Obama Gave Birth to Trump

It is inconceivable that someone of Trump’s limitations would be in the position he is today. Unfortunately, here we are. Since 2008 and Obama’s improbable victory and subsequent second term in 2012, the privileged class and its political establishment has sought to delegitimize the Obama Presidency. Beginning with the clandestine Republican meeting within days of his inauguration, Mitch McConnell, Senate Republican Leader, declared it’s primary legislation objective was to obstruct the Obama administration’s agenda. It is no coincidence that the first black president has faced such extraordinary vitriolic resistance, e.g. Tea Party, Congress, “you lie” during State of the Union and Fox News. I think it is unprecedented resistance because of cognitive dissonance (intellectual disorientation). How can a black man be president, given our ingrained conscious and unconscious perceptions?

Enter Trump, his journey began with the birther movement that proclaimed President Obama’s election as unconstitutional. He is the leader to redeem the divine and legitimate authority, wealth and power that was wrested from the privileged/advantaged class. It is not progressive or future oriented; it is a throwback prior to President Obama, coded as  “Make America Great Again.” This is a clash of tectonic values (culture and demographics). Larry Wilford of Comedy Centrals Nightly Show aptly describes the movement:

Many Americans are eager for more than an end to Obama’s presidency but what they sense is the ascendancy of nonWhite Americans, their concerns, interests and experiences. “unblackening” is a political moment…

The “unblackening” is happening now, or is it? Your thoughts about our future and past

Check out my book Other Side at reduced sales prices. Available at:

https://www.createspace.com/6178731

https://www.amazon.com/author/rayhollargregory

• Like 2

I hear you Ray. Trump is the spawn of America.  An America that is deeply wounded, mentally ill, and in desperate need of help.  

In reaction to the lack of attention, the masses act out, like the unruly kid in the classroom.  A country whose people are valued have no need for a Trump. Trump is our reaction, our unruly student.

Rather than figure out what our problems are and deal with them, we act out and try to elevate Trump to the presidency.  It is a desperate act of defiance by the masses of a dominant culture who are losing ground and are afraid of what this means.

@Troy "We"?   What "we" are you talking about? Not me, or millions of other Americans who aren't trying to "elevate Trump to the presidency".

I think it's more accurate to say that political correctness spawned Trump, and widened the gap between all the disgruntled right wing Conservatives and the progressive left wing Liberals in this country. The polls show Trump and Clinton are neck-and-neck, so there is no clear consensus.  After watching the Democratic convention which was saturated with blacks and all the other special interest minorities in this country whose representatives were preaching to the choir when giving their speeches and therefore not making any outside converts, I don't think either candidate will win by a landslide, The election might very well be contested by whomever is declared the loser and all hell will break loose!

The country is rife with resentment. The rank-and-file have gravitated toward both parties, depending on how much they relate to what individual party leaders are advocating.  What they all have in common is that they don't trust the politicians who are running the country, and they want change. But change represents different things to the opposing factions, and that's the great dilemma facing the nation. 

The United States has degenerated into a divided state. This is the end result of a dream turning into a nightmare.  America's differences have not brought its people together but have driven them apart apart. The country needs a make-over or it will gradually implode.  Just like Rome.  In this world, nothing involving humans stays the same forever. Shit happens..    

• Like 1

Cynique

The Unted States has been divided for a long long time.
The only difference today is thanks to Trump a lot of Black and Brown people are waking up to that reality.
I'm glad Trump is saying what he's saying because for nearly 30 years Mexicans and Arabs have routinely voted against their own interests and supported the Republican party believing in their deceptive moral rhetoric.
Now that the TRUTH is coming out about what Republicans really stand for and believe, Mexicans and Arabs are waking up cranky as hell. 

They're finally starting to feel that maybe Black people may have a point to all the "complaining" we do.

• Like 1

Cynique, the "we" I'm referring to are the millions of Trump supporters.  

But I'm also talking the weak ass media, so desperate for viewers that they put Donald Trump on TV at every opportunity, while lobbing him slow-pitch softballs for questions and rarely challenging him on the lies he tells to their face.  But they don't do it because they are afraid of losing access to Trump.  The mainstream media is weak, pathetic, and did more harm than good this presidential cycle. We are looking a real potential Trump presidency as a result!   

"We" as in Americans.  

One of the problems with the current campaign indeed our entire political process is that if reinforces the "we" versus "they" mentality.  Presumably we all want the same thing a prosperous nation.  Sure we may disagree on how to get there, but the we" versus "they" mentality is self destructive, and nothing good ever comes from it.

So while I, personally will not vote for Trump, I'm not about to disavow the Americans who do. 

I am perfectly fine with the existing "we" against "they" paradigm and I choose to disavow the Americans who vote for Trump, just like you are making the choice to vote for a third party presidential candidate.

American citizens walking in lockstep with each other is reminiscent of Nazi Germany.   

What I find interesting is how Trump and many of his supporters are talking of the elections being "rigged".

I really find it intersting because it's coming from Republicans who essentially rigged the 2000 election  while Black people and the Democrat Party failed to really take them to task on it.

How did we get to a point in this nation to where the perpetrators are playing the victims, while the real victims are silent?

If you hear the term "conspiracy theorist" today, chances are it's not describing a Black man in a dashiki hanging out at the local barbershop telling you what "they" are trying to do to you.....bure more likely a prominent Republican Senator or mainstream talk show host.

The issue of election fraud and corruption in the system that Blacks and Democrats in general SHOULD be pointing out and raising sand over but won't because they don't want to look "silly"....are now being used by right-wing Republicans as a way to keep the media and everyone else on the defensive.

If you practice FAIRNESS....they'll call foul and accuse you of corruption and bias.

• Like 2

@Pioneer1 that was I inspired :-)

@Cynique, please can walk in lockstep on the otherside of the political spectrum too. Which is my biggest complaint about black folks slavish devotion to the democratic party despite the all of the policies that gave hurt our community. 

But it looks like I'll have to break down and vote for Hillary just in case the no-shows tip the election in favor of that nut in the opposing party.