Hopeful book review/exposure.

Guest Ralph Jennings Jr.

Guest Ralph Jennings Jr.

My name is Ralph Jennings Jr. and I recently published my first work, entitled 22. It was published in April 10th, 2016. It's available online here, https://www.createspace.com/6025042 I also have physical copies to provide to those interested. 

Short, but to the point, the work 22 is my point of views about the world today. Just think about it, I, like many others are stuck between millennials and generation Z. I'm also a black American, from the southern region of USA, that's not impressed by following a crowd, but still knows love has to be the answer. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1523700262

...above is a link to its placement on Amazon, with a preview. Although I'd prefer purchase from the create space site, cheaper for all. 

ISBN/EAN13:

1523700262 / 9781523700264

Hi Ralph, thanks for sharing your new book with us.  

I will take the liberty of sharing a couple of things that I know will help you"

First, At the risk of sounding like a broken record to frequent visitors here, never link to Amazon with using and affiliate code.  You are just leaving money on the table.  Read this article for more insight.

Second, putting on my bookseller's hat: I read the information here and on the Amazon and createspace sites.  You have to give us more information about the book to entice us to want to buy and read it.  When I say "us" I mean the potential readers.  

Consider your target audience and how the book will appeal to them.  For example, from the perspective of someone on the tail end of the baby boomer generation, when you write, as a 22-year-old person, "... my point of views about the world today." you really have to do some selling because your perspective is that of someone who is really young and hasn't actually lived life yet.  

This is not to say that it is impossible to appeal to an older demo, but you are gonna have to tell us what that appeal is; do you seen where I'm coming from?

2 hours ago, Troy said:

Hi Ralph, thanks for sharing your new book with us.  

I will take the liberty of sharing a couple of things that I know will help you"

First, At the risk of sounding like a broken record to frequent visitors here, never link to Amazon with using and affiliate code.  You are just leaving money on the table.  Read this article for more insight.

Second, putting on my bookseller's hat: I read the information here and on the Amazon and createspace sites.  You have to give us more information about the book to entice us to want to buy and read it.  When I say "us" I mean the potential readers.  

Consider your target audience and how the book will appeal to them.  For example, from the perspective of someone on the tail end of the baby boomer generation, when you write, as a 22-year-old person, "... my point of views about the world today." you really have to do some selling because your perspective is that of someone who is really young and hasn't actually lived life yet.  

This is not to say that it is impossible to appeal to an older demo, but you are gonna have to tell us what that appeal is; do you seen where I'm coming from?

I had no idea about the affiliate code, noted, and I'll change that. I also see your point of view with appealing to any audience let alone my target audience. Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to work on that as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

@Ralph, most authors don't know about the affiliate code. I rarely see an author use one.  Again it is leaving money on the table.  

Some authors actually use my affiliate code, just as a way to support the site--a percentage of their amazon sales goes to AALBC.com and it cost the author and the reader nothing... Now that I think about it I'm going to make an appeal in my next enewsletter that authors, interested in supporting AALBC.com use our affiliate code. I'm not sure how many authors will do it, but when you are selling book every penny matters.

As soon as you as you define the demo and create a compelling appeal, I'll definitely consider reviewing the book.

• Like 1