Now I Know Why They Want To Blame The Mother

Oh.....
No WONDER they're talking about pressing charges against the mother of the boy who wandered into the gorilla enclosure at the zoo.

The parents are Black!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-racism-found-cincinnati-zoo-saga-article-1.2655860

I was thinking to myself of all the times parents have taken their children to the zoo and how the kids ended up wandering into places they didn't belong....but no one ever thought about "charging" the parent with a crime.
Everyone from the zoo's staff to the authorities were so happy nothing happened to the child they let things go...but not in this case.
So part of me "wondered" was the woman of color or something that they felt  so anxious to blame the mother for the incident.

To add futher insult......
It appears that someone did a story about them detailing the boy's father's criminal record which had absolutely nothing to do with the incident at the zoo.

...and of course there's the PETA  brigade whose members never met an animal they didn't want to rescue, especially ones that have been plucked from the wild and classified as an endangered species. Any time there's an incident where one of these beasts ends up being shot to prevent it from attacking a human, the animal advocates bare their fangs, immediately coming to the defense of their furry friends, offering the rationale that these predators were just doing what they do, and humans should stay out of their way.  True, of course, but how often do humans do what they should do?  

Never mind that this little black boy who managed to drop in for a visit with "Harambe", the silverback gorilla housed at a zoo in Cincinnati,  could also be considered an endangered species. The idea that a gorilla had to be killed because the kid got too curious was a travesty in their point of view.  Or does it matter that those-in-the- know agreed that shooting the big ape was the safest thing to do. Out came the protesters, eager to demonstrate where their priorities lie.  And it wasn't long before the executed Harambe became the trending topic on social media.where rabid posters were snarling their outrage.  A FaceBook page was even set up to memorialize the hairy brute, casting him as a victim and bidding him to rest in peace. King Kong would've been envious.

I don't doubt that once the toddler's race was revealed,  this exacerbated the indignation even as it provided a way to avenge the death of Harambe by going after the parents for not being able to keep up with their 4 year old who was determined to emulate Tarzan.   So now this couple is being harassed and investigated for negligence.          

And - the beat goes on, Somewhere, someplace, groups are still droning that "black lives matter".  Yeah, right.  Almost as much as animal ones do.  

I logged on to my computer and saw:

Harambe the gorilla

At first I thought they were doing yet ANOTHER remake of Planet of the Apes.
It was one of my favorite movie series!

Then I realized that it was a shrine to "Harambe" the gorilla.

Atleast they didn't name him "Coco" like so many apes used to be named.

It's funny how a gorilla with the name "Harambe" (swahili for "unity") has gotten America so divided....lol.

The 
sad truth is the reason so many White people feel so much worse over the gorilla that was killed (as they do over other animals like dogs and eagles) than they do for Black men who are shot down in the street is because they feel the animals didn't DESERVE death.
Atleast the animal is innocent and can be an entertaining companion, but many see the Black man and woman as
useless and worthy of extermination.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a different reaction when it comes to the parents of the 2-year old white Orlando toddler who wandered into the water and was snatched up by an alligator.  Nobody is blaming or investigating them  the way authorities were doing the black parents of the 4-year old whose accidental encounter with a gorilla ended up with Cincinnati zoo staffers shooting poor ol Harambe.  And nobody's mourning all the alligators shot in an effort to find the remains of the 2 year old who's parents needed to be targeted for taking their eyes off the kid.   There's just no justice for black people and alligators...  :(  

Cynique

You know i was actually thinking the VERY same thing when I heard about this.
Where is the outcry to arrest the parents of the White kid who was snatched?

I didn't realize they actually KILLED all those gators they found.

When I heard that they came across 8 or 9 aligators but none of them had the boy I kind of wondered how would they have known that UNLESS they killed them and opened them up....but i didn't really think about it afterward.