AND IT GOES LIKE THIS...

Just a final post to bid a farewell to The Board.  I'm retiring because I have honestly lost interest in the subjects being discussed here.  For over 60 years I've been there and heard that, and re-hashing  the same ol political and social issues no longer ignites my enthusiasm or inspires my optimism. C'est la Vie.  During whatever time I have left on this earth, I'm now more interested in fully immersing myself in spiritual introspection, pursuit of the truth, the nature of reality, the meaning of life, and whatever else that intrigues me. Or will I completely rule out  popping up on this site once in a while. 

I had a dream about PRINCE  last week.  And now he's gone. :(  A reminder that tomorrow is not promised, so why waste today?

So long to everybody, it's been fun and thanks for everything, Troy! :)

• Like 1

All good things come to an end...

Cynique, you've had an amazing run over the last 12 years; joining the forum in January of 2004.  I found your 2nd post, in a interesting conversation, back when we discussed books in a more substantive manner; with other regulars like of Thumper, Yukio, Soul Sisters, Book Girl, AKA Ivy Leaf and many others.

Of course the sheer number of your posts (16,997), and the quality of your contributions, are both prodigious and unlikely to be equaled.  I consider it my job to preserve what you have shared for as long as there is a world Wide Web.  It would bring me no more joy than to discover that one of your ancestors were brought closer to you by simply reading your commentary, musings and insights on historical events, pop culture, sports, black culture and more.  

I know I've enjoyed your editorial immensely.  i will continue to work to share it with a broader audience.  

...so while this chapter may be over it will live on in my heart and many others who have yet to discover you.

Peace and Love,
Troy

p.s. I know you will lurk from time to time Let us know how you are doing from time to time.

p.p.s. Please don't dream about me :o

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

LOL I know it goes against your true nature, but admit you're lying.  You got misled.  You know you peed on yourself, so excited over the idea that you wouldn't have to worry about me exposing  you as the one-dimensional  twit that you are.   I'm trying to stop the harassment but you're such a perfect target. There's so much about you to ridicule.  BTW, you urine was very foul smelling, Not surprising.

OMG! Tell me it ain't so Cynique! It would not be the same without you. Seriously. I remember those days when I first came to the forum. I came kinda late but it was so much fun back then. There was a very dynamic nature with the original board. I recall the epic battles you had with Kola. Oh yeah! And there were so many colorful characters, alliances, rivals and pyrotechnic debates and challenges. Damn! What happened to those days? When bro Troy converted the forum format -it was like someone pulled the plug! Done deal! Many of our dynamic and ridiculous comrades never embraced or adapted to the transition. I used to go back and review the archives Troy had established for nostalgia and recreation. TROY -WHY DID YOU ERASE IT?? Dang! It's all lost forever. And now one of the most prolific contributors and consistent writers is bailing out??? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Much to your dismay, the bitch is back.  You thought you had a shot at making your mark here once I left, so you rescinded your promise to exit when "Celestial Greatness" trashed you and your Seminole saga, leaving you and your paranoia to cry about Troy siccing people on you. You spineless asshole. 

Yes "The Lurker formerly known as Cynique" is still dropping in, and "the wannabe known as sara" is still skulking around, hoping and wishing...  LMAO.  

@Xeon, I had to stop using the other discussion forum software because it was just poorly suited to handle the onslaught of spammers, which is a constant problem. So I pulled the plug and prevented additional posts, but the discussion board archives will always remain, as long as energy, technology, and money allow.

That was over 6 years ago and the forum is still getting new accounts from spammers.  They can't do anything because, again, I've prevented new posts.  This forum has the same problems but the software is FAR better at dealing with spam, and trolls.

I also migrated the forum from thumperscorner.com to aalbc.com, which made maintance easier and was better for branding.

I think the software switch was only a small part of the problem Xeon; sure there was a learning curve, but Cynique managed, as have you.  In fact, most of the older posters created new accounts on this platform.  

In hindsight, I think the primary reason for the decrease in participation had to more to do with Kola Boof's participation and the rise of social media.

See while you and others enjoyed the "epic battles," between Cynique and Kola, too many others participants strongly disliked Kola and were put off . Thumper hated her.  In fact, I think Thumper held it against me for allowing Kola to even participate.  I also know others who stopped participating because of Kola.  To this day, I can not serve Google ads on the Thumpersconer.com domain because of posts Kola made.  Today neither Kola or Thumper posts here, but they both post on Facebook. 

The battles between Sara and Cynique have the same effect, anyone new coming here would, understandably, be put off by the exchanges between Cynique and Sara.  There exchanges hurt the forum because they are pointless and base; and muddle what would otherwise be decent conversations (this conversation is a perfect example).  The Kola and Cynique battles were more sophisticated and lurkers actually enjoyed them; this is not true for the Sara/Cynique exchanges.  If I had the time remove would prune some of their exchanges; which is saying a lot because I'm not inclined to control what anyone says.  

Social media allowed other frequent participants (many of whom are writers) to establish a presence and manage their own groups. I understand the motivation, but the problem with this tactic is that it this greatly weakens Black owned platforms; which in turn makes it ultimately harder for the writer, because there are fewer platforms available to publish their work.  This is one reason why I spend as much time, if not more, fighting for independent Black owned platforms including, newspapers, bookstores, other websites, magazines, etc.  We need indie Black owned platforms.

Meanwhile, the corporate social media entities are greatly strengthen and are now charging those writers for the ability to have their content seen by the audience they worked so hard to cultivate.  This is why I stopped putting content on social media and just post links...

Xeon, I know that is a roundabout way of answering your question, but I thought the additional insight would be of interest to you, other participants, and lurkers.  

Oh shut up, Sara. If only you could see yourself as others do. You're so deluded about your impact; nothing you ever had to say was witty.  It was just a bunch of repetitive drivel based on lies and your fixation on old women who dipped snuff.   Just to show how  little perception you have, Kola was not put on the defensive by me and  she kicked my ass a bunch of times during our exchanges because, unlike you, she was razor sharp. The fact that you think I'm a bully is a testament to your being a wimp.  It's pitiful that you're still orgasmic over sarafan because you're so needy for approval.  LMAO

I do agree, however,  that battles between me and Kola were not sophisticated.  They eventually got pretty down and dirty especially when she started to spam the board with obscene pictures, which at that time was unheard of.  She was very computer smart and apparently had a lot of technical tools at her disposal. She was the first person I knew to use photo shopping. Or was I the only one feuding with Kola.  She and Mzuri constantly went at it as did she and Shakespeare and others who would get into it with her from time. I also fell out with "a woman" and never got along with Carey but  adored the witty, mischievous, LambD.   The board was awash with a lot of warring factions and alliances. Kola even tried her best to generate a cyber romance with ABM who was an elusive prey.  Kola was a diva, a drama queen and there was something amusing about her antics.  I still regard her with a certain amount of affection.

I would further contend that this cat fight between me and the "little pussy" is not an aberration. The Republican candidate for the President of the United States, Donald Trump, is a regular tweeter on Twitter, always going at it with somebody, as are many other high-profile politicians, including Hillary Clinton. Feuds between celebrities are rampant on Twitter.  High school kids on FaceBook and Instagram  and SnapChat are meeting up to settle their differences with guns and knives. Perverts are cat fishing lonely people, murdering them or stealing their life savings.  Social Media is the enabler for all of this  because  it's extremely hard for people to ignore  what others are publicly trashing them about.  Plus, it's human nature to argue with those you disagree with when you have a public forum  to defend what you are passionate about. The slam fest going on here is a microcosm of what is going on all over The Internet.  I am not defending this insidious rivalry,  just pointing out that it is a sign of the times. 

What I still don't understand is why you, Troy, who are the Web Master, the Administrator, the owner of this domain, and apparently the victim  of a situation which you say discourages traffic to this site, would not step up and put an end to the bickering!  I've never understood your reluctance to do this. Or do I understand why people don't skip over what they don't want to read about on a thread.  

Cynique the operative word was "more," your battles with Kola tended to be "more sophisticated."  But OK maybe "sophisticated" is not the right, when you and Sara agree on something I better just conceed ;)

Cynique I thought I explained why don't delete your back and forth.  I'm not inclined to do it, because I don't want to censor people,  Even if I were inclined I don't really have the time to do it properly (with fairness, consistency, and expeditiously)

Skipping over parts of a conversation is not really easy--especially for someone new.  The nature of the conversation is sequential you have to read the conversation in sequence in order to best follow it, you can't know what to skip unless you've been reading for a while and know the personalities.  For example, once you and Sara start going back and forth I find it easiest to stop following the entire thread--unless someone other than you or Sara contribute. For example, I'd stopped reading the transgender conversation until I saw that Xeon contributed, which means that it would likely be something worth reading.

My question is; why do you and Sara bother attacking, or even defending an attack, from the other?  Why can't either of you simply ignore the other?  What is at stake? If only one of you ignored the other the whole back and forth would end immediately.  If the other wold just look silly if they continued.  If they continued  attacking unabated I actually would ban them in that case, for they would be a classic troll.  

But an even better question would be, why don't you two simply chose to be more tolerant of each other?  I don't expect a tearful kumbaya moment between sistahs at this point, but there is no reason I can think of you to to continue the personal attacks.

Because, Troy,  you were in a position to establish parameters; to do what people won't do for themselves.  As I said,  it's difficult, for instance, to ignore someone who constantly attempts to discredit the episodes you have shared from your past. I'm not so sure others would be impressed with my ignoring this, and they could even interpret it as an indication that sara's accusations were true, when they weren't. (I guess besmirching my recollections is an example of sara being a person of "ideas".  Just like she continuously hyped the idea that I never left the board, and then repeatedly posts the lyrics to "the bitch is back".  if "the bitch never left" as sara  crowed, why is she touting a song that says "the bitch is back"? Typical of how her discombobulated mind works.  But I digress.  LOL

What precipitates the dissension between sara and me is clearly a personality clash.  I am a contrarian and she is a pontificator.  And never the twain shall meet.  But out of respect to you, Troy, and because I'm bored with sara, I shall cease and desist.  Time to return to my mountain top  and contemplate the mysteries of the human psyche - until a subject that intrigues me comes up for discussion.  OHHHMMMMM. :o

10 hours ago, Cynique said:

Typical of how her discombobulated mind works.  

"Her" as in sara, "Discombobulated" an in pathological, deluded, egocentric liar".  SMH

Yes, Troy, I know I said I wouldn't be back - until an intriguing subject came up, and - sara's desperate attempt to sanitize her persona was intriguing beyond belief! Trying to save face, crafting a travesty of lies and distortions, in denial about how she appeared on this board throwing her weight around, bragging about her book, and her position, later getting caught in lies, and corrected for errors,demonstrating her ageism psychosis, talking out of both sides of her mouth in unsuccessful attempts to disprove my snippets of personal history, clinging to sarafan, the figment of her imagination.  I've never encountered such a devious, dishonest, disturbed creature.   She should donate her brain to science when she croaks because she's like a throw back to the Neanderthals to whom sneaky slyness was a defense mechanism.    

Well, Troy, we'll try it again - .  Help me,  Jesus. ;)

Cynique, thinking more about it. what I described as more "sophisticated" in your engagement with Kola could be the absence of hate.  I guess it is the hate filled exchanges between you and Sara that I find so unappealing, and frankly beneath you.  I don't say beneath Sara because I don't know her as well, and she has not given me any reason to think otherwise.

What I have noticed is that both of you must have the last word.  So Sara will reply to your last remark with a similarly childish remark, and it goes on ad infinitum...

I understand your unwillingness to let anything from Sara slide, but Sara's replies are not elevating my opinion of her in my eyes, and it is certainly not diminishing my opinion of you.  Now I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be willing to bet that would be the impression of anyone who has been lurking here more than a year.

Let put things in perspective: Sara has been posting here for all of 6 months and posts anonymously. Posters like her come and go.  You on the other hand, demonstrated your value to these forums more than a decade before Sara arrived. This forum is named in your honor.  You stand behind what you say, because you don't hide behind the cloak of anonymity.  

Why you bother concerning yourself with what some anonymous poster writes is a waste of time and mental energy. 

1 hour ago, Sara said:
3 hours ago, Cynique said:

You're absolutely right.  The bitch is going to chill.

This is very cool  and in keeping with the laid-backness of chilling, chuckling at a paranoid schizo like sara, thinking somebody is trying to "silence" her. LMAO.   

BABBLE ON.  

6 hours ago, Cynique said:

YADA, YADA, YADA, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.  Babble on, sara the drunken slut

BTW, sociopath sara, have you found out who your daughter's daddy is yet?  You know,  one of the ones who turned you into a homo 'ho. Check your brother's DNA LOL

12 hours ago, Cynique said:
  7 hours ago, Cynique said:
  8 hours ago, Cynique said:

YADA, YADA, YADA, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.  Babble on, sarass

Who's whining now?  When one is dealing with a treacherous creature like you, sarass, - an "educated" ignoramous  who attempts to aggrandize herself by lying about others, then one has to slap you down and remind you of how little you amount to. You try to dish it out, sarass, and then can't take it and your attempt to wrap yourself in legitimacy is ludicrous. LOL

So long to a loser who is completely out of touch with reality, trapped in a narrow little world of her own making where self-worship is the religion and duplicity a way of life.  Loser, indeed.    

“See while you and others enjoyed the "epic battles," between Cynique and Kola, too many others participants strongly disliked Kola and were put off . Thumper hated her.  In fact, I think Thumper held it against me for allowing Kola to even participate.  I also know others who stopped participating because of Kola.  To this day, I can not serve Google ads on the Thumpersconer.com domain because of posts Kola made.  Today neither Kola or Thumper posts here, but they both post on Facebook.

Thank you very much bro Troy for your thorough explanation. I was not aware of the issues you were battling with spammers nor the deleterious impact Kola was having on the board. I knew she was a lightning rod but she also had loyal disciples regurgitating and supporting anything she said. I could respect her fierce race pride and defense of black women but often times it was drowned in the bath tub by her ugly race baiting, vicious profane outbursts, continually posting silly pictures of herself, name calling and rabid racist attacks on anyone with a skin complexion lighter than hers. It was so sad and very revealing of a tormented psyche.

Thank you for archiving the old board. It’s fun (and ridiculous –I know!) to look back on what was happening in those days. There were many people consistently writing and popping in intermittingly, giving the board a robust plethora of socially aberrant subject matter and pyrotechnics.  Looking back in the archives brought back memories of so many posters. As I said previously, I came to the board late but I enjoyed every minute of it. I also wanted to thank you for your administrative hands off approach to heated controversy, vicious feuds and excessive fatuousness. I have always admired and respected your laissez faire approach. I do recall you doing it once (deleting posts and blocking the writer). I can’t recall her exact moniker (ebo girl or something like that) but she crossed the line with spamming the board with sexually graphic comments and images. She crossed the line and you had to deal with it. But I’ve always admired your restraint and tolerance for free speak whether you agreed with the writer or not.

Your approach and advocacy for free unfettered speech is unique bro Troy. TRUST ME! I have joined a number of Negro forums over the years and I have been banned from all of them! Was I using profanity? No. Was I making outrageous vicious Kola Boof style personal attacks? No. Posting offensive material? No. Threatening anyone with violence? No. So, what was the reason for my dismissal? Well, the readers of the board hysterically disagreed with my politics. They did not like the things I was saying even though everything I said was true! I even stated numerous times for the naysayers to point out an error or fabrication in my writing. Their response was simply, “..it’s not that you’re lying, it’s just the way you say it!” WTF? Am I not free to express my opinions in a manner that I believe to be accurate? I stated many times that I disagreed with their missives but I felt they had the right to express their opinions in any manner they chose. Even if that expression was a personal attack against me. And predictably, that’s what they did. They never addressed any of the points in my writing. It was nothing but histrionics and personal attacks –never a definitive or compelling rebuttal. And because of my refusal to parrot victimization, racial entitlement and haranguing  and demonization of non-blacks –I was dismissed. Anyway -you be the man Troy! Ha! Please continue your  philosophy of freedom of expression and personal opinions even if they may run contrary to yours.

• Like 3

@Xeon, that was very well put.  

A forum where everyone agreed with what I think would not be intellectually stimulating or very much fun.  

I fully appreciate many people do not like their ideas challenged.  Most avoid this like the plague, which is what makes Facebook so popular, their algorithm is designed to show readers information that supports their world view, because it pulls folks in, which is far more profitable that letting people freely express themselves.  

But social media has the impact of narrowing people's world views, giving them the false impression that their beliefs are universally shared or that dissenting views that slip in are aberrational.

I banned Igbo Girl because that poster was a troll Kola Boof was using.  Some poster recognized Igbo Girl was a Kola Boof sock puppet, because of the writing style. I was able to determine this because of the IP address used. I only ban trolls. But as you observed I rarely exercise this option.  

Unkle Ruckus, and Celestial-something were the last two banned, but they really deserved it :angry:  Sometimes trolls do not reveal themselves right away, so they can get away for while before banned, this is a consequence of allowing too much freedom.

Xeon if your participation here is any indication, I can't image why you would be banned on a discussion forum.  Contributions like yours are what enriches conversation--even through you are overly infatuated with the military ;) 

• Like 2

Funny words coming from someone who could be an "ad hominem" poster girl, someone who has a compulsion to debase old people, who cusses someone out for wounding her pride, and who belittles anyone who works for the post office, or who enlists in the service, or who  drops out of college, all the while claiming she loves black people. And sara's constant insecure boasting about besting others can only be described as the delusions of a person whose idea of outfoxing someone is to simply say that she has done so, desperately hoping somebody will believe her. The only thing that rings true in her self tribute is the comparing of herself to a Frankenstein monster being menaced by torch bearing villagers, - a liar whose pants they've set on fire.   

There the dummy goes, disobeying instruction by quoting from the previous post, apparently on the sauce again.  Too bad sarass didn't remain in her hole instead of slithering back on the scene, unable to stay away because she's so lonely and rejected and deserted.   

Reverse psychology aside, anything to send you slithering back to your hole. Hopefully you'll get through the night alone.  Try playing with yourself like you usually do, you psychopathic pervert.   LMAO.