THE CRESS THEORY: SURVIVING RACISM IN THE 21ST CENTURY

Guest Colossill

As I have previously mentioned, I attended the U. of IL. with Frances Cress Welsing's  sister, Lorne, and met Frances once when she came down to this campus for a homecoming weekend.  As I recall she was, at that time, a rather shy person who smiled a lot, somewhat overshadowed by her older sister.  Well, obviously time brings change. Anyway,  I have to admit that I just now watched this video by Welsing, having not done so before because I just kept putting it off, suspecting that I wouldn't hear anything new.  And I didn't.

What struck me about Welsing's lecture was that, to me, she was preaching to the choir.  I think  a suspicion of white folks is in the DNA of slave descendants, and they've always understood that the white race feels threatened by the dark ones, which is why it is so determined to maintain control because it doesn't want people of color to obliterate and devalue whiteness or, back  in the day, to stage a slave revolt or later on to integrate with them. In other words, what she is pontificating about is not a great revelation! (Not to mention that everybody knows that the human species originated in Africa!) The late Frances Cress Welsing was a couple of years younger than me, and i wonder how long it took her reach these obvious conclusions.Of course maybe younger people need to be educated to the situation just in case they've been lucky enough or in denial enough to have not noticed or experienced racial prejudice at the hands of the dominate white society.

In the present, how black people cope with racism takes many forms but presenting a united front against their oppressors never gets very far because it was also in the DNA of slaves with guile to devise ways to "trick da massa", an endeavor that in its modern reincarnation consists of slave descendants circumventing racism by acting in their own personal interests and figuring out individual ways to infiltrate The System.

I also happen to think that in the distant future, white skin will eventually disappear and numerous subtle shades of non-whiteness will come about.  This will be when class alone determines who will rule and oppress, and the multi-hued upper class will be who does so.

Hummm. Sounds like a plot for a sci-fi movie.  Just some thoughts, however, of an old black woman disillusioned by a resurgence of white nationalism.                                                                                           

• Like 1

In order to survive racism you must first RECOGNIZE it and where it's coming from.
Much of the racism you'll encounter in society won't even come from White people!
Many Asians, Arabs, Latinos, and even other Blacks are racist and anti-Black people too!

This is especially noticeable in the American Asian community.
Sometimes I think White leaders are grooming Asians to maintain White/Light supremacy in society.

When I look at the Asian American community, many of them have adopted many the suble, snobbish, and smug expressions of racism and anti-Blackness that even most Whites now know not to exhibit!

Don't get me wrong, I've met many Asians who were very cool, open minded, and fair.
But there are some who almost seem to worship White people and White culture.

In a sense...many of them are "out Whiting" White people in terms of attitude and behavior.
They've adopted and embraced much of the culture and attitudes many White people abandoned generations ago.   Many Asian parents encourage their children to study classical European music and history and use it as a standard of civility.

On 12/7/2016 at 5:34 AM, Troy said:

Of course, what you describe Pioneer is the mentality of the colonized people.  They adopt the attitudes of the imperialist.

That is a weak and over simplification of the facts Troy. I know Negroes obsess over attributing any dysfunctional with black people (or non-whites) to whites. The Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Koreans, etc, are not colonized people. At one time, yes, they did experience white imperialism. But not now. They are all powerful juggernauts on the world's political and economic stage.

I can personally tell you Asians obsess over light and bright skin....JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER NON-WHITE GROUP! They always have! I should know, I've lived and been to Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, et al. Yes, I know the nefarious Negro rationalization is, "Da white man taught them to be like that!"  There has never been a point in the history of the majority of non-white people when they did not show a preference for lighter skin. There are over one billion people in Pakistan and India and they are just as bad as Asians, Latins and Negroes when it comes to the light vs dark conundrum!  As far as looking to whites as being superior...uhhhhh...yes, Asians do believe that. They look at whites as leaders and innovators in technology, medicine, economics and culture. But don't get it confused.  Although they see whites as being a superior group -they feel superior to whites! And please don't ask me what they think of Negroes unless you want your feelings hurt. Ha! Just sayin'.....

• Like 2

Xeon, I've been to Japan, China, and a few countries in Africa.  The Japanese run Japan, The Chinese run China, but sadly, Europeans still run Africa.  This is a very significant difference and perhaps explains why those Asians you mentioned believe they are superior to whites folks.  While we show little indication that we even value our own lives...

Closer to home in our own communities they own the property, the business, and run our schools.   They control our media.  Great masses of our people  seem to be possessed by handheld devices controlled by corporations who are literally making billions of dollars feeding them nonsense 24/7.

Nah, the source of much of our difficulty is indeed pretty simple.  What has proven intractable are solutions.

• Like 1

“The Japanese run Japan, The Chinese run China, but sadly, Europeans still run Africa.  This is a very significant difference and perhaps explains why those Asians you mentioned believe they are superior to whites folks.”  

True. The Asians are very smart, technical, resourceful and have a work ethic that cannot be beaten. The Chinese are making huge inroads in Africa. They are the ones providing the technology for building infrastructures, advanced shipping ports, hydro-power plants and dams, extraction oil and mining of exotic minerals, etc. The black Africans are just bystanders in their own countries since they lack the technology to develop and exploit their own vast natural resources. So, the Europeans and Asians come in and do it for them… at a VERY STEEP PRICE! The despot corrupt black African governments reap the scraps off the table while their own people are mired in a bottomless swamp of poverty, ignorance and disease. There is absolutely no indication this inexcusable entrenched tradition will change….

“While we show little indication that we even value our own lives...”

Sigh…well…your statement is a perfect example of fact and raw reality. Negroes have no respect for themselves (as a group). No need to further pontificate. Oakland, Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Memphis, St. Louis, Washington DC and Baltimore provide all the incontrovertible evidence. E’nuff said…

“Closer to home in our own communities they own the property, the business, and run our schools.   They control our media.  Great masses of our people  seem to be possessed by handheld devices controlled by corporations who are literally making billions of dollars feeding them nonsense 24/7.”

True. And Negroes seem to be content with this arrangement since as a group, they have done nothing to stem or reverse it. All racial/ethnic groups  control the commerce and business in their communities –except the American Negro. Whites, Jews, Arabs and Asians control and establish small stores and businesses within black America. Negroes are just consumers and customers. End of subject…

“Nah, the source of much of our difficulty is indeed pretty simple.  What has proven intractable are solutions.”

Ha! Ya think?! The conversation and debate is exactly the same as it was in 1970. Nothing has changed. It leads one to a very ugly and dismal conclusion….

• Like 2

All things considered, by calling on imagination and speculation, a loose scenario could be concocted about why and how we are where we are.  As the cradle of civilization, Africa is where the human species originated. The mutations of the first species were new breeds who struck out on their own, migrating into different terrains, learning to adapt and prevail. Caucasian and Asians who are the descendants of these mutations evolved into people who conquered and cultivated the unfamiliar and made it their land, then aggressively sought new lands to explore. Meanwhile, the original species remained rooted in its native environment and developed in accordance with what this called for. But when it came to preventing others from invading and looting their turf, they lacked what it took to protect and hold on to what was theirs. And, somehow, in the course of things, their black skin perhaps came to be associated with the ominous nature of darkness by those who recoiled from what was not bright like the sun or luminous like the moon. Likewise, those with dark skin rejected those with light skin who did not have the same physical traits as they. Over the course of time, this natural dislike of the unlike sowed the seeds of racial prejudice, and the rest is history.   

In modern times, black people as individuals can compete with the best of them, but as a race, something lacking in their DNA seems to stunt them, making them susceptible to exploitation and discrimination by outsiders. In the grand scheme of things, however, it is not a question of superiority or inferiority, but simply a matter of circumstances that caused the Negroid species to be different from the ones that sprung from it.  

Blacks brought to this country in chains and those descended from them are like strangers in a strange land. They are America's step children and have never been fully taken to the bosom of the white motherland. So they remain on the bottom of the heap because The System that oppresses their kind is not designed to accept them as equals.   :wacko::(:angry:  

Xeon

You say the Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans are no longer colonized people but nearly all of their technology and even most of their social customs today come from Western civilization.
They are among the biggest "imitators" of the West to the point that there is no need for the West to FORCE their values on them anymore as they did in the past because now Asians readily accept them as superior to their own.

White men are still going to Asia and taking Asian women in mass numbers to be their wives and sex toys as the original European colonizers did in the past.

Western corporations are in Asia right now exploiting  millions of in Japan, China, and Korean who are basically being forced by their own government to work for these corporations as an opportunity to move into the middle class....which basically makes them slaves twice removed.

Can you provide any authentic information that documents East Asian cultures (Japan, China, Korea) or Native American (either North or South) cultures being obsessed with White/light skin or European features and behaviors BEFORE European colonization forced it on them?

I would have included South Asian cultures in that challenge too but I know that Indo European Aryans brought White supremacy to South Asian millenia ago so they were already conditioned when the British arrived.

Most indigenous communities (communities that haven't been indoctrinated by Western civilization) around the world see White or European culture as not only weak and inferior but perverted and unnatural.