NEW SHOW, GHOST BROTHERS

NEW SHOW  GHOST  BROTHERS,   BLACK MEN  INVESTIGATING   HAUNTED HOUSES    AND THE  PARANORMAL ACTIVITY,  MAYBE   THEY WILL CONTACT  DEAD SPIRITS  OR BE CHASED  OUT OF A HAUNTED   HOUSE.SHOW IS ON   DESTINATION CHANNEL/NEW MOVIE  ABOUT   SUPREME COURT      CLARENCE  THOMAS AND ANITA HILL  CALLED CONFIRMATION,  ALL THE     CLARENCE THOMAS  NOMINATION   ,ANITA HILL DRAMA. ANOTHER   MOVIE,MEET THE BLACKS, THIS AT THE  THEATERS ,MEET  THE BLACKS   ABOUT   A BLACK MAN   STEALS  MONEY   AND DRUGS   GOES TO   HIS FAMILY   AFFLUENT   COMMUNITY TO HIDE, A CRITIC .  SAYS,THIS  IS ONE OF THE    WORST    STORY, FILMS   TO BE ON  SCREEN /REALLY/SOUNDS LIKE IT///////

• Like 1

Well, I believe Marcus Garvey said he might "come back" as a whirlwind to inflict punishment on White America.

I never did care too much for Paul Mooney's work.
Too me, his jokes seem a bit dry and he looks too serious about his subjects to make a good joke out of them.

Lol...is it just me or does anyone else pick up a slight "gay vibe" from our brother Paul?

Troy

I didn't know he wrote for the Original Gangsta of comedy himself!

After I read that a couple days ago, I actually started doing a little research on Paul and listening to some of his skits....now I like the guy, lol.

I have to admit I hadn't really listened to his actual standup routine. What little I knew about him was from what I saw of him either doing an interview on CNN or on a talk show and his feminine demeanor and political commentary wasn't very appealing.

But the brother IS funny as hell doing stand up.

Sara

Paul's message was that ghosts didn't exist.
Do you?

• Like 1

On 4/13/2016 at 7:47 AM, Troy said:

Yeah Paul is rumored to be gay.  Who knows or for that matter cares.  I actually do think Paul is funny, but I guess it is a matter of taste. He wrote for Richard Pryor.

Paul was also a writer for "In Living Color" the wildly successful 1990's TV comedy series brainchild of Keenan Ivory Wayans.. 

• Like 1

I've been watching more and more of Paul's videos lately.
Homeboy sounds as gay as a rainbow, but he's bold and unapologetic in his delivery and very on point in his observations of racism in America.

I can't believe I'm just now tuning into this brother after all this time.

Troy

The show looks exceedingly stupid.

Lol @ "exceedingly" stupid........damn.

That sounds like a stupid that goes beyond the limits of typical stupidity.

Sara

I gave it credence until I saw and heard this video. I mean, I've NEVER heard any white person say the ghosts of slaves haunted them.... or their house. And like Paul says, if ghosts exist, the ghosts of slaves would fukk a hellava lot of white people up! So no, at this point in time, I call B.S. on "ghosts."

Oh come on now, don't tell me Paul Mooney has influenced your spirituality.....lol.

I actually believe a lot of slaves DID haunt their masters, and many even poisoned them and their families while they were alive...which was why Vodoun and other forms of African spirituality were outlawed for slaves to practice.

I'm not a "spiritologist" but based on my LIMITED understanding of the spiritual world, perhaps the answer to Paul's skepticism may have 2 heads:

1. The spirits of the dead actually DO often hang around and haunt the living they felt treated them with severe injustice. Talk to anyone who has been in combat and has killed many innocent people and most of them will tell you with certainty that they are HAUNTED by the spirits of those innocents they killed. That's where a lot of PTSD comes from.

2. Very few if any spirits hang around the Earth plane for hundreds of years. T'hey hang around for some period of time to comfort their family and loved ones (or haunt their enemies) and then they eventually move on to the "light" and transition to another realm.

Given those two reasons which is common knowledge to most people who are educated in spiritual things, there would be no reason to believe slaves who died hundreds of years ago would still be hanging around Earth just to play games with the great great great grandchildren of their former masters.

Sara

Where do you get these references from? My "spirituality?" What do ghosts have to do with spirituality???

Uhhhh...because it's commonly understood that ghosts are the spirits of the departed.

Voudun has nothing to do with ghosts haunting people! And flesh and blood people/slaves poisioning slavers has nothing to do with the topic.

Actually, both are related.

Vodoun and other African religions deal extensively with not only the spiritual well being of the individual while they are living, but also the state of their spirit/soul after they are physically dead.
Ancestor veneration and the constant sacrificing and pouring of libations to deceased relatives is testimony to this.

And slaves poisoning and putting "roots" on their masters was a way they got even with them before death just as haunting them would be a way of doing so after death.

What do these spirits do to the victims? Do they move furniture, go "booooo" in the night, what?

My understanding is that it's mostly on a psychological level......
They give them insomnia, depression, anxiety problems, nightmares, many even begin to hear the voices of thier victims and see visions of them coming at them at night.
They often have reoccurring nightmares  that force them to relive the same violent scenes over and over again.
Sometimes they might replace themselves with the murderer's OWN children or other loved one in the nightmare to make it even more disturbing.

Again, most combat veterans suffering from PTSD will tell you this

I must admit that I haven't seen a ghost personally (though I have had spiritual experiences), to say for sure that I KNOW they exist.  But I've known many credible people who say they have, so I can't easily dismiss the possiblity.

This is hilarious and perfect.  I think that Mooney is perfect as are all of the comments in regards to this topic. I think that all, to a degree are correct.  Ask Michael Jackson's accusers about Ghosts.   Speaking of the Archangel Michael, didn't he release a video called, Ghosts while alive?  and Thriller

On a second note, wouldn't you all argue that the ghost of slavery itself haunts America, even if actual slaves do not? 

Chasitie

On a second note, wouldn't you all argue that the ghost of slavery itself haunts America, even if actual slaves do not?

Certainly the LEGACY of slavery haunts the United States.
....and every other nation in this hemisphere that instituted slavery.

Not only do I believe individual people have souls, I also believe entire nations have a sort of "soul" or "spirit" or "mind" (whichever one chooses) that comes into existence with it. I guess it could be what Jung called the "collective unconscious".  And this pervades through out the history of that nation continuing to influence it and BE influenced by it.

As far as ghosts, spirits, or souls are concerned.  It I were a spirit, I seriously doubt I would give a crap about anyone who has done me wrong on this physical plain.  

I'd hope I've have better things to do in the spiritual realm...

I've read some beliefs that ghost are a "shell" of the deceased person's soul or their "astral body".
I'm not sure.

What I do believe....quite strongly....is that we have atleast a SOUL and a SPIRIT.

The spirit is the LIFE of a person that keeps them functioning.
The soul is the actual "self" or the essense that we speak of actually being us.

When a person is in a coma, their soul may be abscent from the body and travel to various locations but their "spirit" is still there keeping them alive.

Yoga and other forms of meditation focuses on separating the soul from the body in a healthy way.

Sara

I thought you said you didn't believe in ghosts.
Now you write a whole thesis about them....lol.

Sara and Troy

It I were a spirit, I seriously doubt I would give a crap about anyone who has done me wrong on this physical plain.

Personally, I believe that once you die, that's it. You don't hang around for there is no reason to do so.

So what do you two think about traditional African and Native American religions who believe in sacrificing to deceased loved ones believing that they are still near to them and can assist them?

This belief is actually found all over the world....not just Africa or the Americas.

I wouldn't call it "everybody" but that's a lot of people around a vast geographical area who never met eachother but seemed to have arrived at similar beliefs and have maintained them for thousands of years.

Sara

"I found definitions of both that I find plausible, to wit:

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_ghost_and_spirits "

Sad. Just sad.

Well, I can't say the person who extrapolated their definition of ghosts and spirits is WRONG.

We are human beings trying to use the very young and very limited English language to describe ANCIENT spititual concepts that often go beyond our underdstanding.

Spirit originally meant "breath" so because of this I choose to keep the world "spirit" associated with the life-force or chi...or the individual rather than their actual essence.