Black College Band,Trump Inauguration.

Will Black College Talladega Band Perform At The FUHR,Donald  Truman's Inauguration,Talladega College President Says Yes. There Is Some Backlash Over Black Talladega College Band Performing At That Racist Idiot Presidential Inaguration.  Why,Trump Believes That President Obama Was Born In Africa,He Supports KKK,Neo Nazi Supporting Him,People Believe He Is A NAZI,Wants To Undo What President Obama Has Done,Not Just Obamacare,News Says It Was The Black College President Decision For The Band To Perform At The Inauguration..The Next Time There Is A Klan,Nazi Trump.Rally,The Black Talladega College Band Can Perform. Talladega College Is In Alabama......

I'm sure Talladega can use the money the band will earn performing during the inauguration.  Sure, it can be argued it is blood money and one can claim Talladega has sold their souls. 

But in order to level a critique of Talladega you'd have to do the same for every Black institution that did anything for a President that you disagreed with Harry.  I bet you'd have no problem if the band marched for Bill Clinton.  Bill actually did things that harmed Black people.  Trump isn't even in office.  So far, Trump has been nothing but talk.  Now when he actually enacts legislation that hurts Black people I'm all for boycotting Trump.

For now, I say Talladega should take the money while the getting is good. Besides it is not like Black folks are lining up to support the struggling institution.

• Like 1

Are bands participating in the inaugural day parade paid anything other than their expenses? I always figured the compensation was less about finance and more about the honor and prestige, associated with such an event. For entertainers appearing at the inaugural ball, it's a different story, of course.    

According to FaceBook,  Talladega's marching band had to set up a "Go Fund" on line, in hopes of raising money for their trip to Washington.The article also said that schools wanting to participate in the inaugural day parade  had to apply for a spot which would be granted upon the committee's approval.   :o

I see Talladega desperately wanted to participate in Trump's inauguration festivities.  They did even have the money to do it and have resorted to setting up a Go Fund Me campaign with the goal of raising $75,000.  At the moment I'm writing this they have raised $354,251!  Clearly, they have a lot support despite the negative reactions from some.

Well, there's the upside: Talladega has cleared over $354K, and counting. A nice sum for a day's work.

The beauty for the Trump people is that they didn't even have to spend a penny.

I wonder if the breakdown of the Go Fund would show small contributions from a lot of people, or large contributions from a few philanthropic organizations and wealthy anonymous donors who come to the rescue in well-publicized cases such as this.   

I'm also beginning to wonder if there's a silent segment among the black population who have accepted Trump's presidency and are willing to just go along to get along. Many are star struck by the "office-of-the-president" no matter who holds  it, not to mention those who think God is in charge and He will deal with Trump.  

I actually did look at that. I was interested in seeing if there were some really large contributions too.  Basically, the largest contribution (when I looked) was $5,000, there are about 25 others who gave $1,000 or more.  Making up about 25% of the total.  The vast majority of other contributions were relatively small over 6,300 contributions averaging about 50 bucks each.  An impressive large level of grassroots support. 

That segment of the Black community @Cynique, is apparently not so silent.  While I refuse to begrudge Talladega for cashing in here; I don't like the idea of an HBCU celebrating the inauguration of Donald Trump, but I'm not paying the schools bills...

I read the Jennifer Holiday saw the light and backed out.  Perhaps she felt the long-term financial impact of alienating the gay community exceeded the short term gain of performing at Trump's Inauguration.  

Apparently, the Black community does not exert the same power as the Gay community.  Instead we are willing to do anything for money, not unlike of future president.