hour ago, Troy said:

to suggest that Black women are surviving when Black males are not.  But again it is the divide mentality of us against them, you against I.  I can only win at your expense...

do I have to come over there?  (hand on hip; tapping my foot :D) I wrote that it IS NOT cool!  See below.  

2 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather be an AND not INSTEAD OF in the story. But I digress. 

I, too, have seen the poorest of poor white men and women... I used to do most of my news reporting in Appalachia.   In fact when you look at the poverty statistics and do the math - there are more white families in poverty than black families.  Our percentages look worse because there are less of us here in America.   There more white people living below the poverty line than blacks.  

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

So I suppose the key is a more equal egalitarian system that treats everyone fairly and power is delegated toward individuals who are qualified to posses it.

Yes!  We have to toss this caste system that is presently operating in the U.S.

I recently read that money was set up as a means of exchange for goods and value - not something to accumulate and hoard..  Our current social & economic system, however, makes it easy for people to monopolize at the expense of ourselves.

Edited by Mel Hopkins
Add a statement

Troy

Funny Mel, your attitude about Men who can't make it in America, is the same one I held about White men who can't make it in America--I had no concern and little sympathy for their predicament. Then I traveled the country and saw whole swaths of the nation covered in white poverty. They are not covered in media, but they exist.

Then I also realized when we pit men and against women, white against Black, we lose track of the cause of our problems, and we fail to work together to fix them.  

No wonder folks are embracing Donald Trump for president. Folks are desperate.

I used to feel sorry for poor Whites who were victims of the same system that oppressed Blacks, Latinos, women, and other oppressed groups. But the more interactions I began to have with them....even those who were homeless....the more that sympathy began to give way to confusion.

If you go to the Midwest and South as you have....you'll see entire communities of White people living in trailer parks, living in tents out in the woods, on welfare, sick and comtemplating suicide, and suffering from other social ills. But the confusing part is like you said, they'll STILL VOTE FOR TRUMP..  Much like their daddies STILL VOTED FOR RONALD REAGAN. Despite the fact that both these men were clearly part of the same system that keeps f*cking them over.
Remember the Reagan Democrats?

Even when you point out to poor whites the condition they're in and why they should unite with others in the same predicament they STILL refuse to vote Democrat.
Many people don't understand why poor Whites continue to vote against their own interests, but once you understand racism and how it operates......
Once you realize that the average White man would rather suffer the humiliation of POVERTY AND DESTITUTION than see his daughter go to school with and date little Black boys...
You begin to understand why.
It's not the ECONOMIC POLICY of Conservatives like Trump and Reagan that poor Whites find attractive, it's the SOCIAL POLICY.

Mel

Yes! We have to toss this caste system that is presently operating in the U.S.

I recently read that money was set up as a means of exchange for goods and value - not something to accumulate and hoard.. Our current social & economic system, however, makes it easy for people to monopolize at the expense of ourselves.

Well, I'll tell you something that you probably already know....sexism is rampant ALL OVER the world. It may be more overt in some areas than in others but atleast society is making an atempt to solve the problem of sexual inequality in the West...in many Eastern and Latin American nations the sexism is overt and relentless.

I think people of African descent, especially us in the Americas must come up with our own unique systems to battle the inequalities that exist not only in our respective nations but also among us as a people.

• Like 1