61st Day of #BlackHistoryMonth Bob Johnson, Tiger Woods, Oprah Winfrey, and Michael Jordan, pool resources in Support of Black Business

61st Day of #BlackHistoryMonth: 10 years ago today, April 1, 2006, Bob Johnson, Tiger Woods, Oprah Winfrey, and Michael Jordan, pool resources to create a fund to provide startup capital to support independent Black owned businesses.

bob-tiger-jordan-oprah.jpg

The worst part is people are going to share this as fact. These folks may have created jobs, but they have not created a VC... although if they did I wonder how the small businesses would be chosen for investment. I finally have my first telephone meeting with an investor set for next week. It's taken 6 years and I had to create the opportunity myself by doing cold calls to VC firms. While another sneaker company that hasn't ever sold anything and is basically selling a knock off Roshe rasied 2.7 million last month! Based on their use of wool as a fabric for uppers... crazy. Anyway, I'm sure someone has already shared this and I probably shouldn't have said anything on FB, smh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Troy said:

61st Day of #BlackHistoryMonth: 10 years ago today, April 1, 2006, Bob Johnson, Tiger Woods, Oprah Winfrey, and Michael Jordan, pool resources to create a fund to provide startup capital to support independent Black owned businesses.

bob-tiger-jordan-oprah.jpg

That's what I would call giving back to the black community,  but - 

I dunno Chris they could be sharing it as an April Fools joke.  I don't think there have been any comments though.  The giveaway should have been this is the first time I posted on Facebook, in a couple of years, where I did not have a link back to a website.

I wonder what would happen if people just started sharing false rumors on social media... nevermind that pretty much is what is happening now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Troy said:

dunno Chris they could be sharing it as an April Fools joke.  I don;t think have been any comment though.  The give away should have been this is the first time I posted on Facebook in a couple of years where I did not have a link back to a website.

I wonder what would happen if people just started sharing false rumors on social media... nevermind that pretty much is what is happening now.

Yes, thanks to the Republicans, lies are the new truth.  It's a very simple formula that works because people believe  whatever keeps them in their comfort zone. 

• Like 2

Well lying politicians are nothing new, we don't have any journalists you will or able to keep them in check.  They are too busy worrying about ratings, or traffic to care about providing a desperately need public service.

People are still sharing this post, I think some are just blindly sharing it and not even really thinking about it.  I mean I have posted something almost every day since February 1st; maybe this is just reflective sharing.