God Damn America

Well, in a matter of hours, Donald Trump will officially become the next president of the Divided States of America and the head of a Republican regime that is about to take control of the country. What does the future hold?  For one thing, forget about traditions and civility and fairness. It's a new day and none of the old rules will apply because the boorish, narcissist commander-in-chief makes his own rules. Those in control will simply do as they please and will not be held accountable because there is no defense when lies replace truth, thereby creating a new reality.  Meanwhile, vindictiveness will vindicate the resentment of the political correctness harbored by the overlooked Americans who felt insecure about the benefits of the white skin that now emboldens their bigotry.  Diversity will be viewed as an inconvenience, and uniformity will reward the cookie-cutter herd as identity politics languish in defeat. Progressives will be left to regroup, faced with the monumental chore of defeating their opponents in a battle for the minds of the vast community of "have-nots".  And their only weapons will be promises to accomplish the daunting task of providing jobs and health care. Promises that logistics will render empty.

Obviously, the future will be different but will different mean better or worse?  Will a situation come about wherein things will get better because they can't get any worse.  Who knows?  The only thing that is certain is uncertainty.

.Based on cabinet picks, there is nothing to encourage optimism in regard to the new administration eliminating the black-on-black crime that is decimating the inner cities, or improving the education of black children, or providing jobs for the idle. Or will the plans to dismantle Planned Parenthood do anything to reduce the problems that stem from the proliferation of fatherless children. These issues would require the attention and resources that Conservatives are historically reluctant to provide. All black people can do is to make the best of a bad situation and seize any opportunity to emulate their adversaries by serving their own self-interest through deception and a disregard for ethics. This has now become the America way.  

• Like 2

Oh well, Cynique - You'd better draw the curtains and barricade your doors, because it's quite obvious that the sky's a-fallin' and the end of the world is surely nigh.  And make sure you're stocked up on plenty of cat food and kitty litter.  LOLOLs

Black people always found a way to survive and even thrive under much more adverse conditions than a Trump presidency.

Someone asked Dick Gregory what he thought, now that Trump is president.  Dick was like what is there to say, "it's all over..."

• Like 1

If There Is A Spirit World,If Harriet Gunman,Frederick Douglass,Dr. King,Could See How Things Have Gotten.. ..Dr. Benjamin Mayes Said Black People Should Pool Their Money Together,W.E.B. Dubois The Talent Tenth,,Black Unity Seems Beyond Impossible,,Even With Satan,The Devil.Himself About Be Sworn In As The President. Anti Christ...

I can't condemn America.
America is my home.
If there's something going on in my home that I don't like.....I don't leave it, I try to change it.

The differences between how conservative Republicans think and how liberals and "minorities" think is stark and striking.

When Republicans lose an election, conservatives immediately regroup and plan how to "take back" their nation and regain the reigns of power.

When Democrats lose an election, most liberals are quick to give up and talk about leaving the country and moving to Canada or submit to being victims that drift around in whichever direction the winds of political change may blow them.

@Pioneer1What is it that you going to try and do to change your "beloved" homeland that is now in the grip of rich white men ready to reinstate their domination and implicit racial supremacy? Funny, it's not just the election that has alienated me from this country. I've never felt totally connected to America or much less had any love for it. Nor have I ever found anything particularly admirable about it. It's just a terrain where the powers-that-be engage in hegemony by meddling in the affairs of other countries engaging in ongoing wars on foreign soil, -  the land of a greedy capitalistic society  entrenched with institutionalized racism. This has been the case my whole life.  I just live here because it's convenient

Conservatives didn't come together and unite to wrest the country back form the Liberals. Trump's election was a fluke and nobody was more surprised than Republicans who opposed him and were fighting among themselves, the party was in disarray until Trump surprised everyone by getting "elected", spurring his former foes to abandon their principles by jumping on the bandwagon.  

From what I see on social media Progressives are on the march, ready to take up the fight and organize a counter culture to monitor and challenge Trump and his henchmen.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

"Now" in their grips?????

Lol...since when has the United States NOT been in the hands of greedy White men who sought to maintain and dominance?

As Troy pointed out, Black people have seen this and worse since the founding of this nation.
The worse Trump can do is just take the mask off what has been going on for centuries and make that which was covert for a while more overt again.
Which probably wouldn't be such a bad thing since so many people don't even believe let alone understand what really goes on unless it's presented to them in a literal and quite graphic manner.  Often times through direct experience.

The average Trump voter.....
You can talk to them until you're blue in the face and still not convince them they're making a mistake.
But which their medical coverage is dropped.....they'll understand their mistake clearly and QUICKLY.
When that social security check is cut off an that pension is snatched.....then they'll get the picture.

But to answer your question directly.....I'm not sure.
I just know this is my nation and I don't know of any other I can go running to.

But no presidential election is ever a "fluke".
I sincerely believe that every President who gets in office was chosen well in advance of the "election" by the REAL powers for that position.

• Like 2

Cynique, I'm gonna out cynic you a moment and agree with Pioneer here.  I find it a little implausible that a single individual, no matter how rich, slick, and egotistical, could have single handily taken over as president of the United States.  I don't think Trump staged this coup on his own.  We are talking about players acting at a global level.  These players are able to manipulate the minds and therefore control the behavior of people for their benefit.

I heard on the radio that there are individuals, kids actually, in India who make thousands of dollars a day creating fake news websites.  From what I know about how the WWW works this should be impossible.  So either these kids are freaking super-geniuses or something is propping these kids up... 

Corporate media freely admits they created false equivalences regarding Trump outrageous lies by covering them as if they were true and gave him far more coverage that all the other republican candidates combined.  Why did they do this?  It is not as if they don't understand journalism.  

Initially, I just thought corporate media was just being greedy by covering the Trump as his antics are a boon to ratings.  But money alone does not explain it--at least not to my satisfaction.

And what is with the obsession of monitoring Twitter for Trump news, why doesn't corporate media get him in a room and ask some substantive questions?

• Like 1

It is possible that Trump was so deep undercover that everyone forgot the  fact taht he is a billionaire .  The first act is to get rid of the   ethics commitee and repeal Universal Healthcare .  This is a paradigm shift. The former CEO of Exxon os the head of EPA .  No this is not business as usual .  Feudalism is coming back . Will  his supporters turn on him .  Maybe not. Most people arent capable if having their own opinion .  I am trying to devlope the ability to be open minded. 

Del ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson was recently named U.S. Secretary of State.  Trump selected Scott Pruitt, Oklahoma attorney general to head the EPA.  The problem here is that Pruitt is a climate change denier and fossil fuel industry supporter.

Again, the problem here is that the press tolerates conversations about man-made climate change as if it is up for debate.  Much of the country including many of our leaders don't take climate change seriously... perhaps because they consume their news from Trump's twitter feed.

• Like 1

For 53 years, sources have been insisting that President John F. Kennedy's assassination was a deed perpetrated by a cabal of men who wanted him dead because _____ .  Fill in the blank.  No matter how many investigations and hearings and theories  were set forth and books written, it has never been conclusively proved that this act was committed by anyone other than a single, disgruntled, sharp shooter named Lee Harvey Oswald. In other words Fate, as it often does,  played a trick on us and this killing was a fluke. The same with Princess Diana's death.  But the public has a hard time wrapping their brains around the idea that such momentous events can be random.  

As far as I am concerned, unless you believe in the illuminati, Trump's election was the result of unforeseen events coming together, and his "victory" was a fluke that surprised even him.  He, himself, never expected to win. That's why he kept insisting that the election was rigged and that he was the one who was a target of the media and behind the scenes machinations. His election was not the result of wily billionaires but dumb bigots feeling sorry for themselves.  When sensational unexpected things occur, they become fodder for the "aha, you can't fool me" conspiracy community quick to "romanticize" a calamity because they've seen too many movies. People feed on these type of events and all they need is for someone to come up with a concocted scenario to confirm their suspicions. 

Of course, these are conclusions reached by gut instinct and old age, both of which have convinced me that there is no rhyme or reason to Life.  Shit happens.  ;)

• Like 1