Obama Chicago Community Organizer: "Manufactured Reality"

I have always felt that once Obama made up his mind  to run for president, everything he did was calculated and manufactured  and compiled on a to-do list.  He would have been right at home with The Kennedys who under the guidance of Patriarch Joe Kennedy all mapped out their political aspirations in accordance with shrewd long range strategies.  

Of course this is what politics are all about;  laying the groundwork and creating an impressive resume, be it authentic or crafted. And opportunists are well-served.  FDR,  criticized his predecessor Herbert Hoover's handling of the economy during the Depression and then once elected, he implemented  many of Hoover's plans and  re-named them "The New Deal."  Creating a false scenario worked for a youthful JFK who called for   "A New Frontier" during his presidential run but once he got in, he was reluctant to tamper with the old status quo. Obama shed his suaveness and went  through the motions of being a grass roots organizer on his way to seeking office, finally embracing the "audacity" to be the standard bearer for "Hope", - a noble goal that always suckers in disillusioned voters in the race to become head of the country, a strategy Bernie also benefited from.  And, of course, "the fool who shall remain nameless", touts the "Make America Great Again" catch phrase that is a.threat more than a promise.  As much as she is criticized for being devious, Hillary Clinton is in good company when it comes to her male colleagues. 

And so it goes...    

• Like 1

A lot of people confuse "community organizer" with "community activist".

Community activists are generally the people you see on the street protesting, feeding the homeless, and generally being vocal about the issues.

On the other hand a community organizer does just that.....
They are typically professionals (professors, lawyers, ect.....) or recent college graduates who use their intellectual and professional skills to help organize the community around a common cause.
They generally work behind the scene and are often the liason between the activists on the front lines and the establishment who have the power to change the policies ill-affecting the community.

With his nuanced and relatively suppressed personality, Obama never took me as an "activist" but I definately could see him an an organizer.

• Like 1

Well  Malveaux is apparently calling into question Obama's community "organizing" credentials.  I'm sure she understands what the term means, I posted this because Obama's community organizing background in Chicago is often cited as evidence of is support of and allegiance to the Black community.  The idea that it all might be spin to make him a favorable candidate should come as a surprise, but it doesn't--at least not to me..  

Obama clearly doesn't have too much allegiance to the Black community.
My example of him being a community organizer in one of America's largest Black communities was just to illustrate the fact that he KNOWS how to help the Black community.

He knows the issues that we are concerned with whether he actually addresses them or not.
.....as opposed to a Sanders who may not be as intimately familiar with the needs of Black America regardless of how sincere his intentions may be to help.

-A politician who knows the needs of Black America and desires to help would increase the amount of well trained law enforcement in urban areas with a focus on violence and not minor offenses and drug violations.

-A politician who wants to help Black people but don't have a clue will hear reports of police brutality and reduce the amount of police officer and piss them off with a lot of sensitivity training that will lead to an increase in crime.

-A politician who knows the needs of Black America and desires to help would....like Roosevelt...actually use his powers to build jobs with decent wages and hire the unemployed directly for immediate financial relief.

-A politician who just wants to help poor Black people but doesn't really know how will increase welfare programs that do little more than keep Black people in poverty and dependence.  The only jobs created would be for young White college graduates who come to the ghetto to do social work and manage charities.