PUNISHMENT

Well, here I am on “Thumper‘s Corner”, fighting off claustrophobia, cloistered in my little niche that is part of a network of cubicles equipped with a maze of “links” which will not only connect members to various features, but will also enable them to make contact with other inmates with whom they can engage in a one-on-one exchange that somebody else may choose to eavesdrop on and even decide to go through the challenge of posting a response to. Some fun, huh? <_<

Huddled here in my little pod, I am full of curiosity about the state of limbo “the board” is now suspended in. Currently, except for a brave few, everybody including me seems to be at a loss for something to comment about. My inhibition stems from the notion that people will be bored with what I have to say, - because I’ve said it all before. :huh:

So for anybody who happens to be reading this, you've been forewarned as I will now proceed to indulge in a little self-examination, more specifically about how the bizarre way my brain integrates things, a process which is becoming more and more quirky by the day. :blink:

I am, for all practical purposes, ambi-dextrous - as right-brained as I am left brained, - able to use both hands equally well. And, as some people may have noticed, can be both pro and con about an issue and could, if I chose, argue either side with equal passion. I often tend to think like a man, and some people were curious about why the book I wrote was told from a male POV. This was something that I never gave much thought until it was brought to my attention how effectively I executed this Also, not so uncommon, is how my face is asymmetrical, with one side looking slightly different from the other. :unsure:

Now in my old age, I find that I have acquired a second sight. I can look at a scene and see it one way, then close my eyes and upon re-opening them see an entirely different perspective of the same scene. This especially occurs when I am waking from a deep sleep. Weird and disconcerting. I hope it is not a prelude to dementia but attributable, instead, to a former activity that involved my looking at pages of this particular book and fixing my stare on a paradigm from which a 3-D image would eventually zoom out at you! I also like to work pattern-less crossword puzzles, - blank grids wherein you follow the clues and fill in the correct words while figuring out where you should black out the squares. Games requiring you to unscramble letters to produce a word also intrigue me. :rolleyes:

I am not claiming that all of these anomalies make me unique, and, in fact just wrote all this crap as PUNISHMENT, and as a seque to a burning question! My mind is configuring this board in different ways. I need convincing that the complaints I opened with, should be regarded as conveniences rather than hindrances. Any takers?? :o

The fun I'm having with the fonts and emoticons, are obviusly a plus. B)

Sorry, Troy. The novelty of Match.Com is wearing off. :D

Well, here I am on “Thumper‘s Corner”, fighting off claustrophobia, cloistered in my little niche that is part of a network of cubicles equipped with a maze of “links” which will not only connect members to various features, but will also enable them to make contact with other inmates with whom they can engage in a one-on-one exchange that somebody else may choose to eavesdrop on and even decide to go through the challenge of posting a response to. Some fun, huh? <_<

Huddled here in my little pod, I am full of curiosity about the state of limbo “the board” is now suspended in. Currently, except for a brave few, everybody including me seems to be at a loss for something to comment about. My inhibition stems from the notion that people will be bored with what I have to say, - because I’ve said it all before. :huh:

So for anybody who happens to be reading this, you've been forewarned as I will now proceed to indulge in a little self-examination, more specifically about how the bizarre way my brain integrates things, a process which is becoming more and more quirky by the day. :blink:

I am, for all practical purposes, ambi-dextrous - as right-brained as I am left brained, - able to use both hands equally well. And, as some people may have noticed, can be both pro and con about an issue and could, if I chose, argue either side with equal passion. I often tend to think like a man, and some people were curious about why the book I wrote was told from a male POV. This was something that I never gave much thought until it was brought to my attention how effectively I executed this Also, not so uncommon, is how my face is asymmetrical, with one side looking slightly different from the other. :unsure:

Now in my old age, I find that I have acquired a second sight. I can look at a scene and see it one way, then close my eyes and upon re-opening them see an entirely different perspective of the same scene. This especially occurs when I am waking from a deep sleep. Weird and disconcerting. I hope it is not a prelude to dementia but attributable, instead, to a former activity that involved my looking at pages of this particular book and fixing my stare on a paradigm from which a 3-D image would eventually zoom out at you! I also like to work pattern-less crossword puzzles, - blank grids wherein you follow the clues and fill in the correct words while figuring out where you should black out the squares. Games requiring you to unscramble letters to produce a word also intrigue me. :rolleyes:

I am not claiming that all of these anomalies make me unique, and, in fact just wrote all this crap as PUNISHMENT, and as a seque to a burning question! My mind is configuring this board in different ways. I need convincing that the complaints I opened with, should be regarded as conveniences rather than hindrances. Any takers?? :o

The fun I'm having with the fonts and emoticons, are obviusly a plus. B)

Sorry, Troy. The novelty of Match.Com is wearing off. :D

Fascinating, Cynique!

I will admit to feeling a little...inhibited here. It's like a friend bought a brand new, fancy house with all new swanky furnishings. I'm impressed with the surroundings, and a little intimidated. I also am being careful not to track dirt across the new carpets or leave water drips on the new granite countertops. Definitely I wont be kicking my feet up on the coffee table.

So, yes, I have been a little bit more serious here. Heck, I see no one has even fought at each other (yet). We'll just have to get used to being here, I guess. In no time at all we'll be belching loudly and tossing dirty dishes in the sink!

Fascinating, Cynique!

I will admit to feeling a little...inhibited here. It's like a friend bought a brand new, fancy house with all new swanky furnishings. I'm impressed with the surroundings, and a little intimidated. I also am being careful not to track dirt across the new carpets or leave water drips on the new granite countertops. Definitely I wont be kicking my feet up on the coffee table.

So, yes, I have been a little bit more serious here. Heck, I see no one has even fought at each other (yet). We'll just have to get used to being here, I guess. In no time at all we'll be belching loudly and tossing dirty dishes in the sink!

A different slant on the new format is what I wanted to hear, Yvette, and you provided one. It's almost like we are analysing a Rorschach ink blot, with each person seeing this updated board in a way that reflects their unique mind set.

Although I am getting better at navigating my way around, I still miss the unfettered access of the old board, - how easy it was to respond to posts and how visible the topics being discussed were, - no barriers or procedures to follow in order to jump into a debate or to read one in progress.

But, I will make this my final complaint. It's Troy's call and he's the HNIC. <_<