THIS OR THAT?

Well, the time is drawing near and I will soon have to decide who to cast my vote for in the upcoming Illinois primaries.  My choices are represented by Clinton and Sanders.  Everybody else is out of the question, particularly Donald Trump, that ego-maniacal, fascistic xenophobic, ignorant mouthpiece of the worst America has to offer. (Funny how when checking out the Wendy Williams show the other day, watching her toddle around in stiletto heels, almost pitching forward from the weight of her enormous implants, her glassy eyes peeking out from the drapery of her latest wig,  lasciviously sharing gossip with her enraptured audience of giddy women and gay men all of whom hang onto her every word, nodding in agreement like bobble head dolls as she slams or schmoozes celebrities, delighting an audience thrilled to have found a fellow air head they can relate to, I thought how Donald Trump is like a political Wendy Williams. ) 

Whatever. One thing I am beginning to notice,  is that  there’s a thin line between the supporters of Bernie and "The Donald". Both are not only fanatical about their candidate, but passionate in their hatred for their opponents. "Feeling the Bern" is comparable to a religious experience. Bernie has become the messiah of the liberal anti-establishment crowd, a wild haired Jewish guy they believe will chase the money changers from the temple, and answer the prayers of anyone who worships him. Once in charge, when not walking on the waters of the Potomac River,  he will  exorcise the demons of Wall Street and feed the poor with a few fish and a couple of loaves of bread.  And also forgive your student loans.  If you’re a hapless Millennial who is still living in your parent’s basement or a black fast food worker, trying to get by on your minimum wage, he’s your Savior.  If you’re a middle class taxpayer with a long memory,  Bernie will reward your festering hate by banishing that spawn of Satan, Hillary Clinton! 

Hillary Clinton is viewed by her pragmatic supporters as the experienced and knowledgeable Darling of the Doable.  She’ll  sweep into the white house, tidy things up and give the nation a make-over.  She has a to-do list wherein she has planned her work and is eager to work her plan.  But none of this impresses the detractors that think she is a lying, scheming, vacillating  bitch who was her husband’s partner in many crimes.  Bernie accuses her of representing the rich special interests and of being on the wrong side in such things as the Iraq war and Obama-backed Trade agreements. The old guard of black Democrats are more forgiving, however, preferring to focus on the positive things she has done to combat racism and help women and children. To them,  Bernie is a re-tread from the ‘60s  getting by on his past reputation as they criticize him for patronizingly looking upon all blacks as being poor and helpless. 

In any case Hillary is the a woman whose ambition has always been to become the first woman president.  She has accomplished all her other goals, and is rich enough to remove herself from the pockets of corporate America.  We are now asked to believe that, if she wins, instead of using this opportunity to atone for her sins and nobly do what’s best for the entire nation,  she will just ignore the rank and file who put her in office, and cater to the rich, thereby tainting any legacy that would earn her a hallowed place in history.  But, - who knows.

I do have a third choice when it comes to the Primaries and that is to just take a pass on them.  Sad to say, I’m at the point where I no longer give a damn. I’m pretty much done with this country on all levels, in all areas, wondering if I’ll even be around to participate in the election or to witness America in the throes of a chaotic implosion that the outcome of the upcoming election might precipitate.

Hummmm. Come to think of it,  that might be something worth waiting for... 

• Like 2

During the '08 election, I was actually for Hillary over Obama because I figured she'd be a stronger fighter against the right wing agenda. I knew if Obama got into office he'd be doing just what he's been doing, negotiating and letting Republicans play him for a punk.
He's too "smart" and not tough enough.

Almost everything he's done up until this point has been for the benefit of the Republicans.
The healthcare bill was a give away to the insurance companies.
He upgraded the so-called "War on Terror" that the Republicans started.
Republican Governors literally getting away with murder.
And it seems as if there has been more police brutality under his watch than under George W.'s.

But there is still time for him to make thing right.

However at this point, I don't trust ANY of those running for office because none of them are talking about implimenting things that would REALLY help this nation like Universal Healthcare, free and improved education, more blue-collar jobs, and building new cities from the ground up like WE'RE trying to do at newflint.org.

The current leaders have no vision, that's apparent.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the work of that underage skank you keep around to use  as your toilet paper, or is your multiple personality disorder kickin in and motivating you to post all of this juvenile twaddle.  Not only are you a hot mess, but you are a psycho.  :o

LMAO.  I am a retired old lady who has a lot of free time, but if we are to believe your lies, you are a young vibrant  homosexual, who writes dull books, and is the toast of the publishing world,  leading a full life, yet you have nothing better to do than to spend your time engaging in the most infantile activity I've ever encountered. Why don't you leave your mother out of this and respect her privacy.  I repeat: you are a hot mess and an unbalanced psychopath.  Get help and also some new material.  Yawwwwwwwwn <_<

You don't deserve my best.  Why waste it on a scumb bag like you?  You're so pitiful.  it's a shame somebody who has such an elevated opinion of herself is so hasrd up for attention she has to come to this board for attention.  Wassa matter. Your girlfriend leave you for a younger, prettier, better-smelling homosexual?

LMAO Break out the violins. You ain't shit. Who attacks others and uses any more foul language than YOU? If you can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen.  You insult people's intelligence. Nobody on this board feels threatened or intimidated by me but YOU.  Unlike you, they're all secure enough to  take me in their stride and not feel resentful if I inject comments on a thread where you're holding forth and pontificating, and  they don't try to monitor Troy's domain.  You take yourself too seriously and have obviously insulated yourself from those who are not impressed with your superficiality and false values.  You are a lying, devious, presumptuous, shallow, one-dimensional wanna-be who hides behind your anonymity because - you are nobody! 

Your mission to save this board from me is ludicrous. Super sara .  Up, up, and away.  Thud. ROTFLOL

On 3/25/2016 at 0:28 PM, Sara said:

I've said nothing about what I've done in MY life

I shouldn't even jump in since I've long stopped getting engaging with you (Sara), but the first thing I remember you (Sara) saying on this board is that you've had a multitude of New York Times listed books and all of your books were published, not self published. Whether that was a slap at those of us who chose to self-publish, is a matter of perception. At that time we all kept asking what books you've written but you overlooked our questions in order to establish your position. I post this simply to say that you have definitely thrown in the boards face your life by stating that your books are in libraries and have appeared on the New York Times list and are not self published.

• Like 1

Kindred spirit is right. She sounded like a inarticulalte retard. Was that by mistake, or did you plan it that way?

Babble all you want. You were caught in a lie. Exposed as the self-important person that you are.

But who cares??  LMAO

Let's just humor sara. She's in her multiple personality mode.  Come out, come out wherever you are sarafan. Step up and join the discussion. Don't be shy.   I welcome you.  Why hide and cower on the fringes and let a liar do the talking for you? 

....so it looks like neither Cynique or Sara will allow the other to have the last word. As long as either was dissed, made fun of or in any way slighted.  Neither are willing to simply let it go. 

I do have to admit I would love to know who Sara is in real life.  First, I would make sure all of her books are on my website--that is a courtesy I give to any active participant on these forums.  But I'm also curious because a Black NY Times bestseller, I would have to know her, or at least have met her.  But I understand if she wants to maintain her anonymity I understand.

• Like 2

Troy

....so it looks like neither Cynique or Sara will allow the other to have the last word. As long as either was dissed, made fun of or in any way slighted. Neither are willing to simply let it go.

Come on man !
You know how women tend to carry grudges....lol.

I know women who were good friends until something happened at a party 15 or 20 years back where one didn't like how the other said "hello" to her man at the time and they STILL can't stand to be in the same room together.

I know atleast 5 sistaz right off the bat who won't eat at certain resturants no matter how good the food may be because of some silly dispute they may have had with one of the waitresses or the cashier there....lol.

On the other hand, some of my best friends from childhood were boys I got into fist fights with.
I remember  being hired for a job and paid good money by the same guy I got into an argument with and broke the antennae off of his car a couple days earlier...lol.

As far as Sara's anonymity......
You know everybody ain't like you or CD who don't mind sharing some of your lives with the public. Or Cynique....who seems to enjoy ADVERTIZING herself in a flood of pictures from time to time....lol.

Some of us like to keep aspects of our identity private.

• Like 1

Just hit me....

As a published - NYC publishing house, NOT self-published - author whose books are in 115 (and counting) libraries in the U.S. and U.K., words are my game. I am sincerely hoping that by addressing your post to me on a board dedicated to "books," you're not saying that as a newbie, I must lay down my literary arms and accept abuse from the old heads on the forum as a condition of membership. 

Just asking."

There you go Sara. It's on page 3 of that long discussion where you first appeared. 

I've lost track of who is saying what.   But 

20 hours ago, Sara said:

At any rate, I'm an idea person. That's why I come to MBs. Not to dance the crooked-leg - hey! if I want to argue, all I have to do is step outside my door! - but to bounce around ideas about current events and social commentary on people I would normally never meet. The best way to hone philosophies, to refine ideas, is to take them to the marketplace and see what shakes. If I make a friend, all the better. But that has never been my primary reason for posting on any board.... although I've always come away with at least one Sarafan on every one that I've posted. :) 

What a crock.  Your version of an idea is to vet my personal reminiscences in order to portray yourself in a favorable light, and you think nothing of lying and distorting when trying to make your points. You constantly boast about outfoxing me when all you do is parrot the same ol litany, giving clues to the pathetic effect your dysfunctional childhood has had on you. Poor ol sara. Self-delusional and self inflated in addition to being a  pathological liar, -  a petty, hapless nomad who wanders from message board to message board, seeking validation  for being your inimitable, devious, obnoxious self, finally leaving with one fan, who you create in your imagination. ROTFLOL.  As for your anonymity, maintain it.  I don't give a damn who or what you are.  You gave such a poor accounting of yourself on this board that I don't blame you for not wanting to reveal your identity.

In the meantime, tell your girlfriend to quick! bring the extinguisher because your pants are on fire, LIAR.  

And to anybody out there who is reluctant to come to this board because of me, I implore you to get some gumption and step up.  I do my thing because besides Troy, Chris, Harry, and recently Pioneer, nobody else is posting. So I just fill in and share my experiences and observations and  latch on to other folks' conversation because sometimes a question is begged. Whatever.  Come one, come all! Show some backbone.  

• Like 1

Like I said I recalled New York Times, but it was New York Publishing houses. I should have made that adjustment, but honestly that isn't the point.

The point is you ran your mouth saying you never say anything personal about yourself. This was proof that you do. I can find others, but why should I? You blab so much that you don't remember what you've written and even if you did you would attempt to make some random comment to justify your own lies.

If you are willing to share this FACT about your publishing proliferation, why not let us on to the names of some of the books? I think that's a reasonable request since you are so proud of your accomplishments. I don't think you will because I don't think you have anything to show. 115 books is a ridiculous amount of writing to get published by a publishing house/ or houses unless you are selling a ton of books. I think the most published writer has written about 1000 books, you've written a tenth of that which is crazy impressive... if it's true. But it can't be true as I don't know any writer who isn't interested in promoting their work and having more people read it. 

Oh insecure... you are by definition the meaning of insecure. A person who is "not confident or assured; uncertain and anxious:" enough to basically troll boards without using their real name or evidence that they have accomplished all of the many accolades you've professed to attain. If I was insecure I wouldn't even have a picture up on this board or a multitude of ways to know who I am. So let's just squash this. Until you tell me the name of at least one of your books, you are just an insecure, silly trick of a woman/man/transgender/whatever, who just wants to get on a message board and talk to feel self important.

You can go ahead and rant because I don't expect you to write the name of one of your 100+ books published by those New York Publishing houses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sara said:

The only crock is that of lies you and CD come up to project your insecurities and feelings of inferiority onto others.

LOL Typical sara response. But what  can you expect from a proven liar who, for some unknown reason, thinks people feel inferior to a nobody like her. Ever in denial, that's apparently  the only "idea"  sara  can come up with to distract from her utter mediocrity.  She's so transparent that she's like a roll of Scotch tape, envious because I have the liberty to post my recollections on a site that bears my name. But don't be shy, sara.  Join in! Share with the board the first time you got turned out by another homosexual. I'm sure Pioneer would love that! ;)

Sneaky  sara may not go around posting pictures of herself, but she admittedly skulks around the Internet, hunting for a message board audience to feed her need for adulation. Finding little success, this board has become the latest stop for her and her concocted groupie sarafan.    ROTFLOL  

Sara I do recall reading something you wrote indicating that you were a NY Times Bestselling author. Things like that tend to catch my attention. But I can't find a record of the statement.  Indeed I can't even find a a post that I could have misinterpreted.  There are few possibilities including I was completely mistaken, the post I read was altered or removed, or I simply can't find it.

But whatever the case, I'll take you at you word, that you are not a NY Times Bestselling author, and that you never wrote that you were.  

But again, it would be interesting to learn who you are. Sara is your name on this list: http://aalbc.com/authors/authors.php  

Sara 

However, I have to say this FOR you - whateva you come up with, there's isn't the slightest bit of JEALOUSY, ENVY, or childish comparisons of your lot in life with others. Like your opinion or lump it, you don't attempt to tear others down in order to elevate yourself (like that works! ). You seem to be secure within yourself.... and that's to your credit.
You can deal with ideas rather than feeling the nasty little need to assuage your lack of accomplishment by attacking others.

Thanks.....I think.....:(

Lol.....actually...I am quite envious and occassionally quite angry and jealous too.
But rather than trying to suppress these powerful emotions, I've learned it was best to just use their energy to drive me toward achieving goals.

I can also be quite scandalous....but I need a good reason.
Trying to impress people who don't have the power to make me rich isn't a good enough reason, lol.

Cynique

But don't be shy, sara. Join in! Share with the board the first time you got turned out by another homosexual. I'm sure Pioneer would love that!

Perhaps......
But not as much as I'd enjoy hearing one of YOUR stories from back in the day (before you got married)  to send me off to sleep!

I know this thread is titled "This or That"....

But I'd like you to give us "This AND That"....and don't leave NUSSIN' out!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Troy said:

Sara I do recall reading something you wrote indicating that you were a NY Times Bestselling author. Things like that tend to catch my attention. But I can't find a record of the statement.  Indeed I can't even find a a post that I could have misinterpreted.  There are few possibilities including I was completely mistaken, the post I read was altered or removed, or I simply can't find it.

I wouldn't be surprised if she did remove the post where she bragged about how  popular she was in the publishing industry and knew "scads" of budding young female authors. On one occasion in particular I recall her saying her book was in 1,000 libraries all over the country, as well as Europe, further stating in response to our dubiousness that she "knew her demograph".    So her "best seller" is probably a text or reference book since she is so quick to cite statistics and so eager to post and explain maps about the middle east, drivel that Pioneer challenged.   She was also very eager to lecture about things that people here already knew about ethnic groups and the civil rights movement, so non-fiction is probably the genre she works in and she may be published by a University press.   Our first clash was when she chided me for referring to the civil rights movement as a "quest", a word she apparently didn't know the meaning of.  I also had to set her straight when she asserted that Jews never anglicized their names, and she apparently didn't know JFK was the first Catholic president or that black nationalism dated back to Marcus Garvey.  (She will of course deny all of this)  Her condescending attitude and tendency to underestimate people's intelligence is what got me on her case; not an inferiority complex or envy or jealously or the insecurity she desperately cites as the reasons she incurred my hostility. I know damn well I'm cynical and devilish and don't make fans but Sara is clueless about being a snob who believes being "accomplished"  compensates for her being asinine. As I previously opined, she apparently surrounds herself with syncophants; brown nosers who flatter and humor her, or dummies who are as shallow and phony as she is. LOL Whatever.

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:
12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Sara said: 

However, I have to say this FOR you - whateva you come up with, there's isn't the slightest bit of JEALOUSY, ENVY, or childish comparisons of your lot in life with others. Like your opinion or lump it, you don't attempt to tear others down in order to elevate yourself (like that works! ). You seem to be secure within yourself.... and that's to your credit.
You can deal with ideas rather than feeling the nasty little need to assuage your lack of accomplishment by attacking others.

Pioneer said:

Thanks.....I think.....:(

Lol.....actually...I am quite envious and occassionally quite angry and jealous too.
But rather than trying to suppress these powerful emotions, I've learned it was best to just use their energy to drive me toward achieving goals.

I can also be quite scandalous....but I need a good reason.
Trying to impress people who don't have the power to make me rich isn't a good enough reason, lol.

Cynique said

But don't be shy, sara. Join in! Share with the board the first time you got turned out by another homosexual. I'm sure Pioneer would love that!

Perhaps......
But not as much as I'd enjoy hearing one of YOUR stories from back in the day (before you got married)  to send me off to sleep!

Come on, grant us a tale or two....lol...and don't leave NUSSIN' out!

Hummm. Well, when it came to intimacy with my lover, I wasn't big on foreplay. I preferred  getting down to the bare essentials quickly...:P OOOOOOOH WEEEEEEEE   YES! :blink:...

Basking in the afterglow supplied the romance...a leisurely-shared cigarette...a goblet of wine between us, and lotsa provocative pillow talk...Baby, baby, baby...Yes, Love, yes Love, yes, Love....:wub:  Then a short nap, our bodies entwined...^_^...

Slowly aroused, dreams would fade...seconds came next and so would we...time would stand still...the earth would move...:o...and all was right with the world...:rolleyes:...

LOL 

13 hours ago, Cynique said:

I wouldn't be surprised if sara did remove the post where she bragged about how  popular she was in the publishing industry and knew "scads" of budding young female authors. On one occasion in particular I recall her saying her book was in 1,000 libraries all over the country, as well as Europe, further stating in response to our dubiousness that she "knew her demograph".    So her "best seller" is probably a text or reference book since she is so quick to cite statistics and so eager to post and explain maps about the middle east, drivel that Pioneer challenged.   She was also very eager to lecture about things that people here already knew about ethnic groups and the civil rights movement, so non-fiction is probably the genre she works in and she may be published by a University press.   Our first clash was when she chided me for referring to the civil rights movement as a "quest", a word she apparently didn't know the meaning of.  I also had to set her straight when she asserted that Jews never anglicized their names, and she apparently didn't know JFK was the first Catholic president or that black nationalism dated back to Marcus Garvey.  (She will of course deny all of this)  Her condescending attitude and tendency to underestimate people's intelligence is what got me on her case; not an inferiority complex or envy or jealously or the insecurity she desperately cites as the reasons she incurred my hostility. I know damn well I'm cynical and devilish and don't make fans but Sara is clueless about being a snob who believes being "accomplished"  compensates for her being asinine. As I previously opined, she apparently surrounds herself with syncophants; brown nosers who flatter and humor her, or dummies who are as shallow and phony as she is. LOL Whatever.

Hummmmmmm, I clicked on to "reply" and this quote popped up on its own.  WOOOOO Could supernatural forces be at work here???   I'll take this as a sign from the nether world and be brief.  Sara can lie and deny and spam the emoticons that prove her to be as childish as she accuses others of being, but I stand by the undisputed words that appear above.    

BTW, Anybody who addresses  "CDBurns" as "CD" is not detailed-oriented...     

Ooooh get over yourself.  ZZZZZZZZZZZ Who gives a damn about who or what you are.  Forget the lies, the truth about you is bad enough.   We know  you want to prolong this because it's the only way you can get attention but no point in beating a dead dog to death. So stop baring your canines and go gnaw on a bone.  LMAO. 

Note I never said "Bestselling". I only said New York Times List. I said recalled because I didn't want to look it up, but I did take the time to find that because you said you don't talk about yourself or accomplishments, but if I took the time I can find several instances where you brag about your history and info.

My point was to address the statement that you don't talk about yourself or history. That was a lie. Liars lie and then rant to throw people off of what was the primary point which was you said you don't gloat or brag or talk about your accomplishments. 1 book was what I wanted, but your privacy is yours and I have no right to request that. 

I'm wrong for mentioning your name. I will agree with you on that. I was wrong for even addressing you and this is definitely my last response to you. I request of you the same. There isn't any need to respond to this post or any of my posts. Keep it moving. Cynique you are definitely more engaged with this person so have at it. 

• Like 1

Cynique

Hummm. Well, when it came to intimacy with my lover, I wasn't big on foreplay. I preferred  getting down to the bare essentials quickly...:P OOOOOOOH WEEEEEEEE   YES! :blink:...

Basking in the afterglow supplied the romance...a leisurely-shared cigarette...a goblet of wine between us, and lotsa provocative pillow talk...Baby, baby, baby...Yes, Love, yes Love, yes, Love....:wub:  Then a short nap, our bodies entwined...^_^...

Slowly aroused, dreams would fade...seconds came next and so would we...time would stand still...the earth would move...:o...and all was right with the world...:rolleyes:...

LOL 

Well hell........
If THAT'S the best you got.....you can go back to fighting Sara. <_<

Sheeeeyid, I'm GLAD I went on to bed instead of waiting up for that.....lol.

To keep it real though, I don't think there's anything I could actually READ to get me hot anyway.
Even Playboy magazines lost their effect on me after 14.

Sara said I'm clueless about women....lol.
Perhaps she's right.  For over 30 years I've been triyng to figure out why a good day for so many women consist of curling up on the couch sipping hot chocolate and reading romance novels.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

...Well hell........
If THAT'S the best you got.....you can go back to fighting Sara. <_<
Sheeeeyid, I'm GLAD I went on to bed instead of waiting up for that.....lol.

To keep it real though, I don't think there's anything I could actually READ to get me hot anyway.
Even Playboy magazines lost their effect on me after 14.

Sara said I'm clueless about women....lol.
Perhaps she's right.  For over 30 years I've been triyng to figure out why a good day for so many women consist of curling up on the couch sipping hot chocolate and reading romance novels.

LOL Sorry, my impromptu anecdote didn't fulfill your request, Pioneer.  Guess I wasn't inspired - something for which I'm sure Troy is grateful. Enough of making a mockery of AALBC's mission.     

Surely, you are aware that there are internet sites where you can go to get your vicarious thrills.  But be careful, I hear they can become addictive.  :mellow:

I've never known a woman who had the time or the desire to curl up on a couch, and sip hot chocolate while reading a romance novel, so I can't help you there, either.  Maybe you should polish your bedroom skills, do a better job of whispering sweet nothings,  and rub yourself down with some cocoa butter. :D

Maybe you should polish your bedroom skills, do a better job of whispering sweet nothings, and rub yourself down with some cocoa butter

....I used to do all of that!
Then I found out THAT'S what was sending half of them to the couch to sip hot chocolate and read books, so I stopped.

I don't know why AALBC doesn't have a section for Black Romance Novels....hundred of thousands if not millions of Black women seem to love it.

Black authors like Brenda Jackson and Omar Tyree have made fortunes off of it.

I can't go into a Barnes and Noble without seeing a gang of Black girls spead out all over the damn floor twiddling their legs, reading romance books and giggling over some sillinesses.

@Pioneer1, coincidentally I just posted, just this morning a link to Brenda Jackson page.  She has written 100+ romance novels and I have more than have of them on the site: http://aalbc.com/authors/author.php?author_name=Brenda+Jackson

I see I have to really do a better job of helping people understand the scope of the content this site contains.  There is tons of content about romance books, I stopped creating "sections" on this site, because "sections" are a physical construct that that would be very limiting when applied to a website.  If you are interested in the Romance, just do a search on "Romance" that will keep you busy for a while :wub:

It's amusing that sara tries to pass herself off as a mature, civil person, when she is actually the anti-thesis of this.  Another example of how she lies. Nor can she deal with rejection. 

'Guess every time she has a liquid lunch we can look forward to her accomplishing the very easy task of making an ass of herself.  

• Like 1

Troy

I don't want it to seem as if I'm the biggest fan of Ms Jackson.
I just mentioned her and Omar because they seem to be among the most popular names I've heard from some of the younger women in my family who enjoy much of her work.

I'm not much on Romance novels.
I'd rather use my "imagination" for more constructive purposes like designing and urban planning, not fantasizing about making love to my best friend's bi-sexual wife while he's in prison or some other theme many of these novels base themselves on....lol.

Thanks for the info though.
Perhaps I can direct some of the women I know who love this type of literature in this direction.

@Pioneer1, no problem.  Please do direct people to this site if they are interested in romance of any other genre I'm sure they will find something that the will like,  There are almost 2,200 writers and their books profiles on this website, all manually curated, so there is a lot of quality literature to chose from.

Like you I'm not a big fan of romance, but I listen to people who are, and of course Brenda tops the list.  Omar too is popular and has been publishing books for over 2 decades.

Well, I shall be quite frank.  The only true candidate worth voting for is Bernie Sanders.  If the democrat party destroys Bernie Sanders' opportunity, I shall vote Donald Trump.

I shall not continue to hand my vote over to the democrat party in the name of helping "humanity" or helping "all americans."  I specifically want to know what the democrat party intends to do to help black people, period!   I do not care about other people!  It is this selfishness that is needed to bring attention to the concerns of our community.  And this "in the name of humanity" rubbish has only left black people holding the short end of the stick!  I honestly feel that the older generation of civil right workers became very comfortable with joining the discussion among white democrats to bash republicans, when the discussion should have never been about republicans, but what shall the democrat party do to help black people as a reason that black people should continue to vote for democrats.  It is strange that white women for equal pay, gays for gay marriage, hispanics for immigration reform, white  jews for the support of Israel and other groups can demand something in exchange for voting democrat, but black people are encouraged by older blacks to demand nothing.  And that is precisely what blacks have gotten from white democrats: nothing!  The only thing older black people can tell me is: Well, the republicans are worse than the democrats.  That is simply not good enough!   I do not generally vote for republicans nor shall I continue to vote for the lesser of two evil.  I think you  older blacks sold the black community out, and, as proof of this, look at the black community today.  You were the leaders of it, and you failed!  And you  continue to lead blacks on the path of absolute and pristine failure as you will vote for the democrat party blindly and  get nothing in return, other than saying,  "Well, the republicans were worse."  Let's vote for Hitler because Stalin is worse!  How foolish!  (Old black people, please do not respond to me, as I have utterly and absolutely no respect  for you.  How dare you throw the black community under the bus for over 60 years by demanding nothing of substance from the democrat party that would concretely address the unique issues of the black community in exchange for blacks voting democrat.  And you're still singing the same song and dance.  Continue neglecting the black community and talk about how "bad" republicans are; but you'll never tell me how "good" democrats are for black people. Why?  Because they are not!  And you are not, either!  The sooner you people "go to heaven," the better off black people will be.  So, hurry and get your white washed wings please!)

The even more strange point is: The Democrat Party has done more harm to the black community than republicans have ever!  Shall I name the multiple policies the Democrat Party has endorsed that has devastated black people, from the white lesbian feminist movement's ideas of belittling and distancing men from the family, to discouraging internal economic development and empowerment in the black community in exchange for government social benefit handouts, to incarcerating black men, and to white democrats entering black communities, like Harlem, and uprooting almost every black person therein! White democrat racists are notorious for entering black poor neighborhoods and removing every single black person from it!  Republicans did not do that! Republicans are neither placing Planned  Parenthood Organizations, which was began by Margaret Sanger, a devout racist who despised blacks, into almost  exclusively poor neighborhoods of color.  Republicans neither began the idea of informing children that if your parents spank you that you should call the police, whereupon parents were being incarcerated  for merely disciplining their children!  Republicans were neither responsible for encouraging teenage pregnancy by giving children condoms under the pretense that they will have sex anyway!  Republicans neither are supporters of holding children of color hostage in failing traditional public schools and thereby denying parents freedom of choice in deciding our children's school education.  In fact, it is not at Republican controlled school systems that black children are disproportionately expelled for offenses that white children are merely reprimanded for. Hence, the biggest damage ever to be done to black people have been by the democrat party, hands down! And the real reason that blacks hate republicans is because republicans are upfront racists who tell blacks to do for themselves!  But the absolute biggest racists  I have ever encountered through undergrad and grad school have been white liberal democrats, who smile in your face and are your friend  as long as you push their ideology.  But the moment you disagree with them, the white liberal democrat  will remind you of your color!  They remind you "slave, do not think for yourself and do not ever try getting off the plantation."  These filthy white liberal democrats will even go to bed with and marry blacks and create mixed  offspring  (who really are not black people in my opinion, and I make a powerful argument proving that point!) Thus, white democrats are the absolute worst!  

Therefore, Hillary Clinton is out!  Black men went to prison for non-violent offenses and received substantial sentences more under Bill Clinton than any republican president!  Bill Clinton allowed illegals from South America to enter America for economic reasons but told the Haitians to "go back home" and "to turn your boat back around from America" as the Haitians were in the middle of the ocean and fleeing from civil war!  Bill Clinton was quick to get involved with the mass murder of whites in Bosnia but let Blacks murder themselves in Rwanda!  Guilty by Assocation?  Absolutely!  Bill Clinton is trash just like his wife, who was initially a young supporter of Barry Goldwater, who was a self-proclaim and admitted segregationist racist, and who Hillary Clinton to this day says she is still proud to have supported.  Unbelievable!  Thus, the pro-establishment candidate and hidden racist Hillary Clinton is out!  Bernie Sanders is an anti-establishment democrat which is why the dnc wants him out!  Donald Trump is an anti-establishment republican which is why the rnc wants him out! And this is very reason why the both of them - for me - are IN!  (celestrialperfection@gmail.com)

Well again Bernie has my vote.  Hillary does not, nor does Trump.  

However many slaves to the democratic party who feel that if you don't vote for Hillary, assuming she is the democratic nominee, that is actually a vote for Trump.

I think people should vote for people they support, they should not be coerced into voting for someone they do not support as a strategy to stop someone else you don't support from winning.  Hopefully the process will work out with a candidate that the people (at least the democrats) actually want....

I have a problem with Bernie supporters like this "Guest" poster of patented propaganda, most of which is old news from years ago, while the rest consists of blaming Hillary for the sins of her husband, citing a lot of things which if vetted objectively can be discounted,  To me, "Guest", is an embodiment of the Bernie followers with their inflated sense of nobility. They're so busy patting themselves on the back for exercising what they consider their "integrity", that they are blinded by their own halos, Contrary to what "Guest" claims, white Bernie followers, themselves, take on the role of standard bearers for the poor negro masses who are misled and can't think for themselves and need to be rescued by do-gooder bleeding hearts and their allies of warmed over latter day black radicals and young wanna-be revolutionaries all recycled from the 1960s.   They spend all their time demonizing Hillary while glossing over how Bernie, in his role of savior, will pull off his miracles by applying simple solutions to complicated problems, something he didn't do when he fathered a baby out of wedlock back in the day. Like Trump's following,  Bernie supporters think he is going to save America, not by reinforcing racism, but by dismantling capitalism. Lotsa luck.

So far, the rank and file of black voters and their practical leaders are backing Hillary because Bernie is an unknown entity and black folks tend to go for what they know and be placated with what they can get.  Only the young ones are idealistic.  

Hillary is certainly not perfect  but  being perfect is not a requirement for becoming POTUS.  The job calls for a broad global command of issues and a doable mentality.  Actually, she is Moderate Centrist  and Bernie is a Leftist Progressive and they are not that different in the people they purport to represent. They are both promising reform, although to listen to the Bernie's fanatics who are stuck in the past, all Hillary wants to do is line her pockets and represent the rich, something my gut feeling tells me is not the case. But, that's just me.

Come November, I won't cross my arms and purse my lips and not vote if Hillary isn't the Democratic candidate. Instead of pouting, I will simply vote for Bernie if for no other reason than it will be interesting to see how it all works out...

• Like 1

Cynique, there are plenty of Bernie supporters who are my age.  In fact, I don't really know anyone (other than yourself) who is so staunchly supportive of Hillary.  Basically folks are either "Bernie or bust", or "I'll vote of Hillary if Bernie does not make it." The later may be in the minority. 

When you write, "...in his role of savior, will pull off his miracles by applying simple solutions to complicated problems..." that same thing could have very easily been applied to Barack 8 years ago.

I did not know Bernie had a child out of wedlock, I'm not sure why you mentioned it other than to demonized Bernice in the same why you accuse others of demonizing Hillary.  Considering the fact that the mmajority of Black people born in America are born out of wedlock, I doubt very many people will hold that against Bernie, but rather see him human--like the rest of us.

We need people who are far m,ore progressive in the white house, not moderate centrists who parrot whatever the polls say people want to hear, then proceed to do the bidding of the oiligarchy once elected.

• Like 1

Great change in dialogue here. If I'm honest, I'm for the person that will assist small business. Which none of the people who are running are addressing so my vote is still in the air (although in the primary I voted for Bernie, which didn't matter since Hillary swept the South anyway.) The person who will address the small business infrastructure in the US (Basically the person who will force the banks to lend money to the everyday person instead of the million dollar businesses will definitely get my ear in a big way. As of right now because I import my footwear, I have to pay attention to the trade agreements and how the taxes are going to applied and if the duties will decrease. This begins to place me in no man's land because while Repubs want to decrease taxes, they don't want banks helping the little guy.

• Like 1

@TroyI am not a "staunch" supporter of Hillary i am just a cynical skeptic of Bernie.  And in the spirit of digging up dirt from the past, which seems to be the forte of Bernie supporters, I decided  to mention that Saint Bernie had a child out of wedlock.

I was going by polls when I said more Blacks are supporting Hillary than Bernie since everybody likes to cite figures.  Plus, at a gathering I attended on Easter, I myself was surprised by how everyone there, many of whom were your age, were supporting Hillary. One of these was a New York resident who was visiting her mother for the holidays.  Go figure.

As for applying the simple solutions to complicated problems dogma to Obama, I'm surprised that you, who chided Obama for bailing out the banks and being a care taker of the status quo, would make that rationale.;)

The carefully crafted "Guest" manifesto has appeared all over the internet and the more I read it, the more I become suspicious of it being a ploy to divide and conquer Democrats in the hope of sending disgruntled Bernie followers into the Trump camp if Sanders doesn't get the nomination. 

@CDBurns You may very well be representative of a silent voting bloc; those who vote their pocketbooks. They may wield more power than expected  because these entrepreneurs and professionals come from all races. Their hearts may be with one candidate but their heads are with who will best serve their financial interests. 

• Like 1

If there is a candidate who begins to address entrepreneurship and small biz, that candidate could literally push themselves ahead. I'm idealistic so Bernie appeals to me, but on some level and I know it's sacrilegious, Trump is interesting just because I get how business people are for themselves and really don't care about anything except how to strengthen their own position in a capitalist society. I would never vote for Trump, but a business person running for the White House who really doesn't need lobbyists to enhance his life is very compelling. I guess Kennedy was such a person so maybe I'm looking for someone with the savvy to figure out free two year college, regulating banks and forcing a "type" of equal opportunity in lending, and someone smart enough to realize the government doesn't need it's hand in every cookie jar and won't send my fellow military brothers to war over the control of fossil fuels. As of right now every candidate hits on almost all of these points. Not a single one of them is addressing the small biz person and like you said Cynique I think this is a bloc that is playing the waiting game in deciding who to really throw their vote behind.

• Like 1

I'm not voting for ANY of those currently running because none of them are saying what i want to hear as far as universal healthcare, good paying blue-collar jobs  millions of unemployed men and women, and totally rebuilding America's infrastructure.

None of them have an actual VISION for building a new America.
They just want to patch up the same old shit and keep it running.

Besides, who really thinks electing a President will really change things in today's political climate anyway?

Obama is a Black Democrat and America's foreign and domestic policies are pretty much the same as they were when a White Republican was in office.
Chicago is Obama's hometown, Michelle is from the South Side....what what is he doing about the violence and poverty?

Hell, atleast Republicans kind of halfway look out for and toss a few dimes to it's constituents.
Democrats just completely FORGOT about the poor and Black issues and are now focusing on the "middle class" and Latino and women voters.

No matter who gets in office, it appears that the agenda stays the same.
Bust up the unions, destroy decent blue collar jobs, raise the price of healthcare and tuition, and figure out ways to reduce Black economic and political power while keeping the inner cities of America chaos.

Until we get another president with the balls to implement REAL change....like Franklin Roosevelt......if change does comes, it will have to start at the LOCAL level.  Sincere Democrats and Republicans in the cities of America should take off their political labels and sit down to a table and talk about how to improve things locally because Washington ain't caring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm not voting for ANY of those currently running because none of them are saying what i want to hear as far as universal healthcare, good paying blue-collar jobs  millions of unemployed men and women, and totally rebuilding America's infrastructure.

I think Bernie's people will dispute this.  This is what their platform is all about.  And Clinton is jumping on board with the same message.   Just about everybody agrees that rebuilding  America's deteriorating infra-structure is not only imperative but would provide thousands of jobs. 

Bernie Sanders says some good things but too many of his supporters are pushing Socialism...or what many of his supports call "Democratic Socialism"....which will not work for Black America because too much socialism will make our people lazy.

I've seen too many talented Black men and women who grew up thinking they could "slick" their way through life by hustling and pimping the system until they could somehow get a social security or disablity check for a few hundred dolllars....then they're satisified.
But in a properly managed economy,  if they were pushed to use just HALF of the good sense God gave them many of them would be millionaires by now.

On the other hand we don't need unbridled Capitalism either because it will lead to the type of exploitation and despotism you see brewing in the United State today that locks so many poor AfroAmericans out of the economy and creates a "permanent underclass".

SOME things that people depend on for their very livelihood like healthcare and education should be socialized.
Other things should not.

I'm not hating on Bernie.
I think he'd probably be a better President from a domestic policy point of view than Hillary and I KNOW he'd be better than Trump.

But we have to learn that what works for OTHERS will not necessarily work for us.

What we need as AfroAmericans is a system uniquely designed BY us...FOR us; and if not implimented by a Black politician in an executive position such as President or Governor....atleast whoever does get in office while respect our agenda and integrate it into his/her Administration.

• Like 1