Eddie Green The Rise of an Early 1900s Black American Entertainment Pioneer

Guest Elva D. Green

Guest Elva D. Green

I am requesting a review of my first book, a biography of my father.

Title: Eddie Green The Rise of an Early 1900s Black American Entertainment Pioneer

ISBN: 978-1-59393-966-3

Publication Date: July 15, 2016

Book Description: This is an inspiring rags-to-riches biography of legendary Eddie Green, pioneering Black filmmaker, movie and Broadway star, Old Time Radio icon, and composer, who rose against all odds from poverty to prominence with talent and determination to become one of America's most beloved comedians.

A good man is hard to find, as the famous 1919 song by Eddie Green attests, but the pioneering entertainer established himself as the living portrait of all that is admirable. His legacy new inspires a whole new generation.

In an era when Black entertainers struggled to gain a foothold in show business, Eddie rivaled Oscar Micheaux for honors as a pioneering Black filmmaker who wrote, directed, produced and acted in five of his own movies from his Sepia Art Pictures studio in New Jersey and from his Sepia Production, Inc. studio in Los Angeles. He appeared in movies for Warner Bros. Vitaphone, and Paramount's 1945 movie Duffy's Tavern.Audiences from the Apollo to Broadway propelled Eddie into two of America's most popular long-running radio series,  This book was written as a source of inspiration and as a way to bring Eddie's name out of the shadows into the well-deserved spotlight.

"What a remarkable and seamless blend of personal thoughts and feelings you captured (which added such warmth and life to the book) while at the same time maintaining an objective distance that made the book impartial and educational and Eddie Green captivating." __ Email from Patricia of YesterdayUSA Internet radio.

• 2 months later...