Book Review

Hello AALBC Family,

I am a self-published author seeking the opportunity to have my urban fiction novel reviewed by your team. Besides living my dream as a published author, I am an avid reader with over 300 physical books in my personal library, and I am also an editor, proofreader, and ghostwriter. When I am not consumed in reading and writing, I am studying hard in hopes of completing the MBA program within a year. I currently have a bachelor's in accounting.  I am in need of African American book clubs to connect with fellow authors and readers. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future. Peace and Blessings.

Name/Author: Yasheca Lasha

Title: The Heart Don't Lie: Jewels' Dilemma

ISBN-13: 978-1537466798

Publications Date: Kindle (10/22/16) Paperback (10/24/16)

Book Cover: I am getting an error message and so I am unable to upload the book cover. However, the book cover and synopsis can be found on my website http://www.therealyasheca.com

Synopsis: I am getting an error message and so I am unable to upload the book cover.

SYNOPSIS

the-heart-dont-like.jpg Jewels is an around-the-way girl who prides herself on being the sexiest amongst her crew. Black, is her tall, dark, and handsome lover who will do anything to protect her. She soon discovers that loving a man like Black, a drug dealer, comes with many ups and downs.

After learning of Black’s infidelities with another woman in the bed they shared, Jewels decides to get revenge by playing the field. Things take an unexpected turn and spiral out of control when she meets LaShaun, and her sexuality is tested. 

Relationships are ruined and friendships are destroyed, as Jewels struggles to figure out who really has her back. She soon discovers that nothing is safe when it comes to matters of the heart.

The Heart Don’t Lie: Jewels’ Dilemma, becomes a roller coaster ride full of twists and suspense, as the unveiling of adultery, murder, sex, and drugs begin to consume Jewels’ almost perfect world.

Hi @Yasheca LaSha, I'm sorry you had difficulty adding and image.  I added your book's cover.

It is possible the image you were attempting to add exceeded the maximum allowable size I allow, but the error message would have said that.  There may have been some other problem with the image.  If you have an opportunity it would be helpful to me if you send me the error message you got so that I can track down the cause of the problem.

Thanks for sharing information about your work, if we decide to review the book I'll follow up with the email address you used to sign up here.

• Like 1