Slave Mentality: Whoopi Goldberg--Exhibit A

The peripatetic Whoopi Goldberg claims to be friend and confidant of every white guy whose name comes up on "The View". This is not about her slave mentality. It's about slavery's revenge. The word "nigger" has become so powerful that when it comes out the mouth of a famous white man it can ruin his career.

Whoopi could be right in claiming that Mel Gibson is not really a racist. He's probably just a loose-lipped drunk who says what the average white person thinks. This makes him more like a "benign bigot", and puts him in a class with those who casually use racial epithets when referring to Whites.

Whoopi could be right in claiming that Mel Gibson is not really a racist. He's probably just a loose-lipped drunk who says what the average white person thinks. This makes him more like a "benign bigot", and puts him in a class with those who casually use racial epithets when referring to Whites.

(Whoopi Goldberg ain't right about sh*t.

Let us, for the Gibson lovers out here, who think he has to love Negroes because he was in a movie with one or two, repreat what the hell he said.

"You are gonna get raped by a bunch of niggers."

This is one of the great calumnies that have been heaped on black men since we got here--that all we want to do is get loose and rape some white women.

Of course, then again, you think the 1950's was just wonderful. I wish you could go back and get a real taste of it.

I still don't understand, as racist as I found Champaign Urbana in the late 60's, how you experienced nothing but love and light and racial delight in that dump. All the cops had southern accents. Only one what black. Gangs of whites would still beat up isolated black guys when they found them.

If you went to county jail--you might not come out.

A community at war was what I saw. And the black natives insisted it was a lot better than it had been before.

This must be what the pyschologists mean when they talk about cognitive dissonance.

I didn't absolve Mel Gibson. I said he was a "benign bigot", a title I gave him because he does not demonstrate enough aggression or wield enough influence or command enough power to be a racist. He's just like you. A loud mouth hot head, who shoots from the lip.

Also, as I have repeatedly stated, Chrishayden, when the 1960s exploded on the scene, America changed, and this included the climate on the campus of at the U. of I.! Yet, you continue to ignore this in your rants.

But what I described as my 1950s experience there were true. Just recently I discussed this with a couple of friends of mine who attended Illinois with me durng that time and we, ourselves, marvel at how things were during a period we have determined to have been between 1949 and 1956. This was a "golden" era that never existed before or after for a community of about 300 black Illini.

For instance, at that time, Illinois was the ONLY CAMPUS IN AMERICA where there were black sorority and fraternity houses. (The AKAs, The Deltas, the Kappas, and the Alphas) I lived in the AKA house in my freshman year. I attended parties at the Kappa and Alpha houses, where we actually gathered around a piano and sang "Auld Lang Syne" and "For All We Know" as the evening drew to a close.

Also, the student dormitories were integrated and I know from personal experience when I lived at Evans Hall durng my sophomore year, the lack of conflict between the black and white coeds there. We played Bridge with and bummed Pall Malls from our white dorm mates who would think nothing of knocking on our doors late at night to see if we had lecture notes from a class they shared with you.

If you don't believe that a black AKA soror by the name of Clarice Davis was elected homecoming queen in 1952, look it up. J.C. Caroline and Mickey Bates, 2 black running backs on Illinois' football team were campus heroes!

No black students had cars back then so there were no encounters with white police. We were warned to stay away from towns like Danville and Decatur because they had reputations of being prejudiced, and we did.

What me and my classmates have decided is that 60 years ago, in a student body of about 25,000, at 300, we were a miniscule presence and were non-threatening. Nobody had a probem with us and vice versa. The student body was composed of college-caliber kids from all over the state of Illinois as well as a substantial population of Jews from New York. Very few of the local yokels attended the university.

Then, - things changed, probably because campuses all over America were in a uproar over social injustices and the authorities clamped down. The bubble had burst and things were never the same at Illinois. Today, Black "Greeks" are practically non-existent on its campus and the black student body has dwindled to about a 100.

The problem with you, Chrishayden, is that you can't accept a patchwork quilt. You want to make blanket judgments about everything. You cannot wrap you brain around the idea that among Blacks in America, FROM PLACE TO PLACE, FROM TIME TO TIME, THINGS WERE DIFFERENT! This is not dramatic enough for you, - doesn't lend itself to your rhetoric. It is your custom to focus on the most dire and volatile siutations to try and make your points. As Troy noted, you go for the hyperbole. But I say to you, your experiences at the U. of I. are no more authentic than those of mine. I say to you that my version of life in the 1950s, at which time you were a babe in arms, are based upon my personal experiences and I don't pretend to speak for everybody. A stand you might consider taking.

Agreed. I think your thoughts are about right. She set him up and baited him. I listened to the tape three times. At first, there was something about it that did not sound right. In fact, I thought it was a spoof at first. You could clearly see where she baited and led him on. She was so calm, collected and demure. Her reaction was totally unnatural given the seriousness of the conversation. Not defending what he said or his language, but I personally could care less what he said given it was a personal and private conversation and he did not know he was being recorded (which is totally inadmissible in a court of law). All the cacophony and hysteria about his rant is bullshit. Once more thing since this topic is about comments by Whoopi. On one particular show, I was stunned speechless when she passionately defended the usage of the “N” word –as long as you are black. She ranted about how it was ok for blacks to use it while condemning the usage by anyone who is not black. No need to further the idiocy of such a simple minded argument. It speaks for itself…..

"On one particular show, I was stunned speechless when she passionately defended the usage of the “N” word –as long as you are black. She ranted about how it was ok for blacks to use it while condemning the usage by anyone who is not black. No need to further the idiocy of such a simple minded argument. It speaks for itself….."

First, to follow along with the original discussion, I do not believe most individuals truly understand the word "racist". I doubt if a pimp or die racist would marry a black woman, okay. Next subject, but wait, if a person that uses what others would consider a "racist slur" makes that person a racist, few people would find themselves outside those boundries.

Now, the "N" word. I do not know the etymology of the word Nigger. I do know that many words in the English language have different meanings, depending on how they are used in a sentence, and whose speaking those words. Listen, I remember a time when being called "black" was akin to speaking ill of someone's mother.

Look, I believe we all can agree that words are very powerful. That power decreases and/or wanes when added with other words. Also, those same words, again, can lose their power when they're absent of particular tones, pitch, volume, cadence, etc,.

Now, do I get upset when someone uses the "N" word? Not always. The power of a word is only as powerful as the understanding of the word. I say, seek first to understand.

Agreed. I think your thoughts are about right. She set him up and baited him. I listened to the tape three times. etc

Funny. I didn't see you post this when Mel made that drunken rant about JEWS!

What did you think about that? Was it Anti Semitic? Was it good? Would you like to go on record making the same kind of statements? You know what would happen to you don't you.

You know, a friend of mine used to sasy all the time, "Slaves love Slave masters." I didn't get it. Until I did a study of psychology. Of how some sick, masochistic people love to have a boot in their face or in their belly.

Different strokes.

But if you like a boot in your butt

Don't be surprised when EVERYBODY gets some!

Are we looking at the same picture, Chrishayden? The last time I checked, Mel Gibson was in a world of trouble, his image ruined, his career in shambles, his future in jeopardy. Had he not made ethnic slurs, none of this would be happening. Who's the slave master here? Ol Mel is the one under the whip because he didn't succeed in shedding the shackles of political correctness. The roles have been reversed; something you can't discern because you are unable to liberate yourself from a certain mind-set.

Are we looking at the same picture, Chrishayden? The last time I checked, Mel Gibson was in a world of trouble, his image ruined, his career in shambles, his future in jeopardy. Had he not made ethnic slurs, none of this would be happening. Who's the slave master here? Ol Mel is the one under the whip because he didn't succeed in shedding the shackles of political correctness. The roles have been reversed; something you can't discern because you are unable to liberate yourself from a certain mind-set.

Thanks babe. You just saved me a lot of writing.......

Mel is worth a billion dollars. He ain't suffering.

We were talking about SLAVE MENTALITY as exhibited by Caryn Johnson (Whoopi (she is named for the WHOOPIE cushion and usually expels sound bites of the same quality) leaping to the defence of Mel Gibson.

I know. It hurts. It pains you to see it.

No pain, no gain.

Corrected, you two dodoes may now continue the discussion.

YOU were, as usual, talking about slave mentality, Chrishayden, because that's the stock phrase you rely on to dismiss anybody who disagrees with your racial views. Why? Because you are incapable of fine-tuning your perspective, totally stuck in the last century, paralyzed by a slave mentality of your own wherein you think "da massa" still controls the word "nigger".

While mega-millionaire Mel Gibson is suspended in the limbo of what happens when a famous white person commits a racial faux pas, Whoopi has moved on, and will continue to enjoy her wealth and celebrity.

BTW, you spelled "defense" wrong, Dumb-Dumb.

YOU were, as usual, talking about slave mentality, Chrishayden, because that's the stock phrase you rely on to dismiss anybody who disagrees with your racial views. Why? Because you are incapable of fine-tuning your perspective, totally stuck in the last century, paralyzed by a slave mentality of your own wherein you think "da massa" still controls the word "nigger".

While mega-millionaire Mel Gibson is suspended in the limbo of what happens when a famous white person commits a racial faux pas, Whoopi has moved on, and will continue to enjoy her wealth and celebrity.

thumbs_up.jpg