Obama's Legacy: What He Accomplished

Troy

OBAMA’S LEGACY

What He Accomplished

By Michael I. Days

“Now, as a nation, we don't promise equal outcomes, but we were founded on the idea everybody should have an equal opportunity to succeed. No matter who you are, what you look like, where you come from, you can make it. That's an essential promise of America. Where you start should not determine where you end up.”

-Barack H. Obama, 44th President, United States

On Friday, January 20th, as his historic presidency comes to a close, the Commander-in-Chief, Barack Hussein Obama, will retire as the 44th President of the United States of America.  OBAMA’S LEGACY by Michael I. Days, Editor of the Philadelphia Daily News, (Center Street, September 13, 2016, ISBN: 9781455596621) offers an objective and comprehensive overview of Barack Obama’s eight years in office.  OBAMA’S LEGACY is a compelling summary of the President’s many achievements in education, defense, justice, labor, homeland security, agriculture and stimulating the United States’ economy.

9781455596621.jpgObama’s credits include:

·       The longest continuous period of job growth in U.S. history

·       A two-thirds reduction in the federal budget deficit 

·       Rebounding of the stock market to record highs following the record lows of the recession under his predecessor

·       Implementing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

·       Overseeing the expansion of America’s LGBT rights

While enduring unprecedented attacks, open defiance and racially charged commentary from political colleagues as well as some in the media, President Obama’s legacy is both transformative and historic.

Through it all, the President who campaigned on a slogan of 'Yes, We Can!' has persevered in his determination to make a difference and left an indelible mark on American politics and the world. OBAMA’S LEGACY is an important book and an invaluable record of the Obama presidency.

MICHAEL I. DAYS is editor of the Philadelphia Daily News. Under his leadership, the Daily News has won dozens of national, state, and local awards, including the Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting in 2010. He sits on the national board of the Associated Press Media Editors and is the former editor of its quarterly magazine, APME NEWS. Days has been a frequent guest and commentator on radio and television in the Philadelphia market and is a sought-after speaker, panelist, and moderator in many venues. 

OBAMA’S LEGACY

Michael I. Days

ISBN: 9781455596621

$27.00

Hardcover, 289 pages