Black Thanksgiving Day.

Thanksgiving Day,Family And Friends Gathered To Talk.And Eat. With  The Lack Of No Justice  And No Equality ,Have Respect For The Civil Rights Sacrificers Years Ago,Being Beaten,Jailed And Lynched. The Soldiers In The Middle East . Black Soldiers Helping Other People Have Freedom,With They Do Not Have Justice In Their Own Country. The Great Harriet Tubman Leading Escaped Slaves Through The Underground Railroad..Blessed To Have Shelter,Clothes And Food. School Bus Crashed In Chatanooga,Tennessee ,Black Children Killed. Black Man Driving School Bus,Will Be Arrested . News Said He Might Have Been Driving Fast. If He Is Responsible, He Should Get A Life Sentence. When Children Are Killed, It Really Gets To Me.

I celebrated Thanks Giving as a kid because my family did.
When I became an adult...I stopped.

I didn't stop for political or religious reasons, I just didn't have an interest in it.
If I don't find an interest or relevance to something....I don't do it...plain and simple.

I don't knock others who DO celebrate, I'll even come over your home for a meal or two if you invite me....but I just don't get all "into it" like so many others do.
As far as I'm concerned it's just another day.

I don't even celebrate my birthday that much.
Others tend to celebrate it more than I do.
Friends and family be urging me on to get with the program and atleast ACT excited.....lol.

• Like 2

Me too.  I also don't like being, or seeing, people being manipulated in ways that do not serve them.

With the Small business Tuesday, Cyber Monday, Black Friday, whatever it is all just an excuse to get people to spend money they don't have, or which could go to better use, for things they don't need just to boost the profits of some corporation.  

Now, of course, I like getting together with family and friends over the holidays (because they get the time off), but I don't need some stupid, fiction, myth as an excuse to do it.  

But hey if folks get excited about your birthday, what harm is it to enjoy the love they give, if it makes them happy?