Seeing Red

At a time when the Donald Trump phenomenon is stifling me, this video cleared the air and reassured me that my revulsion for right wing fascism, is justified.  Kudos to the black brotha who squelched a wind bag of white entitlement.

Edited by Troy
embedding video
  • Like 1

The only thing that came out of this is that white folks, like the guy Quannell was debating just dig their heels even more.  The notion that dissatisfied Black people should just live basically says; yeah the situation for ya'll is jacked up, don't look to us to help make things better, you might have better luck finding justice in another country...

Maybe he is right.

• Like 1

Actually I kind of feel the same way. The idea that blacks have an equal stake in America because they helped build it and have fought and died for it don't mean jack!.  The only way African Americans are going to have all of their demands met is to remove themselves from a white-dominated environment.  In a black monolithic domain there would be less of what's happening in places like Chicago in terms of murder and violence, because black apologists wouldn't have racism to blame law enforcement and every other imaginable thing on. Now,  it's almost as if there is an epidemic of young black men committing suicide-by-cop, so they can go out in a blaze of glory and be the opening story on the evening news and the next  martyr to gain fame and inspire protest.  

What gratified me about this debate was confronting the white bastard with how the Indians are who this country belongs to and white intruders are who stole it from them, and that Native Americans are the ones who should be telling white people to get the hell out.  The only rebuttal to this is for whites to ignore the truth, which is what that Fox commentator did.

People like this are why Donald Trump has a very good chance of winning this election because Liberals have overestimated the civility, tolerance and honesty of millions of Americans who have no problem with a con man who has figured out a way not to pay his taxes, a bigot who thinks all minorities should be kept in check, a wise-cracker  who has no problem bad mouthing women and gays, a bully who thinks America should throw its weight around when it come to foreign affairs. That's the "tails" on one side of the American coin. The "heads" on the other side represent those who secretly feel the same way but are trying to rise above it by being humanists instead of religious hypocrites. 

America is a big unfunny joke and everybody is crazy but me! :wacko::P

• Like 2

I don't believe White people are a monolith......
Sure they tend to be MORE united than Black people because unlike most Black people who've been taught since the Civil Right's era to DISTRUST Western Civilization....most Whites are still pretty much taught to REVERE Western Civilization (the morals, laws, social customs, ect....); but there are a lot of independant minded White people who are just as fed up and disappointed and even down right angry with the system as Blacks, Native Americans, and others.
Many others are also very angry about the injustices they see being done to Black people and other ethnic groups and want to help.

However one of the problems is a lot of Black people who try publicly speak on the frustrations of Black America tend to be either:

1. Very passionate and angry but not very articulate.
They don't come across to the greater population as "intelligent" while expressing themselves.
And these type of people White folk usually automatically tune out.

or

2. Very intelligent and articulate but too "soft", too reserved, and because they're too careful not offend White people so they don't really tell it "like it is".
And although most Whites will take time to listen to this type, it doesn't give them an accurate understanding of the problem or how the community really feels about an issue because the so-called speaker isn't bold enough or accurate enough.

We need Black people who are not just intelligent enough and bold enough but ARTICULATE enough to adequately express the concerns of Black America to those outside of our community effectively.

Quannell....from what I've seen of his interviews and street confrontations seem to be able to do BOTH.
One of the reasons Malcolm X was so effective and respected among Blacks AND Whites (even if they didn't like him they had to respect his intellectual sharpness), was because he was not only accurate and intelligent and articulate but he managed to do it in a bold and uncompromising fashion that adequately expressed the frustrations of Black America at that time.

As far as re-considering America.......

This is MY nation.
I'm not leaving it....period....except for vacation, lol.

It's not their LOCATION that Black folks need to change, it's their MENTALITY.
It doesn't matter where our people go, as long as they maintain the same "slave" like mentality of constantly looking to White people to feed them, protect them, and educate them.....they're going to continue to be taken advantage of and victimized.

Look at continental Africa or Haiti and how so many Black folks on their OWN land with no one to answer to but eachother are STILL trapped in poverty and debt.
Why?
Because they look to Western governments to provide money and food and other resources for their support instead of building their own system on the land God provided.

Many of these nations have been "technically" out from under colonial rule for decades and STILL maintain the legal system and social customs of the same Europeans who colonized, them instead of trying to design a new better one for themselves.

Black people occupy positions in just about every level in the legal and political system from the police on the street all the way up to the White House.

If the legal or political system isn't working for us, WE can change it for force the change through.
If the educational system of financial system isn't working for us, WE can change it and force it through.

Nothing is keeping us from taking our destiny in our own hands as a group besides pure mental laziness.

• Like 1

Cynique brought up an interesting point concerining "suicide by cop".

I think a lot of these cop killings probably were instigated by Black men who were so tired of their conditions that they wanted to die but didn't want to bear the full responsiblity of "offing" themselves.
I don't know but something tells me that the Alfred Olango case in San Diego where the brother pulled an e-cigarette and pointed it at an armed cop as if it were a gun may have been another case of this.

Many young Black men today are just tired.
They're tired of living in a society where they are surrounded by wealth and success but they don't see a way THEY can achieve it and they feel that no one is "teaching" them how to achieve it so they go out and try to get it on their own and the system punishes them for it.

They're tired of trying to make it in a society that is just too complex and unforgiving and many are just giving up.

Pioneer as soon as that Black person who is intelligent, articulate, and angry gets enough people behind them who are activity doing something they are murdered.  This is why Malcolm, Martin, Hampton, and others were murdered.  This is also why Obama has nothing to fear.  

If Quanell X's organization becomes effective, we'll need to protect him, or he'll be gunned down too. 

Pioneer EVERYONE is giving up--not just poor Black people.  White people who lost their homes and who can't afford college have lost hope.  

The BS in the news about lower unemployment is propaganda, to make people think everything is OK; and that they must be the exception and are doing something wrong, when in reality most people are struggling!

I'm struggling to make a web based business thrive, something that is becoming increasingly more difficult over the years.  Rather than many indie websites being able to thrive and provide jobs and revenue for others; we have mega-corporation concentrating the wealth and opportunities in the hand of a few.  Oh and before you tell me how many jobs they provide, you better look at the numbers of Black people they employ and the communities they serve.

Too bad somebody other than an egocentric buffoon like Donald Trump hasn't filled the void for disillusioned people fed up with the status quo.  Also too bad Bernie Sanders didn't captivate the pessimists with his pie-in-the-sky promises. What's really too bad is that neither of these 2 represent anything other than the faces of dissatisfaction. They, and nobody else can't fix America, a country that has outgrown its viability and whose problems defy solutions because the logistics of reform are overwhelming.  While one percent of the population is thriving, the rest are in the various stages of surviving and this is not going to drastically change. America will continue "to do what it do" and change will evolve on its own. IMO.

Agreed, but we already know, because of the hacking of the DNC's email server, some of the underhanded tactics HIllary folks used to harpoon Saunders.  On the republican side, Trump represented the exact opposite of the status quo; which is another weakness of Hillary.

America can be fixed but the people will need to do it by becoming organized and wresting control of the government from the control of 1% (1/10 of 1% more likely).  

Perhaps after the objective failure of the Clinton or the Trump presidency the American people might be primed to do what is really necessary to improve conditions for the majority of us.

Part of the problem is society in general is starting to become to complicated or too complex for the average person to navigate and it's frustating the hell out of so many people.

Anytime you can't just throw a piece of garbage away....
You don't have just ONE garbage anymore.
You have 3 or 4 containers and you have to stop and try to figure out which one the paper goes in and which one the plastic goes in and you have some asshole standing off to the side actually frowing at you if you put the wrong thing in the wrong container as if YOU (not Exxon) are responsible for polluting the planet....lol.
A lot of people are just saying "fuck it" and throwing trash on the ground or out the window again.

As if it wasn't stressful enough to drive (especially while Black) now they've added "bike lanes" all over the place so you have to constantly be on the look out for people on bikes and veer into the opposite lane just to provide a safe enough space not to hit them by accident.

Yeah, people are frustrated as society becomes more complicated but they aren't seeing much benefit from the added worry....so this causes a lot of people to question is it all really worth it.

As far as intelligent out spoken Black men being targeted.
I can't say that you're wrong...but I don't want to say you're right either because to concede to that would almost make the situation seem hopeless.

• Like 1