Questions for Xeon

• 2 weeks later...

Troy

I posted these questions to Xeon LAST YEAR and he STILL hasn't responded.....lol.

I've used the term Negro myself from time to time as well as the word "nigga" too.  But it's not so much about whether or not I like the term, my focus is on his intent for using it and why he chose THAT term as opposed to "Black" or "African American" or "AfroAmerican".

As I pointed out, Asians used to be refered to as "orientals" and "Chinamen" yet I don't recall Xeon ever using those old outdated terms for them.

But I recon you and I can only speculate as to why he favors this term "negro" since he seems incapable.....for the moment...of telling us why himself.

@Pioneer1Xeon has a history of not being a regular poster but one who pops up from time to time, so he may not check in here that often.   

Nowadays, it is my perception that with "Black" and "African American" being the labels of choice, the use of "negro" harks back to the past and is currently viewed as a derogatory term used in lieu of "low life" or "Uncle Tom". That was how I always interpreted  Xeon's use of this word. Coincidentally, since Xeon always took the role of a critic, people whom he relegated to being low lifes or Uncle Toms were all he ever commented on so his use of the word "negro" dominated his conversation.