eBooks is the thing this year

Hello All,

I was recently listening to NPR this morning and a few days ago. It appears that Amazon.com is having a big year this year selling ebooks. According to Amazon, for every 100 hardcover book they sold 168 ebooks. (I think I'm quoting the number correctly) But, another report I heard stated that they are going to be adding pictures and music to the ebooks, in order to give the readers a little something extra to make the ebook more marketable. When it reaches that stage, I might seriously be tempted to get one.

Really, I would like to get one now. I looked at the Barnes and Noble nook eBook. I'm impressed with it. I would have preferred a big screen size. But, right now, I would choose it over Amazon.ocm Kindle because of its price and the fact the nook has color and the Kimble don't.

Hello All,

I was recently listening to NPR this morning and a few days ago. It appears that Amazon.com is having a big year this year selling ebooks. According to Amazon, for every 100 hardcover book they sold 168 ebooks. (I think I'm quoting the number correctly) But, another report I heard stated that they are going to be adding pictures and music to the ebooks, in order to give the readers a little something extra to make the ebook more marketable. When it reaches that stage, I might seriously be tempted to get one.

Really, I would like to get one now. I looked at the Barnes and Noble nook eBook. I'm impressed with it. I would have preferred a big screen size. But, right now, I would choose it over Amazon.ocm Kindle because of its price and the fact the nook has color and the Kimble don't.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SandrineT

I'd personally go with the Kindle, primarily because it is a veteran product, which means Amazon has had ample time to address the kinks and issues involving the device. The Nook is nice and the color strip at the bottom is attractive, but not only is it a brand new and untested device, but Barnes & Noble has yet to launch its e-book website. Amazon is on point, not only by discounting their Kindle e-books and obtaining author exclusives, but by opening up the Kindle for self-publishing. This is a marvelous resource for black writers who want to publish their books their own way, and it effectively circumvents the segregation imposed upon black authors by publishers. Plus, the Kindle is dropping in price as the device gets better and better.