New Movie Version,Roots,Alex Haley"s Classic

A New Movie Version Of Alex Haley"s Classic Roots Will Be On I Think Memorial Day Check To See.Some Movies Do Not Need To Be Made Again.It Might Be Alright.As  Some Of White America  Wants Hitler Trump To Be President.Donald Trump Supports The Kurdish Klux KlAn And Neo Nazi Supporting Him .At A Trump KlAn Rally A White Man Told A Black Woman To Go Back To Africa.Saw On The News Few Months Ago.Neo Nazi Are In Police Uniform,U.S. Military And In Politics,And Black People Concerned About Isis.Last Year Charleston Church Terrorist Murderer Wanted To Start A Race War.A White National Guard Soldier In Florida,A Neo Nazi Was Training Neo Nazi For The Coming Race War.

I agree; with so many other untold stories, this one did not need to be made again.  Especially given the plagiarism in the original story.  I guess a new generation of viewers might be "entertained" by this newer version.

The only question I have is.....
Will there be any NUDITY in this series????

This is why since a kid even to this day Shaka Zulu is STILL one of my favorite t.v. movies.
Never had I seen so many naked Black women on television in my young life, lol.

Sara

And I agree, no need for a remake.... of another "the history of black people in the U.S. is limited to slavery" movie.

I hear you,
I think the story of the Black holocaust needs to be told so that no generation ever forgets it.
But I really do get tired of constantly seeing our people portrayed as slaves and criminals  living on the bottom of Western Civilization.

I'd like to see more Black directors come out with movies that glorify our past BEFORE the Transatlantic Slave Trade.

How about a movie on the Moorish Civilization?

Or on Timbuktu?

I want to see beautiful Black woman and tall Black men gliding around in silk robes and gold chains making love to eachother
and eating good food.

a-taste-of-ancient-africa-south-of-egypt

If they can't find history of us doing this....hell....MAKE IT UP !
Like they do with the Game of Thrones.

At this point, I'd settle for a sci-fi picture of African glory than to continue seeing movies portraying dumb-ass greasy negroes shuffling around grunting and getting whipped.

I saw more topless Black women in the first 15 minutes of Shaka Zulu than I saw in the ENTIRE Coming to America movie!

They rarely show it on television today.
And when they do they seem to edit much of it out.
I remember when Shaka Zulu would come on it took 5 nights for them to conclude the series.

Ofcourse this was back in the day when only WHITE breast were banned on television.
All others were acceptable.

I remember watching PBS and they thought nothing of showing naked tribal women from Africa and South America with no censoring what so ever.
I remember asking as a kid about those little patches below their navel...lol.

Almost every night you could find Ethiopian women sitting in the middle of the desert breastfeeding their babies and swatting the flies away while Sally Struthers is walking around in Khakis begging the public for money to help them.

Back then it was considered natural that Black and Brown breasts should be exposed for the world to see.
Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake were just a little too late with their Superbowl stunt.

Until Playboy came along, National Geographic Magazine filled the void with pictures of bare-chested African women always gracing their pages.

Are you, like Chris Burns and me, a "Game of Thrones" fan? There's plenty of what you're looking for in this series. 

No, I'm not big on Game of Thrones

I put it in the same category as the movie that came out a few years ago "300".

I'm not the type of person who sees a conspiracy around every corner but I see it as a tool of White Supremacy.

It seems to do a lot of embellishing on medival European culture making it seem more technologically and socially advanced than it really was.
And it features far too many supermodel looking naked White women and unnaturally virile White men for me to be entertained by it.

It's entertaining to me because it's good escapism.   It's also about the eternal quest for power and man's inhumanity to man.  It's well-produced, has intelligent dialogue and not that different from the TV series Empire. 

I'm a fan of Game of Thrones.  It is interesting that Cynique compared Game it to Empire.  If you replaced all of the characters in Game with Black folks, I seriously doubt that i would watch it--probably for the same reason I don't watch Empire now.  I simply would not want to see Black people engaged in so much evil behavior. Now if we were in a world where Black folks were portrayed in a full variety of experiences across a multitude of shows, I might be able to handle a Black Game of Thrones. But at this point of my life I rather do without seeing Black folks in the media, if we are only portrayed negatively.  

I guess this is why I'm not at all excited of seeing this Roots reboot.

Image a glorious and uplifting film extolling the virtues of Mansa Musa.  Now that film I can get excited about.

Sara your claim that everything in Haley's book was "original," save on paragraph is simply false.  Not only that much of the genealogical information presented as truth was pure fiction.  This is a matter of public record, so I'm not going to debate with you about it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

It seems to do a lot of embellishing on medival European culture making it seem more technologically and socially advanced than it really was.
And it features far too many supermodel looking naked White women and unnaturally virile White men for me to be entertained by it.

You obviously don't watch Game of Thrones. The only advanced weapons on it are fire breathing dragons.  And there is no attempt to hide how barbaric European-like people were back then.  

The series is based upon myth; kinda like the history of all cultures. 

It's obvious to people who stay on point that there's a difference between plagiarism,  and fiction being passed off as fact.  Alex, himself, admitted that he was simply trying to provide black people with folk lore, so a lot of things in Roots were made up.

I've seen it a few times.
Game of Thrones isn't a bad show, it's well scripted and I enjoy the nudity it features...lol.

But like said before, in my opinion it's just another advertisement for White Supremacy.

Over the past decade I've seen a huge surge of these "mythological European past" shows like Lord of the Rings and Hunger Games popping up all over the big screen that seems to take the dark old days of Western Civilization and promote them as some sort of exciting adventurous time for which the White population should be nostalgic for.
Where the men were "men" and the women were "naked and blond".

Kind of like the obsession many Whites had a while back for the 50s and how they used to push the 50s music and cultural themes.

It's as if the present world where Whites are forced to live and work around Blacks and other people of color and treat us as equals is so intolerable to them that they need some form of ESCAPISM to take them back to the "good old days" where you almost never saw any Black people....lol.
These mythological past movies seem to do the trick.
Most of the White women in them are super-model beauties and most of the White men are well-built super heroes.

When I look at shows like this and the Lord of the Rings series, I really see it as a way Hollywood gets to feature movies with all or mostly White casts and justify it by claiming historical accuracy as an excuse for their lack of diversity.

Sara

The richest man who ever lived was Mansa Musa of Mali in the 14th century who founded Timbuktu which National Geographic described as the "Paris of the Medieval World": In the fifteenth century in Timbuktu the mathematicians knew about the rotation of the planets, knew about the details of the eclipse, they knew things which we had to wait for 150 almost 200 years to know in Europe when Galileo and Copernicus came up with these same calculations and were given a very hard time for it.

Much of that knoweldge probably was in existence BEFORE Timbuktu was built by King Mansa.
Africans probably knew more about science and astronomy BEFORE the invasion of the Arabs than afterward.

Mansa Musa had a brother Abubakari  whom he financed who sailed over to and explore the Americans CENTURIES before Columbus.

I believe all those Olmec Heads they found in Mexico belonged to Abubakari and his crew.

olmecheader.jpg?itok=tNwFZ6S4

"In the fifteenth century in Timbuktu the mathematicians knew about the rotation of the planets, knew about the details of the eclipse, they knew things which we had to wait for 150 almost 200 years to know in Europe when Galileo and Copernicus came up with these same calculations and were given a very hard time for it."

Oh really? Hmmmm....That's interesting. If they were so scientifically advanced and superior -then how did they the descend into the most technically backward and dependent people in the world? If it took the Europeans hundreds of years to catch up to their advanced civilization -why are they so technically under-developed and destitute now? How did that happen? Just curious......

Actually, I believe that the introduction and acceptance of non-African scientific theory and religious dogma contributed to the degeneration of sub-Saharan African culture.

Can I prove it? No.
Who CAN prove ancient history

But just as one particular CULTURE of bacteria can change SWEET CREAM into SOUR CREAM or spoil it all together....I believe practicing a foreign CULTURE can take an advanced African people and turn them into self-destructive scientifically backward barbarians.

For example if the Dogon people of Mali had a science that promoted astronomy, particular herbs for healing, and had ways of communicating with the spiritual realm that effectively solved their problems.... but adopted a Christian or Islamic culture that told them all of these things were either wrong and/or of the "devil" and then began practicing ritualized prayer and quotations from "holy scripture" to solve their problems.
- that would collapse their society very quickly.

Infact, just adopting a FAMILY STRUCTURE that is foreign to your people and goes against their very genetic make-up can prove disasterous.

For centuries most  African family structures were based on a type of polygamy that allowed men to have as many wives as they could AFFORD.  But marriage wasn't required, nor was their a limit on the number of wives a man could have.
The higher his status, the more wives he had....and he could take care of them and his children because his high status allowed him to afford it.  Men who couldn't afford wives had to pay local/village prostitutes for sex.

Now replace that with an religion that:
a ) REQUIRED a man to get married whether he could afford to or not and 
b ) Limited him to only one (or in the case of Muslims 4) wife.

Now this causes turmoil and social instability in a number of ways:

1.Some men have very high sex drives but because they are limited to only one wife they begin to cheat with other women married and unmarried producing "outside" children in dysfunctional families.

2. Children who grow up as "outside" or "illegitimate" feel unwanted and are often ostracized by the community.
3.Some men have plenty of money and married but are actively PURSUED by other women in the community who are single and need a man to provide for them which produces conflict between his wife and the other women.
4. Men who don't want to get married or aren't financially able to take care of a wife are forced to anyway by religious obligation and when they can no longer support their wives and children they often abandon them make more dysfunctional families.

Now imagine the impact on society that will come from so many "illegitimate" children growing up in dysfunctional families!

-Increased aggression from the anger of being thought of as "unwanted" growing up
-Not being able to hold certain positions in government because of one's family status
-Continuing the cycle of out of wedlock births

Can you now see how just this one factor of adopting a foreign practice can lead to chaos and the eventual collapse of your society and send you into a state of backwardness?

And the family structure is just ONE aspect of a culture, imagine what the outcome would be when the ENTIRE culture (diet, language, morality, ect....) is replaced by a foreign one as has been the case through out much of Africa.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1, your reasoning is predicated on some questionable assumptions, one of which being a family structure based upon genetic makeup as a differentiating factor between Black and white people.  Given the fact that there is no such thing as race the whole premise is flawed.

Even if we were to buy into the assumptions (which I don't) the conclusion don't follow.  For example;  

"Some men have very high sex drives but because they are limited to only one wife they begin to cheat with other women married and unmarried producing "outside" children in dysfunctional families"

This assumes that men are like animals and unable to exert any influence over their own behavior. It also assume that the only way to relieve this urge is to impregnate another woman and that that woman brings the child to term.  What happened to masturbation, prostitution, or just using a damn condom?  The results you describe, simply don't natural flow as you've described. 

Does this mean that the situation you've described don't happen?  No, of course not for these situations clearly do happen, it is the causes, as outlined that, I disagree with.  Though I'm probably with you on the religious dogma part for that has wrecked havoc over the last 2,000 years.

@Xeon, I watched a lecture, just the other day, given by Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, in which a Black woman asked him a question about the African origins of mathematics.  Neil responded by saying that he was not aware of that, and more on to the next question.  I was taken aback by his reaction, because he dismissed it without even considering it.  I know Tyson's biggest hero is Issac Newton, someone he argues is perhaps the most brilliant person to ever live, inventing calculus to use as a tool to predict the motion of planets among other things.

I say this because I thought it was common knowledge that much of what europe knows, about mathematics, religion, science, was built upon information obtained from Africa.  Galileo was persecuted for relating information about the how are solar system was oriented--information that was known and recorded hundreds of years before by Africans. Europeans believe the earth was flat when Africans had already circumnavigated the world.  But the specific of Calculus I do not recall reading about.  Tyson should have asked her the motivation behind her question.  But Tyson would never be confused with being an afro-centrist, so I'm sure he did not care.

I would encourage you to read some of the titles on the Ben-Jochannan, Clarke & Van Sertima’s Reading Lists which help you understand why Africa has degenerated to the state you see it today.  

• Like 1

Sara (everyone) click the link and check out the actual lists. The lists were created by Dr.'s Ben-Jochannan, Clarke & Van Sertima; I simply compiled and shared them. 

The Destruction of Black Civilization by Dr. Chancellor Williams is included on Dr. Ben-Jochannan's recommended reading list.

• Like 1

Troy & Sara

I would encourage you to read some of the titles on the Ben-Jochannan, Clarke & Van Sertima’s Reading Lists which help you understand why Africa has degenerated to the state you see it today.

I would add to Troy's excellent list, "The Destruction of Black Civilization" by Dr. Chancellor Williams. In fact, I would suggest it be the FIRST book read.

EXCELLENT RECOMMENDATIONS!
Especially Chancellor Williams.

I remember as a teenager spending hours in the Shrine of The Black Madonna bookstore in Detroit reading books by those authors.
Books like:

Destruction of Black Civilization
They Came Before Columbus
The African Origins of Civilization

Troy

@Pioneer1, your reasoning is predicated on some questionable assumptions, one of which being a family structure based upon genetic makeup as a differentiating factor between Black and white people. Given the fact that there is no such thing as race the whole premise is flawed.

Even if we were to buy into the assumptions (which I don't) the conclusion don't follow. For example;

"Some men have very high sex drives but because they are limited to only one wife they begin to cheat with other women married and unmarried producing "outside" children in dysfunctional families"

This assumes that men are like animals and unable to exert any influence over their own behavior. It also assume that the only way to relieve this urge is to impregnate another woman and that that woman brings the child to term. What happened to masturbation, prostitution, or just using a damn condom? The results you describe, simply don't natural flow as you've described.

Well number one...
The idea that there is no such thing such as race is a flawed theory in and of itself.....lol.
It's like saying there is no such thing as sex when the difference between males and females are self evident.
The CLASSIFICATION of "race" may be questioned, but the fact that racial differences exist is beyond any reasonable doubt.

Number two......
We know that CULTURE is in part influenced by one's GENETICS.

Races who have more tastebuds to taste with tend to produce foods with more spices and more flavor.
Races who have more rods in their eyes allowing them to see more colors tend to produce more colorful clothes.

The men of polygamous societies tend to have a higher testosterone rate (thus a higher sex drive) than men of more monogamous societies.
It's scientifically proven across the globe that Black and Arab men (and women) on average have a higher testosterone rate than Northern European and East Asian men (and women).
And their respective cultures reflect this as Northern European and East Asian cultures have been predominately monogamous through out history....most African and Arab cultures tend to be predominately polygamous either inside or outside the boundaries of marriage.

Infact, even the Catholic Church recognizes this difference which is why they had to make an exception and allow priests in Africa to get married or keep their wives.

It's not a matter of self control.
It's a matter of allowing people to be who THEY are instead of demanding they live by standards established by those who have a different nature than then.
As long as Africans in Africa OR the Americas insist on living by Northern European social standards they will continue to suffer from social and family problems as most of those standards go against our very genetic make-up.

Rather than asking one group of men to control themselves in a sexually repressive society, why not flip it and demand that the other group be MORE SENSUAL and in accord with the dominant human nature?

Sara

Please give a source for the above contention. I've done a search and can find nothing that says the Pope gives a special dispensation to African continental priests to marry and have children. Thanx.

The source is ANECDOTAL information that I've heard from numerous Nigerians, Ghanaians and other Catholic Africans over the years.

Since you put me to the test I went to do a quick research on it myself and the only information I found showed that Catholic priests in Africa and Latin America that OFFICIALLY got married had to leave the church and start their own sect and now the Catholic church is considering allowing it.

Perhaps the many Africans who told me this meant that the priests were married clandestinely instead of out in the open.
They didn't mention anything about having children.

"How odd. You've never heard of the rape and depopulation of Africa.... where Timbuktu is located. Try googling the Atlantic Slave Trade.

Btw, who said the people in Mali were "the most technically backward and dependent people IN THE WORLD?" Just curious...."

Well, tell ya what...why don't you give me the name of one black African country in 2016, that leads the world in technological, medical and scientific development. Give me the name of one black African nation that is a global leader in engineering, economics, agriculture and education. How many black African nations are totally and completely free of technological assistance, infrastructure development and economic assistance from China, Europe or the US?  And when you finish that list, give me another list of "non-Negro nations" and governments that are dependent on "black African countries" for technological advisors and developers. I'll wait.....

Sara

As for 'clandestine' marriages - but MOSTLY illegitimate children - of Roman Catholic priests, that's an open secret. And it occurs on every continent in the world.

Ofcourse promiscuity, cheating, and out of wedlock children occur all over the globe among all cultures and races.   I'm in no way saying those are Black issues.

However given our sensual nature that I believe is due in large part to our genetics/natural gifts, we need a culture that SUPPORS our heightened sexual activity...not one that represses it.

We need a social and moral infrastructure that supports our strong sexual nature.
-Extended families to take care of the many children
-Effective birth control options for those who want to engage without children
-Kama Sutra type philosophies to promote better and healthier sexual activity

.....adopting the sexually repressive moral customs of hypo-sexed outsiders  has and will continue to spell disaster for us because it was designed by and for people lacking sensuality to begin with and those are the only type of people it would work for.

Sara

I wasn't talking about black people. I was referring to Roman Catholic priests of all races, some of whom it is an "open secret" have sexual relations with women out of which are produced illegitimate children.

I know you weren't just talking about Black priests.
I figured you were making a point that sexual indiscretion happens among all races of priest and not just Black.

Not only was I agreeing with you but also added that I didn't see them as problems pertaining ONLY to Black people incase you felt that this was what I was implying.

• Like 1

@Xeon, No I can't think of a single Black run country, in 2016, that meets the criteria you've described.  But as we've pointed out this has not always been the case, indeed for most of human history this was not the case. I thought you are refereeing to ancient civilizations not the present day.  

Of you appreciate the weakness of Black countries has little to do the with the people.  Despite independence (a relatively recent thing), these countries are still being exploited by other nations.  Sure Mandela was released from prison and became the President of South Africa, but who continues to owns the land? I strongly recommend that you read Walter Rodney's How Europe Underdeveloped Africa.  That book makes it easy to understand the state of present day Africa.

@Pioneer1If you are not clear to the lack of a genetic basis for race, then you are apt to draw the conclusions that you have.  I won't debate facts with you once they have been presented.  But I'd encourage you can to research genetics and race.

Culture has nothing to do with genetics.  Sure people of the same culture often share the same phenotype, but this is a consequence, of not, the cause of the culture.  I've met white people who I did not realize were "white," (as you define white) because they shared my culture (music, religion, cuisine, background, etc). I'm sure you have met people like this too.  if not, perhaps you have met Black people you felt were "acting" white.  Maybe you called them an "oreo." This is simply a Black people who is culturally white--despite their skin color.

I'm glad Sara corrected you on the polygamous catholic priests, on it's face that did not sound right, and I'm glad you conceded the point :-)

As for testosterone levels, sex drive and skin color (what you call race), I have no idea what the connections are, but I strongly doubt the connections are as cut and dried as you suggest.  For each anecdote you cite I can think of many others that go counter.  Women can be promiscuous too and have high sex drives, but they will still have lower levels of testosterone than a normal man.  Body builders take hormones, including testosterone, and generally end up reducing their sexual performance to the point of impotence.

But to your point about sexual repression: Pioneer on some level I agree with you.  The whole idea about waiting until marriage to have sex and staying with that same partner for life seems crazy.  Virtually no one does this and those who try invariable fail, or are miserable, or have missed out on one of life's joys, but...

When you write something like this;

"Rather than asking one group of men to control themselves in a sexually repressive society, why not flip it and demand that the other group be MORE SENSUAL and in accord with the dominant human nature?"

What you are revealing, perhaps without realizing, it is the fact that we will in a male dominated culture. You talk about men marrying multiple women, and the sex droves of men from various cultures. Your solution and much of what you wrote fail to consider fully 1/2 the population--the women.  

Are you just as open that a bunch of other dudes bringing your woman to climax anytime she has the desire. Maybe your girl likes to have three other dudes up in her at the same time, raw. I dunno, but somehow I suspect your desire to eliminate sexual repression is not boundless.  But I could be wrong let me know how you feel about this and we can continue the discussion 

Troy

If you are not clear to the lack of a genetic basis for race, then you are apt to draw the conclusions that you have. I won't debate facts with you once they have been presented. But I'd encourage you can to research genetics and race.

Race is just as much PHENOTYPE as it is genetics.
I don't care about a person's ancestral claim (unless they're applying for Reparations...lol), as far as I'm concerned if you look White you are White as this society has most likely TREATED you White anyway.

Culture has nothing to do with genetics. Sure people of the same culture often share the same phenotype, but this is a consequence, of not, the cause of the culture. I've met white people who I did not realize were "white," (as you define white) because they shared my culture (music, religion, cuisine, background, etc). I'm sure you have met people like this too. if not, perhaps you have met Black people you felt were "acting" white. Maybe you called them an "oreo." This is simply a Black people who is culturally white--despite their skin color.

Usually when you find a culture where people of different phenotypes observing it together, it was as a result of one RACE (phenotypical) conquering and subjegating another RACE (phenotypical) and forcing them to either modify important aspects of thier culture (religious rites, mating rites, language, ect..) or erasing it all together and forcing them to adopt the conquerer's culture.

Examples:
-In America Blacks and Whites share the same culture because Blacks were FORCED to.
-In Mexico Indians/Meztizos and Whites share the same Spanish culture because the Indian/Meztizos were FORCED to.

And in both cases problems have arisen.

Also, culture is most certainly affected by and even influenced by genetics:

Race and tastebuds:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/science-july-dec10-geneticstaste_12-23/

Melanin and hearing:

http://alkhalife.info/content/difference-starts-melanin

Caucasian boys more prone to colorblindness:

https://consumer.healthday.com/eye-care-information-13/color-blindness-141/caucasian-boys-most-prone-to-color-blindness-study-finds-686437.html

People who can HEAR more sound will produce a wider range of sounds.
People who can TASTE more flavors will produce a wider range of flavor in their foods.
People who can SEE a wider range of colors have a more colorful culture.

I'm glad Sara corrected you on the polygamous catholic priests, on it's face that did not sound right, and I'm glad you conceded the point :-)

Well if I'm wrong, I'm wrong....lol.
However I'm not too quick to admit that my statement about married priests in Africa was incorrect because about a half dozen Africans who didn't know eachother told me this and I know a lot of what not only goes on in secret but actuallly ALLOWED in the Catholic church isn't mentioned in it's official cannon or doctrine.
But since I can't find any evidence to prove it, I'll back away from it.

As for testosterone levels, sex drive and skin color (what you call race), I have no idea what the connections are, but I strongly doubt the connections are as cut and dried as you suggest. For each anecdote you cite I can think of many others that go counter. Women can be promiscuous too and have high sex drives, but they will still have lower levels of testosterone than a normal man. Body builders take hormones, including testosterone, and generally end up reducing their sexual performance to the point of impotence.

Sex drive as well as reproductive maturity are influenced by their testosterone levels more than any other factor.
And it is scientifically proven that Black men (on average) worldwide have a higher testosterone rate than White men (on average).

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/21534992_RacialEthnic_variations_in_male_testosterone_levels_A_probable_contributor_to_group_differences_in_health

So it follows that Black men will have a high sex drve and have no business patterning thier social behavior and family structures on that of men of a lower sex drive.
What works for THEM may not and often does not work for MOST of us.

For each anecdote you cite I can think of many others that go counter. Women can be promiscuous too and have high sex drives, but they will still have lower levels of testosterone than a normal man. Body builders take hormones, including testosterone, and generally end up reducing their sexual performance to the point of impotence.

You're now dealing with more psychology than actual chemistry
There is a difference between women who have high sex drives and women who sleep around a lot.
Some women naturally have high sex drives that call for multiple sexual partners to satisfy them, but this is RARELY the case due to their generally lower levels of testosterone.

Unlike most men who do it for ego and PLEASURE, most women who sleep with multiple men do it either for money (prostitution) or as a form of punishing themselves because of low self esteem.

But to your point about sexual repression: Pioneer on some level I agree with you. The whole idea about waiting until marriage to have sex and staying with that same partner for life seems crazy. Virtually no one does this and those who try invariable fail, or are miserable, or have missed out on one of life's joys, but...

Absolutely.
This is why I'm in favor of a sexually free society where everyone has the freedom and opportunity to express themselves based on what's natural for THEM even if it's abnormal.....as long as it doesn't directly harm another.

By imposing rigid rules based on the desires and norms of the majority, you represss the minority.

If we want to find out what is natural and works for us, let people be free and they will naturally gravitate toward what works for them.

When you write something like this;

"Rather than asking one group of men to control themselves in a sexually repressive society, why not flip it and demand that the other group be MORE SENSUAL and in accord with the dominant human nature?"

What you are revealing, perhaps without realizing, it is the fact that we will in a male dominated culture. You talk about men marrying multiple women, and the sex droves of men from various cultures. Your solution and much of what you wrote fail to consider fully 1/2 the population--the women.

Actually it wouldn't be inconsiderate at all.
It would only appear that way because most women WOULD NOT WANT to take advantage of being able to have mutliple sex partners like most men would.
Even among the most liberated of women, most don't have a sex drive desiring multiple sexual partners at the same time or in the same period or relationships.
Most just want ONE man at a time per relationship.
But most younger women don't understand (nor do they wish to understand) that most young men want the opposite and the the conflict comes when one REFUSES to respect the views and rights of others.

Are you just as open that a bunch of other dudes bringing your woman to climax anytime she has the desire. Maybe your girl likes to have three other dudes up in her at the same time, raw. I dunno, but somehow I suspect your desire to eliminate sexual repression is not boundless. But I could be wrong let me know how you feel about this and we can continue the discussion

No.
Actually my woman isn't really "my woman" but just one of multiple women I'm occasionally intimate with who I actually vibe with the most....lol.
I never was too big on relationships and I learned not to be too possessive of women I'm not married to and aren't taking care of.
However she doesn't DESIRE multiple men running up in it at the same time even if she knew I didn't care.

Again, it's about what the INDIVIDUAL desires for themselves as long as it doesn't directly harm another person or the society.
Men and women tend to have different DESIRES so their behavior is different.
Even now it's perfectly legal for a woman to have 5 boyfriends if she wants, but most wouldn't even think of such of thing because even if the men agreed she wouldn't DESIRE it.

Perhaps my lady doesn't desire multiple sexual partners at the same time, however she shouldn't get upset because I do (and I don't anymore....lol...been there and done that..) as long as that understanding is there and we live in a society that permits it.

Now ofcourse, this type of society is unheard of even on the African continent where even BEFORE the coming of Europeans and Arabs there were some pretty strict marital and mating rules and customs.

But again, I believe freedom and understanding is the key that will allow everyone to naturally get in where they fit in and build families that work best for THEM.

Pioneer race is ONLY about phenotype and has nothing to do with genetics. There is no Black gene.  If you got to African today you could easily find a "black person" who is genetically more different from you than you are a typical white boy.  

I read all of the articles, but they I'm at a loss to understand why you think they support you believe in a genetic basis for race. 

So if both Black and white people can be super tasters, have dry ear wax and be color blind, these facts serve to weaken your argument for a genetic basis for race, not strengthen it.  You see why don't you?

As far as the sex stuff you sound pretty open minded on paper in reality I'm not so convinced.  We happen to live in a culture where women with multiple partners are looked down upon and men with multiple partners are revered.  A women is not likely to freely admit to her lover, that she wants all of her holes plugged by three other dudes--fantasy's like this are typically frowned upon.

_____

It is gonna be raining in NY tomorrow, I'll probably catch the Roots special just so I can talk about it.  Still, I'm not in the mood to see Black people getting whipped, raped and worked to death.  

@Pioneer1Over centuries, there have been allegations about skeletons of babies being found on the grounds of Catholic convents all over Europe, places were the only males the nuns had contact with were priests.

Sex, a primitive primary drive, transcends cultures.  No matter who they are, what they are, and where they are, individuals seeking someone compatible with their sexual philosophy,  can always find a like-minded partner. Legalizing polygamy as an alternate lifestyle would be a mere formality. In the real world, all humans circumvent the ethics and laws of society for their own purposes.These rules simply exist for those want to observe them because of their personal moral code.   Polygamy will always be engaged in by the element among men and women who give into their sexual desires and exercise discretion. IMO

Troy

Pioneer race is ONLY about phenotype and has nothing to do with genetics. There is no Black gene. If you got to African today you could easily find a "black person" who is genetically more different from you than you are a typical white boy.

A person's phenotype is arrived FROM their genes.
It's passed along as alleles in the DNA.

However a person's phenotype is only a FRACTION of their genetic make up which is why you can find the same genes in people of different races.

Men and women are clearly different sexes but their share the same genes that give them hair, a nose, a mouth, eyes, ect.....
But just a fraction of genetic variation can make a world of difference.

Hell, apes and humans share over 90% of their DNA but look at the vast difference.

As far as the sex stuff you sound pretty open minded on paper in reality I'm not so convinced. We happen to live in a culture where women with multiple partners are looked down upon and men with multiple partners are revered. A women is not likely to freely admit to her lover, that she wants all of her holes plugged by three other dudes--fantasy's like this are typically frowned upon.

You're right and part of the reason why women catch the shittiest end of the stick is because we not only live in a sexually repressed system but a PATRIARCHAL one as well.

Under sexual repression....sex is considered vulgar nasty sin that should only be engaged in when absolutely necessary...procreation.

But under a Patriarchal system, it's all about men receiving pleasure while women aren't counted. So ofcourse if sex is necessary for the continuation of humanity and SOMEBODY has to get some pleasure out of it...let it be the man....lol.
So women are thrown under the bus.

But both of these sadistic cultural traits come from a sexually repressive Northern European culture that was imposed on NON-Northern Europeans.

But another part of the reason why women would catch hell for this goes back to what I mentioned earlier.
Because MOST (not all) men tend to have a higher sex drive and DESIRE multiple sexual partners.....when a man engages in sex with multiple women society sees him a success.
One who wants a lot of women and has accomplished his goal.

We know there are women with high sex drives but MOST have no desire for multiple sexual partners.
Society knows most women want one man they can call their own.
So when society sees a woman (who isn't a prostitute) with multiple men at the same time they almost instinctively frown upon it because they know that's not where she wants to be in her life and she's probably letting herself be used by men because of some sort of psychological issue.

Cynique

As I mentioned before, people in America are petty much LEGALLY free to engage in any type of sexual activity they wish as long as it's between consenting adults.

But the problems aren't necessarily coming from the sex itself but how an society places GUILT on those individuals who choose to exercise their sexual freedoms.

As Troy pointed out, women who engage in sexual promiscuity are often labled as whores and tramps from their very friends and family members.
Men who engage in sexual promiscuity are called sinners, "sick", influenced by Satan, ect....

And it all stems from foreign CULTURE that was imposed on the population by those who had a repressed and warped view of sexuality to begin with. 
Families, religious institutions, and society at large all get thier disdain for sexual freedom from WESTERN CULTURE which condemned sex as sinful and primative.  A "necessary evil"...

"Discretion" is the operative word. For all you know, women and men are engaging in sex with multiple partners;  You just aren't aware of it.  They keep their booty calls, and friends with benefits and what goes on behind closed doors a secret.   Ya think?  

@Pioneer1 of course phenotype is defined in one's genetics but "race" is not (and I wrote I wouldn't debate this fact).  Again, there is no Black gene or genes.  You can't look at someone genes a say this person is Black and this one is white. In other words one can not come up with DNA test for whiteness.  

Man you can't even look at someone's phenotype and determine definitively that they are Black or white--that should tell you something right?

Troy

of course phenotype is defined in one's genetics but "race" is not (and I wrote I wouldn't debate this fact). Again, there is no Black gene or genes. You can't look at someone genes a say this person is Black and this one is white. In other words one can not come up with DNA test for whiteness.

Actually, skin color IS a genetic trait that is passed along.

But as we make our way out of the grass and weeds and back on the path, my original point is that the CULTURE of a people is based in part on their GENETICS.

Another example is dairy products.......

Unlike most West African and East Asian societies, Western society places a huge emphasis on consuming milk and other dairy products even at an advanced age.

Why?

Because most Northern Europeans are GENETICALLY equipped with the lactase enzyme all the way into old age that allows them to process and break down the lactose sugar that milk and milk by-products contain.

So you can go to the state fair and catch an old White couple holding hands and licking on ice cream cones or sucking down milk-shakes together.
Just grinning away.
:D

Let YOU, me, or most other Black people over 30 years of age try it.

Inside an hour you'd be feeling back for the poor suckaz that had to walk behind you you'd be blowing so much gas...lol.

We don't have the genetics to naturally produce the lactase enzyme after a certain age and that is why milk and milk products weren't an original part of the West African diet and culture.

Trying to imitate White folks!

Too often our people see THEM doing something and try to imitate it with disasterous results.

As I said before, your genetics influences your culture.
One should not adopt the culture of those genetically different than them.

@Pioneer1 (I like the new avatar), man I can drink dairy and eat ice all day long and I'm in my 50's now what?  Also people from other parts of African are also able to digest lactose. 

Again skin color is genetically determined (ignoring environmental factors), but as we've written numerous times; skin color is insufficient to to determine what you understand as race.

I'd bet most of the genetic variation we observe in human is due more to environment (geography, available food supply, climate, etc).  Cultures come and go too quickly to have much of an influence on our genetics.

Troy

I like the new avatar

Thank you.
Garvey his a personal hero of mine.

man I can drink dairy and eat ice all day long and I'm in my 50's now what?  Also people from other parts of African are also able to digest lactose. 

Again skin color is genetically determined (ignoring environmental factors), but as we've written numerous times; skin color is insufficient to to determine what you understand as race.

I'd bet most of the genetic variation we observe in human is due more to environment (geography, available food supply, climate, etc).  Cultures come and go too quickly to have much of an influence on our genetics.

I know a lot of Black people in their 40s and 50s who drink milk and consume other dairy products. And almost all of them suffer from adverse side effects ranging from gas and upset stomach to chronic bronchitis and constant colds.
The milk is bothering them, they just don't know it.
And even when it's brought to their attention a lot of them still consume it anyway....like a smoker with
emphysema who keeps on smoking.

I know East Africans and Sudanese drink a lot of milk but their genetics is differnt from Black Americans (and the milk they're drinking  is different too).
Most Black Americans as I said are descended from WEST AFRICANS.

Now because of slavery  most of us in America have Northern European ancestry as well, so we share SOME of their European gene.
Some of us have European genes that cause our skin to be lighter.
Others have European genes that cause our hair to be straighter.
Others have European genes that allow us to consume dairy products at an advanced age.

But these are minor exceptions to the GENERAL RULE that we as decendants of West Africans should be living by based on our genetic heritage.

Generally speaking those of West African descent CAN NOT and SHOULD NOT be consuming dairy products after adulthood as it could lead to all types of health problems that you'd think were totally unrelated.

Another example of "culture versus genes"  is alcohol consumption.......

Most White people consume alcoholic beverages on a daily basis, with meals, while watching televsion, after work, for celebrations, for sad occasions...yet most of them can still function and operate a society.
Yet the Native American community is nearly DESTROYED from alcohol consumption.

Why? Because of genetics.

Native American genes don't allow them to process alcohol as effectively as Europeans.
Neither do most Black Americans.

I'm sure you've seen in college how White kids could drink and drink and drink until they fell out in a coma on the weekends, but Monday morning they are up and in class with their eyes clear and mind sharp.

Black students try to drink HALF as much as their White friends and it fucks their lives up.
Their eyes turn red, they get violent, can't remember their studies....many end up having to drop out of school and end up alcoholics.

Why?  Because our bodies weren't designed genetically to consume alcohol the way Whites can.

In WESTERN CULTURE (not our culture) alcohol is so common it's almost a staple food.