The Best Of Soul Train - Trailer

Outstanding! Soul Train was so hip back in the day (just as Live at the Apollo was). The music was fresh, original, creative and fueled by super talented artists and musicians. Tragically, all of it has been replaced by a contemporary deficient culture of buffoonery and coonery. So sad......

I watched most of the 3 set DVD. It was really interesting to see how quickly the culture changed as depicted in the dress, hair styles (the women went form mostly natural to mostly relaxed) and even the commercials changed from the early to late 70's. The funniest commercial was one where Frederick Douglas came back to chastise a Brother on the condition of his 'fro.

I also did not know that Soul Train broadcast until 2004 or 5. I stopped watching it in the late 70's, I'm not sure why. I think I was spending less time in front of the TV. But is may have been I did not care for the artists they showcased every much -- probably too much into rap, I'm not really sure.

I liked seeing the Isely Brothers, Sly and the Family Stone (looks like they performed live too, while many of the performers lip synched). They interviews were really interesting too. James Brown had some really big plans for helping Black folks back in the day -- even saying that he was going to stop performing to concentrate on this work (if I heard correctly).

Well worth watching.