Temporary Truce

Cynique and Sara

How about you two agree to a temporary cease in hostilities?

Say...until the end of April?

It appears both of you find SOME interests in each other's posts, but because of the ongoing feud you probably feel akward trying to give ask a legitimate question or respond to something the other might have said that you find interesting.
So worried the other may see you as weak and caving in, you can't even make a serous observation without an insult to let them know it's still "on".

"Hey, that sure is a pretty dress.....for an ugly bitch like YOU to be wearing"

"Thanks ho.....yo daddy said yo fat ass mama didn't look good in it so he snatched it out the closet and gave it to ME last night."

This cease-fire doesn't make you friends.
Some things were said that probably will never be forgotten.
.....I know I won't forget some of them, lol.

It only eases the tension so you can relax and have an occasional exchange on a mutually interesting subject without feeling you have to defend yourself or go on the attack to save face.

Besides, a few weeks will give you enough time to think of some REALLY HORRIBLE shit to say to eachother when the ball drops.

• Like 1

Deluded as ever.  Really convinced that you are getting over, still in  a bulging-eyed, anxiety-ridden mode,  desperately hoping that "if I state something, maybe that will make it  true".  You are so simple-minded. And you're boring.  

SARA SARA SARA. VENOMOUS POISON but I have an antidote.  All I have to do is spit out that snot into the gutter from whence you came.  No class. you can take the bitch out of the street but you can't take the street out of the bitch.  You are a shallow wanna be and LIAR is your middle name.  You know this.  But you can't bring yourself to admit it.   

Well, Pioneer, did you happen to read what accompanied the emoticons?    You shake saran's hand.  Then take a bath.

Sara is no doubt  busy writing a response to my previous post, probably somewhere cherry picking and editing quotes in an effort to prove her lies.   I don't have time for this. Nothing she has to say is worth reading. 

Pioneer sits down with Cynique and Sara to work things out.
samuel_5696f6f562ed0_4083_ANGIESTONE4-81

Sara

Well I GUESS I could mind my own business but....

What if seeing my two sisters at peace with eachother is part of my business???

Hmmm????

Cynique

I don't have time for this.

I don't either.
I'm about to go to bed in a minute...(but not to sleep).....lol.

@TroyWell, you're in charge here.  All you had to do was say the word and I was done.  I thought you would do this because you previously said that the bickering discourages other people from posting and slows down traffic to this site.  I don't get the "hands off" approach. Unless you intervened,  nothing would change. Pioneer should've have to do your job. IMO

I'm ready to move on.  

@Cynique, technically I'm in charge, but practically speaking you all are in charge.  You all make the forum what it is, good, bad, or indifferent.  If I tried to orchestrate how the conversation went It would reflect my sensibilities and be boring.  Besides there are good things that can happen that I would never be able to plan.

But I do think the protracted back and forth clouds what otherwise might be an interesting conversations.  If I came through as a first time visitor I sure I would not wade through the name calling, and might even be taken aback by it.  But obviously I'm invested in keeping this whole thing going and I also know you and Sara are just playin' the dozens.  But again, I've been here long enough to know this.

The forum has been active since 1999.  It has evolved over time and has seen ups and downs.  Obviously, I'd rather have you and Sara here, than no one at all.  Lurkers are cool, but we need participants to make this thing work and to generate and guide the conversation. I simply don't have the knowledge and time to do this across the forums and in every conversation.

So carry on as you see fit :)

Troy

I'm sure you don't need ME defending you, but in your defense I would say that you've done your job by keeping the site up and keeping the trolls off (Don't post it Sara!...lol).
If I were a betting man, I'd wager you don't have the time or desire to hang around this site all day babysitting grown women obsessed with slinging shit at eachother.

Maybe you should invite both Cynique AND Sara to your presentation in Chicago next month.
Becaue if they BOTH agree to go...I know I'LL be there.....lol.

Cynique

I'm ready to move on.

Ahhhhh theeere we go!
That's what I expected from you and I wasn't disappointed.

Now, I suppose the conventional thing to tell  you is how pleased I am that you took the first step toward progress, but that would be slighly deceptive as truthfully whether or not you both make peace doesn't make THAT big of a difference to me and probably most of the other men on the site.

Both you and Sara are smart, opinionated, socially and politically conscious Black women (Well, Cynique I don't consider you really "Black" but....lol) whom I enjoy corresponding with.  And I know if this keeps up one of you will probably wander off and stay away which I really don't want.

Like I said, you don't have to be bosom buddies.....just an end to hostilities so that you can post questions and comments to eachother without fear of being attacked by the other.

Sara

Alright Sara, where you at Miss Lady?

Cynique has laid her gun down for a hot second. ((smile))

I know you've been peeping in from time to time.
Come on back in this room and do the RIGHT thang....lol.

Troy

Well I would be honored if Sara, Cynique attended the party I'm co-hosting in Chicago on May 11th, out 10th annual Black Pack Party.  If that got Pioneer out that is even better.

LOL.....
I was actually joking.

But since you invited them both you better HOPE they get it together before before coming to your event or you're going to NEED me to come.....as well as CD, Del, and nearly half of the Black men in America just to keep order.

They'll turn that mug from a Black Pack Party to a Worldstar Hiphop Auditioning ...lol.

But I don't think we have to worry about that, because I'm confident things WILL work themselves out in short order.
((smile))

@Sara, pray tell, what are you hoping to achieve with the incessant name calling and foul rants with Cynique?  

Pioneer now that is differently one way to obtain coverage from another Black website, for AALBC.com--a full on brawl during the group shot that is sure to work  

Cynique

I'd have to get one or both of my daughters to agree to accompany me to an event that takes place in the middle of the week.

Where you at.....I'll come and get you, LOL.

I HOPE you don't have a curfew.
Or a problem holding your liquor...lol.

PS. You can't STILL bring both of your daughters.

Sara

....alright now Sara, don't be difficult...lol.

Come on and do the right thing.

You'll feel MUCH better afterwards!

((audience))

See....I KNOW what they wanna do.
They wanna quiet down and slowly ease away from hostilities without giving a Black man credit for making the peace.

If I were a White dude trying to bring them to the table they'd be crying and hugging eachother and taking back everything nasty they ever said while kissing and slobbering all over me.

But that's OK......
Like Usher said, I'm still gonna tip my hat and pop that collar and keep working....lol.

LOL Talking to yourself, huh sara? It figures. Speaking of silly, how silly is it of you to think that an 82 year old widow would have a man in her life. something you never had yourself because no man wanted you. that's why you "ended up" with a woman.  

Sara

No need to post on this silly, (almost pathetically) childish thread

Now Sara....it's not nice to keep insulting my thread ((smile))

If this thread is childish, then you add some maturity to it by doing the grown up thing and making nice with your big sister Cynique.

Michael Jackson said go ahead....make that change!

Both Sara and Cynique

I'm a patient man...really...I am.

latest?cb=20110509162149

But everyone has their limits.....

Yall gonna make me put my grown-ass-man pants on in a minute and start STOMPIN' up in this mug!