Black Church, Donald Trump.

News Says  The Racist Moron Donald Trump Plan To Go To Black Churches. It Amazes Me How Stupid Black Christians Are.If A Black Church Allows Trump In, The Church Should Put Confederate flag, Swastika Flag Next To The Church Cross..Trump Should Take Racist Idiot Grand Dragon David dukes with him to black churches..Black Church Choirs Would Sings At Klan Rallies If Preachers Told Them To.Black Religious Are Morons. Democrats almost as bad. News Talks About Trump Being White Supremacist, News Not Saying White Police Have Been Fired For Being In White Supremacist Groups..Neo  Nazi In The U.S. Military.They Talk About ISIS, Terrorist Groups,This Country Has Presidential Candidate Being Supported by a Terrorist Organization Members, neo Nazi, and The FBI see no Problem, With That...

• Like 1

I read on FaceBook that Mega TV Evangelist Creflo (Cashflow) Dollar is supporting Trump.  Considering the source, I don't know how true this is but this is the same preacher who wanted each member of his vast congregation to send him $300 so he could purchase a 65 million dollar private jet to fly him around the country and overseas.  Birds of a feather, flock together.  

Trump's pitch to the black underclass is very persuasive. "What you you have to lose?" he asks. Some might respond that what they have to lose could be their Section 8 housing, their free medical cards and the plastic debit cards that have replaced food stamps, welfare benefits that would unlikely be among the things that represent the  America Trump wants "to make great again".

Cynique I seriously doubt Creflo endorsed Trump, at least I would not believe it unless there was a reputable source indicating this.  

From what I see after about 30 seconds of looking, are people creating content around a rumor started on some social media site. Again, many sites make money just propagating nonsense--and it does not have to be true.

I do not think a Black Church or the Christians that run it are stupid for inviting Donald Trump to speak.  In fact, I'd think it is smart.  Perhaps if the Democrats thought Black folks would entertain voting Republican the Democrats might not take our vote for granted.

These mischief makers have plenty of inspiration for the rumors they spread and since a mercenary con-man  like Creflo Dollar is of the same ilk as Trump, this gives such rumors legs.

I think it's ill-advised to actually invite Donald Trump to speak at a black church.  if he requests an invitation to come, then it's a different story.  It would be a real challenge for Trump to compete with Jesus as the savior who is going to answer their prayers.  Of course he could always invoke the familiar declaration that God told him to go find flocks of sheep to lead (to the broken promises land.) 

For decades, certain spokesmen have been urging black voters to not allow the Democrats to take them for granted. but Republicans have never done anything to make themselves an attractive alternative.  Not all Republicans are racists, but all racists are Republican.

Hypothetically if blacks want to have their demands met, they would form their own partythe Ebonocats or the Blackwecans.  In the real world, this ain't gonna happen. Becoming an Independent is all that's left, and all this offers are moral victories.  

“Not all Republicans are racists, but all racists are Republican.”  

I hear that quote all the time and it is misleading because there are plenty of racist Democrats.  Believing racist are only in the Republican party results in a lot of pain for folks... because the get hurt when they discover racist are in all parties.

The believe that the Democrats is our only alternative is self defeating.  There are always options our collective failure to conceive of and execute something different is our greatest weakness.  

Everybody is racist, including bigoted black people. But there are degrees of racism.  Democrats tend to not be aware of their racism;  If they were staunch racists they'd join a party that would make them feel comfortable, which are the Republicans.  

What are the options to the existing situation besides being an Independent? What are the chances of blacks becoming of one mind when it comes to advancing their cause? And their internal dissent could be very legitimate because there is no one solution to the problems that beset us.  For every Barack Obama who was elected President, there a Cornel West, a shrill critic who has little impact. Talk is cheap.  Compromise is the only viable solution, unless blacks separate from America and begin to nation build. How likely is this to happen? In your new quest for the truth, what do you think.  LOL

Cynique how do you explain all the Black Republicans?  

There is zero chance of Blacks, becoming of one mind.  But that is not what is needed to improve our situation.

Interesting, you should mention nation building that would be an interesting alternative explore.  It is not a new idea, but perhaps worth looking into.  I don't think it is as implausible as you suggest.

If you had watched the Republican convention, which I doubt you did, because you boycott so much of TV, you would've been stunned by the complete lack of black faces among the delegates.  There have always been black die-hard conservatives, and maveriks who have taken refuge in the Republican party, but even they admit how little their party has reached out to Blacks.  

So if the unifying effect of being of one mind is not the solution to dealing with black political impotency, what specifically is needed to improve our situation???. 

Final question.  Why don't you become a Republican on a matter of principle and put out a call for others to join you. LOL 

You are right; I skipped the Republican convention, not because I'm boycotting a lot of TV, but because it does not interest me.  I also refuse to feed the coffers of mainstream media by falling fall prey to their obsession to get us to gawk at Trump. 

While Black people can not become 100% unified we, could reach across racial lines.  Cynique, you have more in common with your white neighbors than you do with a Black person whose family has been in poverty since reconstruction and even less in common with people like Hillary or Trump who will represent us.  It is about class, not race.

Join the Republican party? No thanks. 

I spend a lot of time in NYC and Florida.  NYC is firmly democratic and they live in a bubble.  The more provincial New Yorkers can't even wrap their heads around why anyone would vote republican.  In Florida local talk radio are citing polls which say that Trump currently has 20% of the Black vote and will likely win the state.

There are non-racists, smart people in both locations, but New York and Florida may as well be two different countries given their views on religion, politics, guns, etc... 

• Like 1

Trump is supposed to go to a Black mega church in Detroit on Saturday.

If it's the one I'm thinking about, I remember going there years to go to see Mase (the rapper) when he first left Bad Boy Entertainment and started preaching....lol.

What I find stranger than Trump going to a church in the ghetto, is his not planning to speak at all during his time there...lol.

Troy

When you compare New York and Florida......
Are you comparing Florida with New York City....or the state of New York?
I ask, because there seems to be quite a few conservative and outright racist regions in upstate New York or just outside of the NYC or Buffalo areas in general.
Didn't a Black fireman's house get burned down in some small town in upstate?

Like Chicago and Philadelphia....a lot of White working class New York police officers and firemen are racist as hell and are probably voting for Trump despite their financial interests because of the implied racism in his theme.

People often confuse Democrat with liberal.
But as you said, there are plenty of racist Democrats.
Many people are in the Democrat party because it's pro environment or pro abortion rights, but hate the hell out of Black and Hispanic people.
So even in heavily Democratic New York, don't be suprised if the turn out for Trump is heavy.

Yes I was referring to NYC, sorry about that.  Outside of NYC; Florida and the rest of the state have a lot in common.

NYC has 5 boroughs.  One boroughs, Staten Island, will probably go to Trump.  But the rest of the city is so democratic that Hillary will easily win the state.

Now it will be interesting to see Trump's percentages throughout the state. I would not be surprised to see Trump get a higher percentage NY State's votes relative to the Democrat than Romney or McCain got in 2012 or 2008.

Well Trump is FROM New York, so it wouldn't be suprising that he'd do better there than the average Republican regardless as to how controversial he is around the rest of the nation.

But what the Democrats really have to be careful of.......
-and Republican operatives have been pulling this stunt all over the nation since atleast 2000-
....is voter intimidation.

Every election season right before the election what you see is an attempt by the local Republicans to "purge" the voting registration of Blacks and Latino voters by using criminal records and lack of identification as an excuse.
Thousands of Black and Latino votes are dismisses because of this, and they wait right up until the last few days before the election before doing this so that the voters can't go through the proper channels quickly enough to vote and have thier votes counted.
And now Republicans and especially the right wing fringe groups are talking about Clinton trying to "steal" the election, no doubt as part of some scheme to force the hand of election officials.

But they've been doing this in EVERY national election since 2000 and I haven't seen or heard the Democratic leadership seriously address this issue.