Free the Black Looney Toons by John McWhorter

• 3 weeks later...

It is what it is. They are artifacts of an era gone by. They should release them under an historical context with commentary explaining their significance and the conditions of the times when created. I have no problems with it since I have a number of these race cartoons in my library. But as expected, there will be hyper sensitive torpid Negroes who will whine and have temper tantrums (are ya listening Al Sharpton?). It's to be expected.....

It is what it is. They are artifacts of an era gone by. They should release them under an historical context with commentary explaining their significance and the conditions of the times when created. I have no problems with it since I have a number of these race cartoons in my library. But as expected, there will be hyper sensitive torpid Negroes who will whine and have temper tantrums (are ya listening Al Sharpton?). It's to be expected.....

(Let me see:

You cannot make cartoons showing Jews as moneygrubbing thieves. You cannot show Irishmen as drunks an laggards. You cannot call a person of Polish descent "Polack" though they can do it. You cannot call poor rural southern white people hillbillies.

Until all the rest of these people stand for it, I see no reason for us to. Only a slave hates himself so bad he encourages people outside his group to belittle him--usually in the hope of getting some crumb or two.

Yes, I think this is Slave Mentality Exhibit C. You're doing pretty good for yourself.