Netflix Releases Luke Cage (of Marvel Comics) Movie Trailer

“After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage (Mike Colter) becomes a fugitive who attempts to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City. But soon he is pulled out of the shadows and must fight a battle for the heart of his city – forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury.”

hireforhire1.jpg

I think the bald cut and hoodie, rather than the golden headband and 'fro, brings a nice contemporary touch to Luke Cage. In addition to cleaning of the street of Harlem, maybe Cage will go after rogue cops hell bend on shooting similarly garbed brothers.... that be fun.

The first issue was published by Marvel Comics in June of 1972 and featured the cover art of John Romita, Sr.

I purchased this comic and maybe the next 20 or so until I lost interest in comic books over 40 years ago.  My copy is not in as goo condition as the version depicted here, but it is still just as valuable to me.

Folks on Ebay are now selling this issue for as much as $1,800, I guess the value increased as a result of the film.

• Like 1