46th Day of #BlackHistoryMonth: Alice Walker, 1st married inter-racial couple in Mississippi

That's interesting...........

Although I don't recall her coming right out and saying it, for some reason I thought Alice Walker was homosexual.

The sister has a wonderful spirit BTW.

I went to hear her speak a few years ago and was amazed at how calming her presence was over the entire audience.

Not quite what I expected after years of reading some of her work, lol.

I expected to see some loud sister with an Afro to come stomping on stage bashing men in a gravelly voice.

Instead this cute little woman with dimples and dreads comes out with a very feminine demeanor speaking in a soft voice.

Sara

Homosexual is a scientific term.
I haven't met any homosexuals who were offended by it....lol.

It would be like me taking offense to being called a "male".

"Don't call me a MALE.....I'm a GUY....I'm a FELLOW!!!!"

In truth, I haven't met many lesbians who were offended by the term "dyke" either....but I had better sense than to use that word around them, LOL.

The terms lesbian (for women) and gay (for men) are just colloquial terms; common usage for the more scientific "homosexual".

BTW.....the term "lesbian" originally came from the Greek island of "Lesbos" which was said to be ruled by women in antiquity.

• Like 1

It's also interesting  how certain homosexuals want to preach about the protocol they expect others to observe, yet think they, themselves, should be exonerated from retaliation if they indiscriminately put labels on other minority groups. Their sense of entitlement is ludicrous and "homophobe" is their favorite word.  My 30-year-old granddaughter is gay and I'm  cool with how she is able to take things in her stride and not expect to be treated any different from a heterosexual.  

First "race" has been declared nonexistent, but the word racism is still a major part of the vocabulary of those who assert this.  Now, "homosexuality" has been designated an offensive word by those who can't yell "homophobe"  quick enough if somebody dares to question their lifestyle. Same-sexers want it both ways, apparently.  ROTFLOL.  Suck it in, Sara.  :lol:

Sara

Many lesbians aren't offended by the word dyke, either. However, if one wants to be politically correct - as you appeared to be with your comment chiding my use of the word - according to GLADD, the "official" gay organization, homosexual is as offensive as dyke. As such, I return the "chide" - stop calling Gay people "homosexuals."

I wouldn't exactly call it "chiding".....
Just making you aware just incase you use the term without knowing it's considered deragatory.
I wasn't offended by it and as far as I'm concerned you can keep on using it.

I could care less whether "many" lesbians are offended by the term or not.  I've heard gay men call eachother "fag", but I won't do it because I know it's deragatory.  As far as I'm concerned people can call themselves what they want, but just because they have the right to do it....doesn't make the behavior proper.

I say the word "nicca" all day long, but I better not hear a White man say it....lol.

Cynique

First "race" has been declared nonexistent, but the word racism is still a major part of the vocabulary of those who assert this. Now, "homosexuality" has been designated an offensive word by those who can't yell "homophobe" quick enough if somebody dares to question their lifestyle. Same-sexers want it both ways, apparently. ROTFLOL. Suck it in, Sara

LOL.....Cynique, why you keep messing with that girl?

I'm beginning to think you're doing it out of boredom.

My views on homosexuality have changed quite a bit over the years.

I used to think it was a major sin that Black people "caught" from Whites.
Then I thought people who were homosexual were just "confused".
That's because I was looking at things from a religious/biblical point of view.

When I started looking at things from a scientific (experience/observation) based point of view as well as doing historical research on the roles of men and women in various societies I started accepting it as a natural form of human sexuality.

I still don't KNOW if it's "right" or "wrong" morally, but until God actually makes it clear to me that it's wrong, I no longer condemn it.

42 minutes ago, Sara said:

Don't confuse me with your dyke granddaughter, old woman. I'm not gay OR homosexual.... not that there's anything wrong with that! :)

Oh, not a kike, either. ;)

Just as I suspected, Sara. You're absolutely nothing, and nobody wants you.    LMAO.   ( And you have no will power):lol:

20 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

LOL.....Cynique, why you keep messing with that girl?

I'm beginning to think you're doing it out of boredom.

Well, Pioneer,  Sara is a great target because she's sooo full of herself.  Now I know why. Nobody wants to get inside of her. (Maybe she should check out some sex toys)^_^

Oooooh puleeze Sara.  You and your trannie girlfriend probably spent the whole evening, trying to figure out a new strategy.  You're not foolin' nobody.  You're a gay homosexual but you are cowardly denying this because you want to free yourself up to talk about my age.YAWNNNNNNN  Why don't you observe your mother so you can get some new material about old folks. Anybody who had a freak like you by her father has to be a crone.   

Whatsa matter?  Are you rattled.  Nothing you say makes any sense. What's your excuse for hangin out on this site.  Still lookin for an audience to spout all your old warmed over trivia to??  

I'm sure you were born a homosexual.  it probably runs in the family.  Bet you and your moms and your trannie girlfriend have great threesomes.  

Ok, you have my permission to give your public service announcement. Haven't you run out of troll food by now, you stupid idiot?  LMAO.

For somebody who considers herself so "accomplished", you'd think you'd know how to spell. But guess you're not only a homosexual but a dumb dyke.  Go to bed now. Your butch is waiting.  And remember don't talk while your mouth is full. 

Get real. You are so deluded. Everything you say is stupid and off point. You whole approach is childish and witless, and I consider you a very unworthy opponent. And your rationalizing about being a full blown dyke shows just how pathetic you are.  I don't work or have to get up in the morning but a shallow airhead like you sits up all night trying to keep up with me, and failing miserably with your repetitive inane attempts at being clever.  Now go crawl  back into the hole where your rat skank is waiting to get licked.  You've been served!     :lol:

I've tried to comply with your request, Troy,  but  Sahara is drunk again and a glutton for punishment  so leave  everything up  so everybody can see what a  fool this creature is who slithered on to this site and stinks it up with her obnoxious illusions and boring twaddle. You're in for it now, Sahara. I have exposed you as the phony, wanna- be,  homosexual, spawn of a baboon and her father.  I guess your tranny is helping you out with your posts  because they get sillier and sillier.  You must be a cougar cuz your bitch sounds like she's still in high school.  Either that, or you are afflicted with multiple-personality disorder. You are a hot mess.  :lol:

Just in case someone is wondering, where the heck is this site's moderator?  I taking a hand-off approach here.  When I previously deleted an exchange between you two my sense was that it was completely unconstructive and there was serious malintent.  This exchange, while no more productive, and despite the very cutting barbs, seems to be between to people who actually enjoy going at each other and are dare I say it... having fun.

I also have to admit one line had me laughing out loud, but I will not admit who wrote it :o

I also don't think Alice Walker would approve, but she is not hear to express her views.

LOL.  I must admit that's not the reaction I was expecting from you, Troy.  I just knew you'd be unhappy with me for prolonging this feud. You have the patience of a Saint!  And while I do admit to being revolted by Sahara's false set of values, I am also amused by the grand self-delusions of this "one-trick pony" who thinks living a long time is a flaw. And speaking of flaws, it's really ridiculous how  Sahara is in denial about being a homosexual, refusing to admit to what she is, thinking that giving it another name will make a difference. Talk about self-hate.  No gay pride here.

But, what can I say? Looks like this creeping vine has taken root on this site.  So I will just keep my weed spray handy, because I'm sure she's infested with insects.  :D 

Down, Girl! Bet you gave up your lunch hour to come here and rant, Sahara! Probably choking on your fish sandwich.;)

Obviously you are too dense to discern that I  play the role of a contrarian, challenging people's views in order to elicit a response from them and thereby make the board more interesting and lively. This is no secret. I say it all the time.   And I welcome all comers!  But you are too stupid to get this.  All you can do is fall into my traps and expose yourself as the shallow ditz that you are, someone who thrives in the company of syncopants. .

I really miss Mel and Shirley and truly wish other cool, secure, interesting women would post here.  They'd be a welcome diversion from you and your boring self, Sahara, who can't deal with the fact that you ain't all that.

And I would have no objections whatsoever if Troy elected to not call this site Cynique's Corner.  I would totally understand if he wanted to go in a different, younger, more positive direction. I realize that I am of another generation. So you can apply for the job, Sahara.  I'm sure your resume is pages long, a love letter to yourself.   

Meanwhile, i couldn't are less what Alice Walker would think.  Irascible Toni Morrison is my girl! And as the inconoclastic, polemic, existenialist that I am, I will tell you to go fuck yourself, something I'm sure you're quite skilled at.  :D  

Sara, to your point, Cynique did have epic battles with one known as Kola Boof.  Indeed your interaction with Cynique would sound like conversation during afternoon tea with the pastors' wives club by comparison.  But Cynique did not run her off, she (and others for that matter) ran off on their own.  

Cynique I changed my mind on this issue for another reason too.  As long as folks are not trying to really abuse this forum (a constant threat), I'm inclined to let folks to what they want.  Me trying to moderate what is happening in an effort to control or moderate it is not optimal.  Some of the best things that have happened here were things I could never have planned or imagined.  My attempts to meddle only make the best things less likely to happen.

I have no idea how this forum will evolve over time, in this social media era. Maybe it will spring back and become much more active, maybe it will die completely.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

There's plenty going on between us, you ding-bat. Who are you engaging in a slam fest with?  And you obviously don't know the definition of the word, provocation.  Just another example of how self-deluded you are. I don't consider calling you a homosexual an insult, but you obviously do. tsk-tsk.

See ya.  Talk to the hand.  Gotta go see how Super Tuesday is progressing and which candidates are looking good. 

LMAO.  After a hard day of sulking and seething, trying and failing to muster up some dignity, mentally crafting  a far-fetched scenario to post in retaliation for having her sorry ass handed to her,  once again Sahara, the poster gal for  "if I say it, that makes it  so", has surfaced, all saturated with her inflated sense of importance and privilege, somehow under the impression that she can disassociate herself from her nemesis because she can't best me. Deluded as usual, this asinine phony is mistakenly under the impression that she is my "bettor". But if she puts her money on herself, she will emerge the loser as usual. . Puleeze.  All of which is proof, that the monkey DNA this offspring of incestuous bestiality inherited from her mother and father/grandfather will not be denied and Sahara's inability to think like a human is damaged, - her primitive blood throbbing like the sub species predator that she is.  Woooooo.  After her girlfriend gave her a pep talk, then emulated a camel and pissed all over Sahara, sending her into homosexual heaven, she's found new inspiration.  But ol Cynique is unfazed by this urine-soaked, crab-infested varmint.  I got my RAID ready.

And be advised that you don't call the shots around here, and as long as you drag your pathetic self onto this site, Sahara, your verbal vomit  will be challenged if I so choose to disagree with you.  Or  does it make any difference whether you acknowledge it or not.  In fact , that makes it easier.  If you weren't so ego-strapped, you could figure this out.  But you are blatantly lacking in common sense. 

Hi to ya monkey momma!  Holla back!  :lol:

Sara

I'm not going to go into lesbians are made, not born, so be careful of sending your girl children to nasty old grannie's house.... alone.

I used to think women who were lesbian may have "turned" that way as opposed to being born that way. Now based on my observations I think it's a matter of BOTH.
Although no one is born with a certain sexual preference but develop it later on in childhood....you are born PREDISPOSED toward certain inclinations by the hetero or homo....or bi-.
Some women clearly start off their sexual experiences with men but after experimenting with sex with other women, discover they like it better and "turn"....while others were already lesbian but didn't know it UNTIL something in their life made them aware of this.

Troy

Cynique said,
"
And I would have no objections whatsoever if Troy elected to not call this site Cynique's Corner. I would totally understand if he wanted to go in a different, younger, more positive direction"

So I'm sure if you changed the name of this forum from Cynique's Corner to "Pioneer's Square"
....she wouldn't be too mad at ya.

Personally, I like the more "hands off" approach to moderation for the reasons you mentioned and more. I had a message board myself before and the only time I stepped in was if someone tried to publish another poster's personal information or threatened to do them great bodily harm.....other than that....as the late O.D.B. said -do ya thang baby do ya thang.

One thing I do have in common with Conservatives.....I'm a man who feels people are usually governed BEST when they are governed LEAST.

LMAO.  Know why Sahara is obsessed with trolls?  Because it takes one to know one and she's obsessed with herself, unaware that she's nothing more than a meandering pest who brings nothing to the board but amusement for me.

Here's a few crumbs, Sahara, because I feel sorry for you. Now gobble em up and go to bed.  You've gotten your Cynique fix for the night. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.    :lol:   

Pioneer's Square that is always a possibility :-)  

Of the named discussion forums Cynique is the only one who still actively participates. I named the forum for Cynique to honor her contributions.  It was not something that she asked me to do. This will be the name of the forum as long as I'm running this site.

The Poetree was named for Sister Sheree Sarana, because she volunteered to moderate the forum.  Unfortunately she did not hang around very long.  I'm open to renaming it for another moderator, but I haven't mentioned this to anyone. When I'm finished the upgrade I'll invest more in actively promoting all the forums.

The Literature forum is named for a prolific poster whose pseudonym was "Thumper."  He was such a big participant that he essentially became the brand of the forum, so I named it for him.  But Thumper left abruptly.  I just checked when he made has last post; it was made in January of 2011 when he wrote "I'm back."    I doubt I'll rename this forum, but if someone actually volunteered to actively run it I would do it, albeit with a heavy heart. 

• Like 1

You had no choice in this matter because I am able to mess with your weak mind and get you to reveal the crazy evil creep that you really are.  You couldn't sleep last night, stewing because I shook your family tree, and you got up this morning, ready to defend you homosexual apery!.  Just as I planned it.  Thanks for the laughs.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i knew you'd be back.  And since you're so shy about posting your picture, I've taken the liberty to show the world how cute you are.  I also implore others to pity you because the reason you're so fixated on old women who dip snuff is that you were molested by your grandmother as a child and it turned you on so that you grew up to become a flaming gay homosexual.  And you probably have an harem of ass-wipes who do your bidding.  But, hey, it's your life.

foto of apes - Macaque monkey face closeup - JPG

Just can't shake those flashbacks from your childhood on the planet of apes, can you,  when your granny gave you a tongue bath and the rest is history.  So obvious.  And did you take the rest of the day off from your bathroon attendant job, or were you sent home for being drunk again?  SMH  A hot mess. 

I'm going to play bridge now.  I wasted enough time on you and your inane, boring blather.  So knock yourself out, and keep on trying to prove that you're worthy of any more of my attention because you're not.  You're a second-rate lightweight. I've argued with the best and you pale in comparison. You'll pee all on yourself thinking you've chased me away but who cares?  Not me. Your girlfriend will change your diaper, and I will have some real fun playing bridge. 

And seek help.  LMAO

Sara is the worst name I can think of to call you so get a grip, SARA.  You've proved beyond all doubt to be the narcissistic, mentally disturbed case of arrested development that I've always thought you were.  Since you're obviously in you manic phase and can't turn it off ,do yourself a favor and get back on your meds.  Accept that nothing you say impresses me and you aren't worth my attention.  

Or,- rant on like the SARA that you are.  Poor thing.  

Sara

I once read a study on male gays. The examiners(?) wanted to find out if having a 'strong' mother made males gay. Upshot: it didn't. Weak or strong, it made no diff. The study concluded that the examiners couldn't determine what made males gay. Even though the study wasn't about them, they also spoke to Lesbians. Unlike the males, they were shocked to find that every single Lesbian they spoke with reported being raped as a child. This seems to be the deciding factor in almost all cases. The Lesbians are not raped just once, however; seems they were REPEATEDLY raped as children. IMO, that causes some "wires" in the brain to cross. One thing I've noticed as well - every actress I've seen who says they're gay, reports being raped as a child.... and almost in every case, by a male relative (usually the father). IMO, 90%+ gays (male AND female) are made by pedophiles. I am being generous (IMO) by saying maybe 10% are born that way.

It is true that many lesbians were molested as young girls.
I've also noticed that a lot of the boys that were molested by Catholic priests turned out to be gay or feminine acting men.
But I've also heard that either MOST girls period or just MOST Black girls have been molested as children, not sure if it's true...but clearly it didn't turn all of them homosexual.

Sexual trauma was one of my arguments as to why some people became gay or lesbian.

What really changed my view of homosexuality was looking outside of the Judeo-Christian Biblical concept of it and started studying indigenous African and Native American cultural beliefs about it and from what I dug up, homosexuality and even hermaphrodites were accepted and played a huge role in many societies.
It is said that in certain indigenous religious systems, most of the priests and priestesses were and are homosexual or bi sexual as they don't have to take on the responsibility of family life.

From your previous post I take it you believe in the Bible which clearly condemns homosexuality so I don't expect to change your mind in this issue. No person could change my mind. I had to step back and look at things from a scientific and objective point of view instead of a religious one. But as I've found, sometimes comparing moral positions froma MULTIPLE religions and cultures gives one and entirely different perspective that helps certain social problems experienced in the West make more sense.

Homosexuality aside, Western society SUPPRESSES and CONDEMNS many things in general that occur in nature, and this causes undue stress on the population that lead to a host of other problems that ancient cultures didn't have.

That is interesting. I do know that not all women, who are sexually molested, become lesbian and not all lesbian women were sexually molested.  So it is difficult to draw any conclusion from the statement; "...they were shocked to find that every single Lesbian they spoke with reported being raped as a child."  

That is an alarmingly high percentage of sexually molested people.  I would be interested in how many people were sampled and where did they pull that sample from.  It is hard to get 100% from any sample of random people, so that result is questionable on it's face.  

Cynique, OMG!!!!  I had a few minutes to spare and thought I would drop by. I am coming back as soon as I can. I will be back with both my books from CreateSpace no less. CDBurns will be so proud. I am in love with CreateSpace. They are professional publishers on every level. I am also totally enjoying the courses that I am taking at Gotham Writers Workshop. Of course, I am blowing it out the water.  I really would like to teach online for them someday.

Now, Cynique, I love your challenges, but not like this. This is not the way to exercise your brilliance-of course that is only my opinion. Behave yourself!!!!  See you soon. Perhaps, I will come up with a poem just for you.

Shirley :)

P.S. I pulled The Hunt for the Magic Pearl completely away from Archway Publishing. It is now being published in its Second Edition--"so much better" with less costs in production. I got this great advice from being a member here.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Shirley Gale said:

Now, Cynique, I love your challenges, but not like this. This is not the way to exercise your brilliance-of course that is only my opinion. Behave yourself!!!!  See you soon. Perhaps, I will come up with a poem just for you.

LOL Where ya been, Shirl?  I missed you.  I've been busy as you may have noticed, calling it like I see it, fighting fire with water and am none the worst for wear.:D  Hurry back!

• Like 1

But drunk nevertheless, and too stupid to realize that I control you and the more you post, the more stupid you look.  And no need to pretend that you don't know how it feels to suck; Just thinking about your ol grannie causes you to salivate.   

Unlike you Troy has better things to do and knows that when it comes to you, i don't need any help. Your denseness never ceases to amaze me.  Anybody could be in control of you because you're enslaved to your self-delusions.  You're so vain  all you do is talk about you and your family. LMAO. 

Those are YOUR favorite subjects, sara.  And why not?  You answer to all of those names and more because you have multiple personality order in addition to being an alcoholic.    Lucky for you, apes don't have to worry about their hair like the millions of humans who wear extensions and weaves and wigs and braids.  (I knew you'd be back.  Because I control your mind.)   LOL

ZZZZZZZ   What we know about you, sara,  is that, from the very beginning, old people have been your target, and it's obvious that this is because you have a negative history with snuff-dipping, wig-wearing, humpback, perverted old relatives. This is what you associate with old people and has had a lasting impact on you and influenced your being a homosexual, a term which you shun. You want to be called something else that has a more positive image because you are ashamed of what you are. You look down on others for no good reason, never having the integrity to appreciate the many people is this world who are nothing like the paragon that you imagine yourself to be, yet they have lived meaningful rewarding lives without all the mundane status symbols that you attach so much significance to. I'd rather spend an hour in the presence of a sincere, well-read, down-to-earth person like harry brown, than a minute anywhere near you and your phony obnoxious self. You are a priggish educated fool who has no depth. You are enamoured with Africa but when I refer to you as a monkey, you go ape-shit. LMAO 

But, wait. There's more. Your persona is erratic and infantile and your lying pathological.  Your are a duplicitous,  mentally-disturbed, mean drunk. You have a crush on Serena Williams and in your skewed mind, my casual  mention of her name is perceived as indication that I envy her.  You say I am anti-semitic, and I have never said one bad thing about Jewish people.  More reasons why you are certifiably crazy.  And you apparently lead a dull unfulfilling existence because you look to this board to provide you with something to do. All the things you say about my tame existence as an 82 year old, apply to you because, in the prime of your life, you have no life.  Poor ol sara.   tsk-tsk-tsk.   

Sara- "STFU, you nasty old beast!"

Cynique- "Your are a duplicitous, mentally-disturbed, mean drunk."

:P .....LOL.

Believe it or not, there are some crazy ass weird dudes who would actually pay GOOD money just to stand in between 2 angry women sweating and cussing at eachother.

Sara

What in my previous post led you to believe that? Where have I "condemned" homosexuality????

Nothing.  I've never heard you actually condemn homosexuality.
But concerning a discussion about Africa and the Middle East you started quoting the Bible and biblical scripture in this thread:

http://aalbc.com/tc/topic/3638-tyler-perrylast-hours-of-jesus-christ/

This led me to believe that perhaps you took a scriptural view on homosexuality, but if you're not a believer in the Bible then I stand corrected.

As for NO ancient cultures having a problem with homosexuality, i.e., ALL ancient cultures finding homosexuality natural and acceptable, I find that hard to believe.

I didn't say NO ancient culture had a problem with it.
I'm honestly not sure how most ancient cultures viewed it since most of what we know of ancient history has been filtered through Western academia.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Sara- "STFU, you nasty old beast!"

Cynique- "Your are a duplicitous, mentally-disturbed, mean drunk."

:P .....LOL.

Believe it or not, there are some crazy ass weird dudes who would actually pay GOOD money just to stand in between 2 angry women sweating and cussing at eachother.

That is funny, Pioneer.  Because for some reason, guys do like cat fights and female mud wrestling.  I was expecting some of the male posters or lurkers to jump in and request an end to all of this vulgar nonsense, but I guess people like it. Almost as hilarious as Donald Trump and Ted Cruz and their wife bashing.  No fools, no fun. :lol:

Cynique

That is funny, Pioneer. Because for some reason, guys do like cat fights and female mud wrestling.

Well, I can't speak for the other male posters but I do find women arguing with eachother somewhat attractive, especially when they start talking nasty or vulgar.
Not sure why.
I guess because you don't see it much as women tend to be more reserved with their aggresion.
But I don't like when women PHYSICALLY fight eachother at all.

I was expecting some of the male posters or lurkers to jump in and request an end to all of this vulgar nonsense, but I guess people like it. Almost as hilarious as Donald Trump and Ted Cruz and their wife bashing. No fools, no fun

Excellent observation.
I think my response to this deserves it's own thread as I'm sure it will raise more questions and commentary from others.....

Sara

So anyone who has ever QUOTED the bible in discussions about Africa and the so-called Middle East AUTOMATICALLY "condemns homosexuality?"

Yes!
That's correct!
That's exactly what I was TRYING to say but for some reason the words didn't come out....lol.

I'll tell you what I've discovered Sara....
If someone discusses Africa...no big deal.
If someone quotes the Bible...so what.
But if EVER the situation arises where I'm somewhere eating lunch and happen to catch someone at another table discussing Africa AND quoting the Bible during the same discussion little bells go off and the alarm is sounded:
THIS PERSON HATES THE HELL OUT OF HOMOSEXUALS!

It just occurred to me - your "assumption" that all Christians are homophobic:

The overwhelming majority of Americans are Christian. If your "assumption" is correct, how did LBGT rights and gay marriage (in some states) get passed?

Actually I don't believe all or even most Christians are homophobic because society today has forced people of all faiths to work and socialize with open homosexuals which usually helps to break down prejudices and social barriers.
But I do believe that most sincere Christians anti-homosexuality. 
How can they not be when homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible both Old and New Testament?

As far as "Christian America" promoting LBGT rights.....

Americans tend to be Christian NOMINALLY (in name only) ....but not practically.  Most don't observe all of the scriptures they claim to believe in.
The Bible quotes Jesus as saying to turn the other cheek and blesses are the peace-makers, yet "Christian America" has the world largest military and the right to bare weapons of death are guranteed in the very Constitution....lol.

Unlike Catholicism....the Protestant Christianity that dominates the American demographic allows you to believe in and engage in just about anything you want as long as you claim Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

BTW, in that same thread I mentioned, as I look back at it you also talked about the findings of paleontologists and aspects of evolution.  I must admit I didn't follow things too closely.

Sara

-So in your world, Assata Shakur hates homosexuals.... Uh, I don't know the woman, but I would never defame another so spuriously. Scheesh.....

Uhh...Sara...I was being facetious with my previous response.
Go back and re-read it CAREFULLY.

Thank you for telling me that..... nonsense.

I agree...
It DOESN'T make a lot of sense to me that people are allowed to commit nearly every heinous criminal act known to man (except for the one "unpardonable sin"), but as long as they profess who their lord and saviour is....they will be absolved of their sins.

But that's the basic foundation of Protestant theology.

When the majority of people in a society believe they can do what they want as long as they proclaim their faith in Christ, for them to accept homosexuality while at the same time believing it is a wicked abomination isn't TOO far fetched of an idea.