700 DEAD In Chicago.

News Says 700 Homicides In Chicago. The President Is Black,U. S. Attorney General Is Black, Black Man Over Homeland Security, I Think. None Of Them Saying Street Gangs Are Domestic Terror And Should Be In A Federal Prison..Politicians,NAACP, Black Churches Don't Care..Maybe,Thats  Why Some Did Not Vote. In New Orleans,Former N F L Football Player Was Shot And Killed By A Black Man..He Was Released Claiming Self Defense. If He Shot Someone White He Would Be In Jail. New Orleans Is As Murderous As Chicago..FUHR Trump And His Klan Supporters,Can Watch And Celebrate...Let These People Genocide,Themselves..

• Like 1

Well, you're wrong for a number of reasons.Having a black president and head of HS has nothing to do with violent Negro thugs in the street and the dysfunctional toxic culture that spawned them. But I do agree with you for suggesting they be declared domestic terrorists and be treated as such. But ACLU, NAACP and rank and file Negroes would hysterically rebel and claim racism. Simple fact. The former NFL running back, McNight, was shot and killed by a white man -not a black man. Had the man who killed McNight been black -YOU AND ANYONE ELSE READING THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT!! Just like you know nothing about the 700 (and counting!) black people murdered in Chicago. Negroes killing other Negroes is business as usual and...well...boring. No one cares -not even Negroes. But white person killing a Negro is a man bites dog story! That's just the way it is. "Black Lives Matter" (the ultimate farce and contradiction) ONLY WHEN THE VICTIM IS BLACK AND THE PERPETRATOR IS WHITE! END...OF...SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

A letter from a retired police detective recently appeared on the editorial page of the Chicago Sun-Times.  He wrote that he spoke from experience when saying that nothing will change usless black people stop obsessing about highly-publicized "isolated" incidents involving poorly-trained cops and realize,  instead, that their real nemesis is more likely to be someone they know; someone who lives down the street from them, someone who they went to school with, someone who infringed on their territory or messed with their girlfriend or did something that disrespected them or even someone who is related to them. This detective contended that the epidemic of black-on-black-crime is occurring because settling personal differences with a gun is now a way of life in the black community, and this includes encounters with police where many of those with warrants arm themselves in order to resist arrest in case of being stopped.  

The letter didn't indicate what race the detective was and, of course, it could be said that he is minimizing the danger of "driving while black". But everything else he said is something to think about. Guns are the main problem.  They do kill people, because in the inner cities they are in the hands of people who place no value on human life.  And there seems to be no effective way to  reverse this tragic situation.

• Like 1

I truly believe the profit-seeking, corporate-controlled, emotion-driven, social media-fueled "news" we consume is the problem.  

Social media distorts the truth in such a way that we have no clue what our problems are or what the solutions could be; which is why 1/2 the country believes Donald Trump is the answer to ur prayers.

• Like 1

which is why 1/2 the country believes Donald Trump is the answer to ur prayers

A lot of people.....infact a lot of BLACK PEOPLE...support Trump believing that he'll be a strong "law and order" President who will solve the crime and violence problem by taking a heavy handed approach and dropping the hammer on criminals.

What they DON'T understand about Donald Trump and other Republicans who preach law and order is:

a) They don't really mean what they say.
Rather than being tough on crime most Republicans actually INCREASE crime because the policies they institute create more poverty and desperation which breeds more crime.

b ) Republicans actually BENEFIT from crime waves because when a society is gripped with fear it's easier to control and the people will tolerate a lot more abuses than they ordinarily would.  So the oppressive and usually fascist policies of locking people up and slashing welfare and social services which would usually draw outrage from the public is often readily welcomed by society as a way of punishing the "criminals".

• Like 2

I agree. but the only distinction I would make is rather than say Republicans, I would say oligarchs simply because there are some very decent people who are republicans and who are under the same boot we are under. They just disagree with the tactics to improve the country.  

The notion that all republicans agree with the likes of a Trump or are all white racists just feeds into the hands of the Trumps and the other who exploit the country to enrich themselves

Guest Identify_as_American

Republicans, Democrats, whatever, very few of them are working for us. And by us, I mean Americans, who, by and large are not very wealthy. Identity politics are only creating strife, and will never solve our problems. We might figure out we have power if we work together as Americans. White, Black, Hispanic, Christian, Muslim, Homosexual, Cisgender, whatever.

• Like 1

Guest, I agree 100%.  I'd even take it further and say we need to identify as Humans and behave as if we are all in the same tribe.  

But that is a tall order, just like trying to get all Americans to behave as if we are all on the same team.   We can't even get people in the same community (west/south sides of Chicago) to work together long enough to stop shooting each other.  Some of us can even get our own families to cooperate with each other

How are we gonna get the majority of American to work together--even if it is against such a serious threat?

• Like 1

Offering simple solutions to complicated problems is just a form of marching in place, because such solutions aren't going anywhere.  

In the aftermath of the November election, Americans are going crazy. Some are increasingly suffering from delusions created by the fake news of pathological liars. Many are in the throes of depression brought on by the prospect of an egomaniacal president. Rampant conspiracy theories are fueling the paranoia of others. Everyone seems united in different states of insanity. And worst of all, the inmates are poised to start running the asylum. Freud help us!
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 3:47 PM, Cynique said:

A letter from a retired police detective recently appeared on the editorial page of the Chicago Sun-Times.  He wrote that he spoke from experience when saying that nothing will change usless black people stop obsessing about highly-publicized "isolated" incidents involving poorly-trained cops and realize,  instead, that their real nemesis is more likely to be someone they know; someone who......

The letter didn't indicate what race the detective was and, of course, it could be said that he is minimizing the danger of "driving while black". But everything else he said is something to think about. Guns are the main problem.  They do kill people,....

Could not have said it better. The total and absolute truth. Thank you Ms. Cynique for posting this most factual yet denied and ignored fact...

If we want to talk about how many Black people kill eachother, we should also talk about how many White people kill eachother AND THEMSELVES through suicide.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say that people shouldn't minimize the major role the racist U.S. media plays in hyping up Black violence and criminality to the public.
A good example is what i just saw tonight by the New York Post.

The headline reads:

Woman stuffed 61-year-old lady’s head in a trash can: cops

And the story comes with this picture....

f819f5276bc6b3ddd2a4fe03c0cabdcf

Which leads the public to believe that this young Black woman cut off some 61 year old woman's head (whom they didn't show) and stuffed it in a trash can.

After reading about so many horrendous things in the media, most people will see this headline and the picture attached to it, store it in their memory and basically move on to something more interesting without actually reading the details of what happened.
Others may mention the story to friends during casual conversation or at work.
But all they'll remember is some young Black woman being caught putting a 61 year old's head in a trash can.

However when you actually read the entire article you realize that there was a fight and she tried to stuff the woman in the garbage can head first.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/90f1cdfd-32ee-36ca-959f-fa607a0b065a/ss_woman-stuffed-61-year-old.html

So why would they flash a local story like that with intentionally misleading information, put the picture and name of a woman up there who is still a "suspect" and hasn't even been convicted of a crime yet, and even make it national news?

Because it's part of the overall theme to put a Black face of violence and criminality.
It also destroys the self esteem of many Black youth by subconciously assigning to them the role of criminal and social deviant.

And that's probably not even the picture of the woman the New York Post is accusing of the crime.
I've been seeing quite a few "fake news" stories lately where pictures of innocent people are just being outright posted along with stories unrelated to them.

Pioneer STOP READING THE NEW YORK POST.

Dude, I live in NY and don't read that paper (despite them having what I recall was an excellent sports section). I don't think they have a racist agenda, at least none more than and other tabloids.

Their headlines are was designed to sell papers, not to inform or enlighten, but to entertain the poorly educated masses. 

Complaining about the NY Posts' scandalous and misleading headlines is like complaining about the fake news on social media--this is how they make money and it is not about to change.

Troy

I only brought that example up as an illustration of how the media uses subtle racism to influence the public.
Ofcourse I don't take most of what I read in the New York Post seriously, it's sensationalism at it's best.
Infact, I'd consider it one step above tabloid journalism.  However, you or I refusing to read it doesn't negate the fact that hundreds of thousands if not millions of others DO read it and are being influenced by it to various degrees.

If the New York Post is churning out biased news and racist propaganda....
Don't we have a duty to monitor it and challenge it's poisonous content rather than ignore it and dismiss it as ridiculous while it's toxic influence spreads like a plague?

Black New Yorkers should be at the forefront of condeming such right wing media propaganda.

• Like 1

Unfortunately @Pioneer1, trying to tell people to stop reading the NY Post, is like telling people not to consume news on social media--it is largely a waste of time.

I think part of the reason is that many people, are uninterested or incapable of consuming news from The Wall Street Journal or the New York Times (New York's non-tabloid mainstream newspapers); the articles are too long, use big words, and cover boring subjects.  

The Post and social media present news that a 5th grader can easily read and they put a sensational slant on everything.  There is a market for this and it is very lucrative, so it will always be present, in one form or another--unless there is a seismic upgrade in the level of quality of education of Americans.