Are Self-Help Sellers Similar to Weight Loss Pushers

Am I the only one who gets frustrated at the hype modern day hustlers are selling. The infamous link that goes nowhere, but to a coaching website or video infomercial where they allure unexpecting consumers into buying a product that will not solve their problems. As a society, are we so desperate for, and obsessed with perfection that we think it is attainable? The beauty of life is its imperfections, it ups and downs. The adage that implies that the best things in life are free - is correct. Money cannot buy love, peace, happiness, contentment, health, and well-being. Money can buy stuff, but material gain can be fleeting.  Weight loss gimmicks are another one of the biggest rip-offs of this decade. If we want to help ourselves, to obtain more positive results, we must take ownership of our behaviors, lifestyles, and decisions. Be a creator, not an imitator. 

• Like 2

No.  These things have become the bane f the internet. I regularly have to remove these links from my website.

This tactic works; it is cheap and easy to execute on a large scale so finding victims is easy.  Plus there is no penalty for getting caught, so the practice will continue.  I believe this type of thing will increase as these hustlers get even better and we will become easier marks.

So keep spreading your message, maybe you will help someone.  It is much better to say something than nothing at all.

• Like 3

This is the worst part about the self help thing, if you ask them what they have really accomplished they can't tell you. If they have accomplished something, it was because they aligned themselves with people you and I will almost never get a chance to meet. It's a false sense of hope that sells the product and the product is the same repetition of the same tired motivational speeches. It's frustrating when you can really help people, and answer questions and give valuable advice, but you can hardly be heard over all of the bluster and noise.

• Like 1

CD Burns, You are absolutely correct. The voices of those who would leave a positive imprint are muffled out by the rhetoric of the wolves who could care less about your physical, mental, or social well-being. Those of us who do care, and want to effect a change in the lives of people have to speak louder and longer. As a poet and author, my Purple Promise to my audience is: Purpose Unleashed Renews Promises' Lasting Effects. Meaning: Determination and tenacity, when given a free rein, reintroduces possibilities and potential with lifelong results. Our leaders are too busy trying to build a following versus trying to build people's lives.

• Like 1

The unfortunate situation is traffic. In order to establish an audience outside of your circle it takes a hell of a lot of luck to do so without getting an incredible endorser. Even with an endorser, the promotion by the person who is profiling you has to be consistent and continuous. The only option is to dig in and stay prepared for a long war in attempting to reach the people. Your value is not in your content, but in the perception of who you are which sucks.