A few thoughts on awards season

Okay Chasitie, please, please, please, (in my James Brown voice) install Disqus. Unlike Troy, I'm too lazy to comment when I have to sign in and I want to comment on the page. Dope post again! Love the appropriation of "Blacker the Berry"! You killed that. It's a good analysis. I still hate Squarespace because no one seems to know how to add ads to their platform, but that's a different story. It was a good post though.

• Like 1

LOL, From one pop culture vulture to another, how can picking celebrities apart be resisted??  Their egotistic narcissism makes them so ripe for ridicule. It's hard not to mock their award show acceptance speeches, trite utterances that alternate between mawkish soliloquies and rehearsed spontaneity. Both of these, however, are preferable,   to the reading of a long list of those who are to blame for the winner being on the stage accepting an award that snide Golden Globe host Ricky Gervais so aptly reminded, is something nobody but the recipient cares about after a week. But, worst of all is  enduring the unctuous suck-ups trolling the red carpet, microphone in hand, asking designer-garbed zombies,  "who" are you wearing. 

I can't wait for Chris to rock the Oscars this Sunday, laying a guilt trip on those responsible for not finding a subservient role to reward a black actor for playing.   I wouldn't miss it! :o

• Like 1