What next???

I can’t believe what I‘m hearing on the news! It’s not bad enough that whooping cough and head lice have resurfaced, now bed bugs have made a come back, their infestation reaching epidemic proportions. “Good night, sleep tight,” has taken on a whole new meaning. Yikes!

Oh well, this is something to take my mind off Obama having to rely on the Republicans to get his bill for more billions to fund the war in Afghanistan after his fellow Democrats refused to support this folly. No wonder his hair is turning gray. Add to that the irritation caused by all the hoopla involved in keeping the details of Chelsea Clinton’s multi-million dollar wedding a secret, and my chagrin is complete.

Nothing left for me to do but go see “Inception” so I can pick up some new techniques on manipulating my dreams. I got a hankering to experience my carefree youth again.

I can’t believe what I‘m hearing on the news! It’s not bad enough that whooping cough and head lice have resurfaced, now bed bugs have made a come back, their infestation reaching epidemic proportions. “Good night, sleep tight,” has taken on a whole new meaning. Yikes!

(The U.S. is in Judgement Mode, just like Ancient Egypt.

First, the plagues. Then the deaths of the first born.

Get ready for it)

Chris, whenever people hit 50 they start talking about the world coming to the end -- soon. Whooping Cough and this other sicknesses that were eradicated are coming back 'cause there are enough now who believe the vaccinations are actually bad for you -- good night nurse!

Cynique, I would recommend you skip Inception. It was a plodding mess of a movie. Seek alternative ways to manipulate your dreams :-)

Chris, whenever people hit 50 they start talking about the world coming to the end -- soon. Whooping Cough and this other sicknesses that were eradicated are coming back 'cause there are enough now who believe the vaccinations are actually bad for you -- good night nurse!

Cynique, I would recommend you skip Inception. It was a plodding mess of a movie. Seek alternative ways to manipulate your dreams :-)

(If you would use that wonderful educated eyes to see and that sharp educated mind to analyze it you would validate all those who have conferred degrees on you would find that I was not talking about the End of the World.

Judgement does not mean the end of the world. It does mean discomfort, pain and even death for some.

Egypt, if you remember, did not end with the Judgment conferred upon it in the Book of Exodus. It went on to suffer many more famines, conquests and failures.

American educations are defective. Americans are unable to process anything but positive effects and success stemming from their efforts, hence they have no Plan B when things take a turn.

Withness, the Bush Administration.

Witness, the Obama Administration.

OK Chris, I thought you were talking about 'Judgment Day" after the 2nd coming of Christ. While you were not referring to this, many in your age group are...

In any case, the education system here in the US is not a complete loss. Until I start seeing foreign students staying local and our best American students going abroad, I have to assume our higher educational systems are still world class(for those willing to fork over the cash).

I'd also have to assume the same for our private, parochial schools, and public school in affluent communities. I bet, for the majority of the middle class, (the majority of people), the educational system is doing just fine.

Now the system for our inner city youth it is a dismal failure, but to say American educations, as a whole, are defective is an exaggeration -- particularly when you compare the resulting standard of living of this system's beneficiaries.