MONDAY, MONDAY...

Sob. :( On the brink of missing the the NBA playoffs for the first time since 2008, the injury-riddled Chicago Bulls, with inspired play from their "bench", defeated LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers, leaders of the Eastern Conference by a score of 105 to 102 on Saturday, creating an opportunity for the Bulls to snatch the last place spot on the playoff roster.  But alas, on Sunday the Indiana Pacers crushed these hopes by routing the Brooklyn Nets and by doing so, eliminated the Bulls' play-off bid.  And to add insult to injury,  Bull fans now have to contend with the prospect of the Golden State Warriors breaking the 72-game winning record held by the Bulls' 1995-96 championship team!  :angry:

And speaking of do-or-die contests, momentum is setting the pace of the presidential race.  A surging Bernie is on fire, and Ted has accelerated from Cruz control to full speed ahead.  If these 2 outsiders end up being their party nominees, voters will really have a choice to make. In a season of paradoxes, the losing candidates may have the most impact because their disgruntled supporters could determine the final outcome if they sit home and not vote, or vote for the enemy to spite the runner who defeated their candidate.  Making matters even more volatile is the possibility of the electoral college selecting a winner who has lost the popular vote.  With  "lies-trumping-the-truth" being the new name of the game, indications are that "ignoring-rules-and-disregarding-laws" could come into play next. After the election, will sanity and reason prevail? Or is this nation on a collision course with Anarchy? Will citizens revolt and America become a political battle ground where anything goes???  Even more important, will the Warriors  break the Bulls' record?   Or will the writers of "Game of Thrones" resurrect Jon Snow???  :o

Life is strife, full of conflict and competition, winners and losers. Peace, and harmony are just brief lulls before the long storms. Humans are their own worst enemy.  Not only are they destroying each other, they are destroying the planet. Is Doomsday inevitable? Will Mankind save itself?  :huh:  Or is this a job for Womankind. ;)

• Like 2

This is just great! The Bulls are suffering from the rumors of Jimmy Butler being Jordan's illegitimate son, and of course they couldn't stay healthy for one month... but that's not important considering the Memphis Grizzlies played 28 different players this season. The most of any season in NBA history and we still made the playoffs. I'm thinking getting rid of Thibs wasn't such a good idea. Watching Golden State is amazing. They just tied and they will certainly break the record of the Bulls 72-10 by defeating my Memphis Grizzlies! Talk about being connected! You're in Chi Town, my wife is from Vallejo (The Bay Area) and I'm from Memphis, coincidence? I think not.

I don't think Jon Snow is coming back, but I do think The Lanisters are going to kick some major ass this season after the walk of shame last year (which I watched with a keen interest ;-)

The election is going to be just as interesting as the Olympics this summer and will probably garner better ratings as these nominations are going to go down to the wire. 

Good post!

• Like 1

LOL I hadn't heard the rumor about Butler being Jordan's illegitimate son! I've been too distracted by his hair to scrutinize his face but now that you mention it...  And come to think of it, there has never been any mention made of Chicago-born DRose's father.  Could it be that he's Scottie Pippen's love child????

I don't know who his daddy is, but I do know Thibbs has to be laughing his ass off while collecting a paycheck  signed by Papa Jerry Reinsdorf.  The dream scenario for Bulls' fans would be to lure Glen "Doc" Rivers back home to Chicagoland to take over the floundering Bulls and restore their past glory. Golden state is a well-oiled machine but kinda boring to watch because they are so predictable.

Just another week before Game of Thrones returns to rival EMPIRE in family intrigue and recreational sex. I can hardly wait.

When it comes to the presidential race,  I can only wonder. 

• Like 1

LOL!!!!! D Rose would be a bit taller I'm sure. My wife has been questioning the new hair of the players in the league. I have been too, but my son is wearing his hair like that so I kind of just shoulder shrug. The Butler is Jordan's illegitimate son thing is gaining some traction too. The Bulls definitely suffered from the injury bug though. The Joakim Noah injury took their heart away. Chicago is such a great hoops city that I know it's frustrating to watch the team slide into the lottery, but it may be just what's needed. A solid high draft pick, trade Butler while he has value, get Gibson back and possibly trade Noah and let Gasol walk and the Bulls will be in rebuilding mode, but they have a lot of opportunity to change to Fred's system... which I don't think is gonna work, but hey what do you do?

I have the DVR set for GoT and Empire is getting shakier, but I am looking forward to the Luscious backstory. I'm also a big fan of the 30 minute sitcom Silicon Valley and Don Cheadle's House of Lies. Television has trumped movies for me and it's a great time to enjoy the medium. It is also the perfect break from business stuff.

• Like 1

I know basketball is a business but I'd hate to see Jimmy and Joakim Noah get traded. i don't think Rose would be missed if he was gone because there's now talk of Jimmy being converted to a point guard. Rose has become a liability who listens to his body as opposed to earning his salary.  A lot will be depend of the 2016 Draft  class. Teams get made-over in their coach's image, and the bland collegiate Hoiberg persona doesn't fare so well in the NBA. 

I'm looking forward to the recounting of the Anita Hill Clarence Thomas story which will be coming on HBO. Scandal's Kerry Washington has appropriately been cast as Anita. 

TV is my standby, too. Nowadays it offers a broad spectrum of viewing.  I don't care what people say about it, it's my window to the world.  

Well, the NBA  regular season is over.  Retiring Kobe Bryant went out in a blaze of glory, scoring 60 points in his final game, winding up a spectacular 20 year career, basking in the love and appreciation of his fans as they cheered him on.  Love him or hate him, he was a super star. 

I won't be sitting on the edge of my seat, biting my nails hoping the Bulls can pull off a victory with seconds left to play, pretty much what I've come to expect from a team noteworthy of fading in the 4th quarter. But, there's always next year.

Oh, yeah. I hear the Golden State Warriors and what's-his-name won their 73rd game by beating the Memphis Grizzles.<_<  How about that, Chris?

Hillary and Bernie face off tonight in a televised debate which promises to be intense. I can hardly wait for the media to tell me who won it.  

• Like 2

We got some Bernie flyers in the mail; addressed to my 24 year old daughter.  Nothing for me or my wife, i guess it is assumed we're voting for Hillary.  

It will be really interesting to see Bernie beat Hillary in the New York primary.  I'm sure he'll murder her in the debate :angry:

• Like 2

Last night was an incredible hoops night! I loved every minute of it and stayed up to watch flipping back and forth for both games. It was great to see the Kobe lovefest and that half assed defense the Jazz played... but it was a very cool gesture. He looked completely gassed and although i initially thought he would unretire to play in New York, I think after looking at his body language during that game it really is a wrap for the guy. Heck of a way to go out and possibly one of the best scripted games I've ever seen, wink wink.

My wife is from Vallejo so I slept with the pillow over my head because I was tired of hearing about 73 and Steph, and 73 and Green, and 73 and Klay, and 73 and the Bay Area, and 73 and the Grizzlies getting whooped. 

I think Bernie is going to drag the hall with Hillary. For her to lose her own state will be interesting, but it could still end up like Wisconsin. Could she still win the delegates again?

Television is soooooo good now. I prefer television to movies. We don't get much time to ourselves during the day, so when the kids finally go to bed, we watch as many shows from 10:30 to 12 as possible, lol. It's a great way to just veg out.

I watched the debate between Hillary and Bernie off and on and I don't think there was any clear cut winner.  Observing the body language of both candidates,  I  found it somewhat revealing.  Hillary is cool and unflappable; criticism rolls off her back.  Bernie is uptight and agitated and thin-skinned. IMO.  

I know polls are misleading and often wrong, but Clinton is leading in New York...

• Like 1