John Lewis,Trump Not Legitament,President.

Congressman And Civil Rights Icon John Lewis Said He Will Not Attend Trump Inauguration,Because Trump Is Not.A Legitiment ,President. . Fuhr Trump And The Racist Republicans Believe That President Obama Was Born In.Africa Not Hawaii,Birth Certificate Was Forged..John Lewis Who Was With Dr. Martin Luther King, Has No Problem With.All These False Prophets,In The Black Church. 3 Black Preachers In Prison.For Killing Their Wives,Preachers With Prostitutes,Children With Mistressses,Beat Their Wives,Worship Money,Buy Rich Cars And Houses,They Are A Disgrace To Dr. King. Maybe Kanye West Will Sing At Trump.Inauguration,He Loves Trump. Was That Steve Harvey Next To Trump On A News Clip?Do Not Plan To Waste My Time Watching This Racist Idiot Inauguration. News, Trump Was Involved With Russians,People Wondering.How Deep,Russians Help.Trump Get Elected..Some, People Predict Trump Will Be Impeached Or Forced To Resign.....

It will, however, help galvanize people in such a way that they thwart anything bad Trump might do and prevent this shit from happening again.

They tried that same strategy 16 years ago with George W. Bush.
All the protests in the world didn't stop him from carrying out his agenda, especially when it came to Iraq.

• 1 month later...
Guest QueenX

I want to add to John Lewis' comment by commenting recently to the lies and allegations that President Trump is making on Obama's suppose to be wiretapping his office.How can Trump get any work done when he spends so much time lying on people?This should also question his legitimacy as president as well as his ability to govern.

Well the media broadcast every inane thing Trump says without ever challenging him.  I wish some journalist would simply say you are lying and here is the truth.

There are now people who believe Obama tapped Trump because the media have given legitimacy to the statement by repeating it.  

Come on, Troy, if you had your way, the media would go out of business.  When a sitting president goes on social media and accuses a former president of tapping his phones, this is not something that should be ignored.  Whether it's true, it's news; if it's not true, it's news. It's not like Trump was rumored to have said this, it's a  fact that he did. Exposing his narcissism and paranoia to public scrutiny renders a service because this man holds the most  powerful position in the world and he should be monitored and held accountable.

If you would watch TV and check out social media instead of boycotting them, you'd know that journalists have challenged Trump's claim, and the FBI director has debunked it, leaving Trump and his support base the burden of proving it true. How this whole episode plays out is not only newsworthy but historically significant.   

No, quite the contrary, I wish the media was stronger and not the punks they are now.  I'm not arguing that Trump's tweets are not newsworthy. What I'm arguing is how the media are handling them.  

Rather, than saying these tweets are the raving of a lunatic and help the public understand why.  The media, for ratings, they just parrot what he says while challenging very little of it.

This allows some to view Trumps lies as plausible; lending credibility to his statements.  Sort of the way the media give wing-nut climate change deniers equal coverage as 99.9% of the scientists who study the subject.  This sets up a false equivalency and confuses people, which leads to bad decisions.

Covering innate tweets also takes resources away from the more serious things we chose be covering in greater depth. Like why my damn taxes went up dramatically this year.

It is pathetic that comedians (John Oliver, Bill Maher, etc) are the only ones challenging Trump in no uncertain terms. But as comedians, we can just laugh and not take them very seriously. When will journalists state that our emperor is nuts.

I'm also not arguing how this plays out is not historically significant, most tragedies are, and the collapse of a civilization always is. 

Virtually all of the talking heads, especially Chris Cuomo of CNN and TV-One's Roland Martin who's black,  did challenge the wire-tapping  statement by Trump.  And all of the anchors of the Sunday morning news programs have made Kellyanne Conway look like a fool  with her "alternate facts" rebuttals.  Reporters do frustrate  press secretary Sean Spicer during his briefings that beg  the question. 

There are millions of people out there who believe whatever makes them comfortable, and most of these voted for Trump. Hillary Clinton did win the popular vote, so more people rejected the media-fueled half truths and rumors about her past, than ones who fell for Trump's fresh lies.and promises. So not everybody is as guilible as you imply   And, there are growing numbers who have been alerted to the fake news phenomenon. and are becoming  more discerning.

Yes, the media could be more aggressive and responsible when diggin' for and reporting the truth.  But the public also has an obligation to smarten up so as to not be so easily duped. 

I hear you Cynique. But don't you think asking the public to smarten up and not be so easily duped is a bit like blaming the victim, or asking someone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps?

Do you know why I really bailed on social media?  Sure I part of it had to do with how they killed organic reach, but the final straw was how social media was used, in part to influence the outcome of the election.

I'm not sure if you read any of the articles Mel shared, on the issue, but I immediately stopped using social media after reading one of the articles.  One company working for the Trump not only used data from social media to influence who people voted for, but they also used the data to prevent people from voting!

With laser-like precision, they targeted the right people in the right districts and won the election with 3 million fewer votes.

I already shared on these forums, a couple of years ago how Facebook was busted manipulated people moods.  Obviously, companies have not stopped there.

To me this level sophisticated psychometric manipulation is unacceptable and should be illegal.  The idea that we know this is being done to us and we let it go boggles my mind.  But we let tobacco companies sell cigarettes... 

So no, I can't blame the people--they don't even know they are being manipulated.  Even if they knew their Facebook activity was being used to manipulate them in ways they can not fathom; they still would not quit--because they are hooked! Like a cigarette smoker. 

I don't blame the smoker I blame the tabacco companies.  Big data companies have taken subliminal suggestion to the next level.

Why isn't mainstream media reporting on this?  Instead, we are treated to stories about Kellyann putting her feet on the sofa!?