Will curiosity kill the cat???

This is something I've never been clear about,Troy. When authors go on Thumper's Corner and request book reviews, what happens next?  Are they accommodated with a review and do such reviews automatically appear in AALBC's monthly newsletter? :huh:

Also, you have said that pictures can be uploaded into a post.  But I see no search engine for doing this..  How is it done?  Also, as a courtesy,  why don't you use the "Edit"  feature once you post what I assume are responses you key in a hurry or from your iPhone? This would eliminate the distractions of typos.:D

And are opinion pieces that appear on this site copyrighted by AALBC? 

MEOOOOOOW.  :o

Cynique I recently encouraged authors, who were interested in getting their book reviewed, to post information about their book on Thumpers Corner--instead of sending me an email.  

I get a lot of requests for book reviews, and I since I can not afford to accommodate the majority of these requests (no publisher can), I felt it would be a better use of the author's time to introduce themselves and their book on Thumper's Corner.  This way I would still see the book info, but other potential readers would see information about the new book.  

I did not intend to these requests to be just straight up book review requests, because this does not interest readers.  I'll have to update my instructions to make this clearer.  Some authors have taken the suggestion as intended and I've even created free profiles for some and offer suggestions on improving their pitches.  Hopefully this will evolve and improve overtime.

As far as adding images to posts, simply click the link Drag files here to attach, or choose files.... at the bottom of the editing window from that point you will be promoted to select a location to upload an image (see image at the end of this post with the arrow). You will then need to click the image to add it to a post.  I'm surprised you never asked this before.  

As far as the typos in my posts, sure the remote responding is an issue, but most of the time it is just me rushing. I do from time to time edit my posts, and am actually floor my how egregious the typos I've caught are sometimes.  I'll try to do better.  (ignore any typoes in this post ;))

Pioneer, get your mind out of the gutter.

uploading-images.jpg

2 hours ago, Troy said:

As far as adding images to posts, simply click the link Drag files here to attach, or choose files.... at the bottom of the editing window from that point you will be promoted to select a location to upload an image (see image at the end of this post with the arrow). You will then need to click the image to add it to a post.  I'm surprised you never asked this before.  

No such link currently appears at the bottom of my screen. And hasn't for a long time.     

@Pioneer1 You're a dirty ol man.  MEOOOOOOOOOW :rolleyes:

Cynique I can't think of a reason why Pioneer can post a photo and you can't.  Which browser/version (look in the browser menu and select help or about) and what operating system are you using? If you are using Chrome maybe it would just be easier to remotely access your computer and show you what to do.