Magick

I remember reading about  an experiment conducted by an investigator of paranormal activity wherein he placed  a  very distinctive looking  object on the top of a  tall cabinet in a hospital operating room, the height of said cabinet making the object on top of it out of view to anyone was wasn't over 7 feet tall.  Then, anytime  patients who had undergone surgery claimed they'd left their body, the investigator would ask them to describe their surroundings and what they remembered seeing.  He said the people claiming these OBEs were all eager to describe everything the saw "while looking down  from the ceiling".  Most patients when into great detail when doing this, but not one ever mentioned seeing the colorful object on top of the cabinet... 

• Like 1

Yeah, I heard about that text too Cynique.  I also understand doctors and induce the experiences people commonly claim they have went going to the other side, the white light, feeling of calm, etc.

Del if the person swore me to secrecy I would not have shared anything.  They just did not want to relate the story here and I chose to make them anonymous.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2017 at 10:36 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Most people claim to see deceased relatives when they visit the other side too.

"see" is an interesting way to describe energy - I did "see" too but what "saw" wasn't with my eyes.   It was more like "seeing" motion in which all were represented. Yes as @Delano mentioned sort of like the sea of tranquilty that spoke as one.  Speaking of which, another thing I brought back with me was the ability to use my sense of "feel"... so I wonder if those claims are more that they are able to "feel" their deceased relatives -  Like @Cynique mentioned "Words fail us in this dimension. 

On 3/4/2017 at 10:36 PM, Pioneer1 said:

You should have posted this story in the "Spirituality" thread.

Agreed.  It seems magick and spirituality are connected though.

16 hours ago, Troy said:

astral projection

My mom said she saw herself hovering over her body.  It was during a time she was grieving for my father.   Also it wasn't her first time experiencing a projection .  When she was younger she saw a man sitting on the wall in her room 

She said her own projection scared her and I think she willed herself to never allow it happen again.   I have a feeling we can literally do all these things but choose against it.  

In a way, it makes sense how grieving loved ones can follow the one who preceded them in death.  The "Give up the ghost" idiom must have started with this type of transition.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1 Mel's post does fit under Magick as I defined it. I find it interesting that you correct someone that has knowledge and experience in a field of which you are ignorant. Its a thinly veiled attempt to exert your perceived expertise in a topic, that you don't understand as practitioners do nor those who are curious. 

I don't know about the "magic" part, but I KNOW astral projection is real because I've left my body before.

That's how I know a spiritual world exists

Delano

Mel's post does fit under Magick as I defined it. I find it interesting that you correct someone that has knowledge and experience in a field of which you are ignorant. Its a thinly veiled attempt to exert your perceived expertise in a topic, that you don't understand as practitioners do nor those who are curious.

I guess you got THIS erroneous assumption from your cloudy "crystal ball" like you've gotten the OTHER erroneous assumptions, such as me being too lazy to read a book...lol.

....no facts to solidly back up your accusations.

....just  nonsensical jabs and innuendos here and there.

What Mel related was a SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE.
It had little to do with YOUR definition (as if you're qualified to define it) of magic, astrology, lucky charms, or froot loops hanging from her neck.

Furthermore, YOU sir should be careful who you accuse of being ignorant about the field of spirituality because......

1. If you'd bother to READ my posts and try to understand them instead of just looking for a an opportunity to slander me......you'd read where I've studied NDE's for well over 20 years.
I've studied the material from various researchers as well as listened to personal experiences from those who've had them, so I'm not completely ignorant to this subject.

2. YOU have yet to prove YOUR skills or abilities be it in spiritually OR in the field of magic.
I've asked you repeatedly to prove you skills by giving us verifiable information about events with dates that will happen in the future and instead of doing so you've repeatedly provided us only with flimsy excuses for not doing so while regurgitating often outdated information you've gotten from White magicians and occultists of the past.

For example you latest post.........
You just claimed that it IS possible to remote view and see the future.....so why don't you PROVE IT?

Go into the future and bring us back some verifiable information to show that you know what you're talking about.

@Pioneer the topic is Magic not Spirituality . Astral Projection is Magick. You read I practice. You have no practical experience of Magick. Nor are you logical. What I said still stands.  You want to be an authority in a field you have read about peripherally.  Reading and talking to a few Magicians,  and comprehending little is not research. 

You are demonstrating your ignorance and arrogance. 

You may be confusing spirtuality and Magick. Notice in the thread about Spirituality I made no criticisms. 

Mel practiced Magick, Troy studied Astrolgy, Cynique is a Magus. And you are the only one having issues with what I  am saying.  Disagree but make a rational not emotional argument. Or not. It's not likely that you and I will have a rational discussion. The mutual monologue  is over. 

Del

You are demonstrating your ignorance and arrogance

Well, atleast SOMEBODY is demonstrating SOMETHING....lol.

I've been asking YOU to demonstrate your skills for quite some time now and all we get is more talk and sorry excuses.

BTW....there seems to be TWO Delanos with two clearly different writing skills:

One who speaks abstractly and can barely post a legible and understandable sentence.
And another who is quite articulate in wording.

Between the two of you sharing that computer it seems like you both could have came up with SOMETHING positive to demonstrate your knowledge of the craft.

If you noticed.....I haven't used that feature on ANY post.

If I went around "liking" every post on this site that I found interesting or agreed with I wouldn't have time to do anything else.
I like most of them and disagree with few.
Believe it or not, I don't disagree with MOST of what YOU write and tend to like a lot of it....lol.

It's just not a feature that I use.
But you DO make a point, perhaps I should start using it more.

As far as you "sharing".......lol.
How do we know what you have to share is even WORTH sharing if you haven't demonstrated it's value?

Again, if you have the ability to predict future events then we should expect an accurate demonstration to verify your claims, this is only common sense.
If we can't verify what you say, how do people know that what you're sharing isn't just useless or false information?

@Pioneer I have literally done hundreds a free readings. I have offered Mel a Magickal spell. I have read for Cynique she was underwhelmed,but she appreciated the effort.  I read Troy's entire family. I gave Troy an extensive reading.  You may be interested but your tone is condescending and off putting.  You may not mean it but it is.  I charge between $100 to $142 per hour. I don't need to prove it. I used to do a lot of free readings.  People don't appreciate free. Troy Mel and Cynique would appreciate the effort because whether they believe in Astrology they believe in me.

You're the only saying I have stale dead white guy knowledge. 

As far as I know @Del and @Delano are the same person.  The differences in writing styles I assumed were due to the platform being used.  The bad writing I assumed made have been on a cell phone or similar device where typing and correcting errors is harder.

Del speaking of readings last night I was talking to Maya about this conversation and the first thing Maya said was, "When is Del doing my reading."  I was actually surprised cause I know you did it, but I thought I gave it to her.  Apparently, I did not.  Do you happen to have a copy?  I'm sure I have a hard copy, but all my Astrology material must be in FL.

I don't think you did Maya then. You must have done it via email.  I can query the archives, when I get a chance, to see if I can nail down a time frame.  Did you do it around the same time you did others on the website?

Yes I am typing from a phone.

@Pioneer you have some pronoun problems. You again are confusing your personal statement with a global one. You haven't received proof of any magic ability. You also claim i have not demonstrated any fresh esoteric knowledge. That is a personal opinion that clearly isn't universal.  How do you know how many Black people I have read or offered esoteric advice.  

Your requests which sound like demands will go unanswered by me directly. 

@Troy I'm moving Friday  and I'm starting a new job on Monday. So ill have a look next week.

@DelanoI'm curious and amused how you and Troy were always so impatient with me for not ignoring Sara's attacks instead of retaliating with my own insults . Now  both of you aren't the least bit reluctant to  exchange personal slurs with Pioneer during your differences of opinion.  Why do you think this is?:rolleyes:

• Like 1

@Cynique its my ego. And its a waste if time on my part. I am breaking my own rule. You cant prove anything,much less so to to a person who is dogmatic and sure of their position. Duly noted and thank you,Cynique. It's my Achilles Heal. I spend an exorbitant amount of time and energy perfecting my craft.  And tend to overreact to criticism from disbelievers.  I need to bury this and focus on my craft and my steadily growing clients both paid and otherwise. 

Once again I appreciate your wise counsel.

Del

• Like 1

Cynique speaking for myself I do not feel, in the least bit, that Pioneer has slurred me in any way close to the way you and Sara did each other. I definitely would not put anything Pioneer or I wrote in the same category. I'm very surprised you have drawn that conclusion.  

Share with me something specific that I have written about Pioneer that has insulted him that way you and Sara dissed each other.  Or find something pioneer has written against me that you feel rises to the level of your exchanges with Sara.  Maybe I missed something.

As far as Del and Pioneer, speaking with my moderator hat on.  As Del just wrote the S/N ratio on the spirituality thread is higher than I would like too, because there are some potentially good things that could come out if it.  For example, I'm going to try to astral project again (no, I never wrote that I did this myself previously).  It has renewed my interest in the subject.

Back to Del and Pioneer.  I do think Del has gone in on Pioneer a bit hard, harder than he normally does to others.  But this is not Del's normal pattern and as he said it is not a pattern he wants to maintain. He does not do this in every exchange with everyone, the way Sara did.

Pioneer really has not changed his pattern, but again he has apparently irked Del on the spirituality thread.  So if Del asked me I would suggest that rather than reply in the sarcastic or condescending manner he has, he should just ignore Pioneer for now.  

I know you did not want me to ban* Sara, but she was getting progressively more vulgar.  Kola got my the last discussion banned by Google, and immediately stopped posting after she shit all over the place.  I'm not keen on having this happen again. Besides when she called you a "nig-er bi-ch." she crossed a line.

As liberal as I try to be I have to draw a line somewhere.

*BTW Sara (and Kola for that matter) are technically not banned they can post here anytime.  They just can't get a buck wild.

@Troy yes Pioneer has annoyed me. It's not skepticism if he asks why Cynique is interested.  If you're not interested that's fine. But to insinuate that a rational person is interested is a bit insulting. I will follow your advice as well. And won't be responding to Pioneer at least on this topic.  I was subtlety alluding to that point.

So do i consider myself an expert no, but i do have practical and theoretical knowledge in the following areas. Astrology Tarot Numbers Magic and Spells. Yeah the issue is resolved im my mind and heart. Thanks for the post. I tend to arc up when a novice is challenging my knowledge as opposed to asking questions.  That may not be the intention,  but so be it. Now back to the PG.

PAL. Baby.

Peace and Love.

Yeah I don't think i have ever done this before. Except when Troy was using statistics to bolster an argument. And then i dropped it because one we are friends  and two I respect Troy.  And the effort he makes to start and maintain dialogues across a wide field. 

• Like 2

Delano

You may be interested but your tone is condescending and off putting. You may not mean it but it is.

Well I AM interested in magic and estoric knowledge, but I'm only interested in the TRUTH of it.  I'm not interested in tricks, lies, and psychological games that merely take advantage of the gullible.

I'm not accusing YOU of doing this, but I'm saying there are a lot who DO and it CLOUDS the subject and dilutes the truth in it so much that it becomes harder to tell legitimate practicioners from the frauds.

Secondly......
My approach to you and your claims is not condescending because I'm not "looking down" on you in any way.
My tone and my perception of your claims is SKEPTICAL and quite frankly a little SUSPICIOUS because of the same claims from others who could not or would not prove them.

People can talk about and bash America and even Western civilization all day, but when you compare it to a lot of other cultures where all social beliefs must be accepted and can't be questioned in any way without penalty of social ostracization or even death.....atleast we're allowed to question things and get to the truth of the matter.

Time out for blind faith and blind belief.

You also claim i have not demonstrated any fresh esoteric knowledge. That is a personal opinion that clearly isn't universal. How do you know how many Black people I have read or offered esoteric advice.

I don't know what you've done for others or how impressed they are by you, they are not me and I can't base MY knowledge and MY beliefs on what OTHER'S have experienced.

I haven't met you personally and don't know what you can or can't do.

I don't know about "readings".
Studying a person's birth day and telling them general things that anyone with a basic understanding of human psychology for a particular demographic...you can give all sorts of vague advice that may or may not be true.
It's a hit or miss.

The only thing I can think of right now that would prove your skills is if you:

1. Produce knowledge that can't be found online that I can TEST and discover is true.
Like giving me a formula to mix substances together to produce a particular effect.

OR

2. Producing some sort of information about a future event at a given time and it actually comes to pass on or very near that particular time.

Outside of that......why should me or anyone with common sense believe?

BTW
I don't think ignoring me or anyone else you disagree with is the way to go.
It rarely works and leads to built up frustration.

It's better to disagree respectfully from time to time than just plain ignore eachother.
But that's just MY opinion.

Cynique

@DelanoI'm curious and amused how you and Troy were always so impatient with me for not ignoring Sara's attacks instead of retaliating with my own insults . Now both of you aren't the least bit reluctant to exchange personal slurs with Pioneer during your differences of opinion. Why do you think this is?

I don't think Troy is slurring me.
I think he's a little vexed because I don't see eye to eye with him on the race argument.

I think Delano IS annoyed with me because I'm challenging him and he's probably not used to people challenging him on his craft.

What was going on with you and Sara was pure unbridled dislike of eachother if not bordering on hatred....lol.

Both of you were/are opinionated and strong willed and neither of you wanted to give.

BTW..
If you'll 
recall I warned you to leave that girl alone but you insisted on having your fun.  Until she started getting nasty and talking about your titties and your teeth.  Then it wasn't fun anymore was it....lol.

Further more
, I know how far to go with both Troy AND Delano before it gets into slurs and insults.
Besides the true and natural respect I have for Troy, I'm always aware that this is HIS SITE....HIS HOUSE....and no matter how much you trade jabs with a man you never disrespect him or show animosity to him in his own house for obvious reasons.

Besides not having any animosity towards Delano as a person but just skepticism of his claims, I also keep in mind that Delano is Troy's personal friend of many years.....certainly under his protection....as they would say in the mafia, lol.

Troy has made it clear that he's fond of both of us, so why put him a positon where he would have to choose sides to settle a frivolous dispute?

Really, this is an exercise in Black people getting along together.
Which is why I don't think Delano and I should ignore eachother.

It's one thing to ignore someone you disagree with online, but what do we do in real life with people we live and work around all day whom we don't agree with but can't move away from?

Black people are going to have to learn to get along with and live with and around eachother at all costs.

But again that's just my opinon.

• Like 2

Well, sometimes we don't see ourselves as others do, and are not aware of the tone that emanates from our words.  We agree there was friction between Del and Pioneer and, to me, there was  a slightly confrontational vibe between Troy and Pioneer, with Pioneer being passive aggressive and Troy exhibiting frustration laced with indignation. I'm not complaining, I find it interesting to observe the exchanges between 3 Alpha Males. I'd also be interested in hearing Mel's impressions on the matter.

Don't leave us, Del. You showed a lot of insight in your self assessment, so stay and keep me informed about  subjects which I know nothing about.  

• Like 3

Leaving conflict not discussion. 

But Thanks for seeing past the words. You are a Magus.

Hmm Alpha male I'll have to ponder this. 

@Troy  before attempting astral projection learn how to psychically protect yourself. Also burn incense before traveling.  I recommend the following brands in order of preference Sai Flora, Nag Champa or Spirtual Sky. Others may work i just haven't used them. Also Yoga would be useful as would Tai Chi or Akido. Since they all ahve a spiritual component. 

I achieved Cosmic Consciousness accidentally while performing Tai Chi.

12 hours ago, Cynique said:

I'd be also be interested in hearing Mel's impressions on the matter.

@Cynique it is the earthly male's greatest downfall.  They have the most difficult time with -AND- .  I see three men who absolutely want to be heard by each other but go about it in the most clumsiest way.  I read through all these posts and I didn't see anyone saying anything diametrically opposed to the other...I saw the proverbial blind men and the elephant.  And the frustration building from not each seeing exactly from each other's perspective. 

Still, I do agree with the alpha theory - it's hard to build alliances without having your POV heard and respected in this society.   We as a society do tend to follow and form allegiance to the folks who know the most.

(Still can't figure out why 45* is in the Oval office)

But I digress. :P

• Like 1

Yeah, I'll have to ponder the Alpha male thing too...

Mel I don't think the conversations Del, Pioneer, and I have been a having are a function of our gender.  Indeed I think the even the ones Cynique commented on were on a higher level than the exchanges she had with Sara. If you were around for any of those let me know if you agree.

While the Cynique and Sara debates always devolved into something very childish and crass, I would not attribute it to the innate behavior of women--even thought it confirms to the catty behavior stereotypically associated to Black women.  You see my point?

As far as "45" being in the office, those articles you shared helped explain how it happened quite well.

@Delano I just now fired up some incense I never thought to look at the brand name before.  What I just lit up is from HEM.  I also saw a ton of astral project audio files on youtube.  Honestly much of what I found on YouTube strikes me as nonsense--like "astral project today in 4 easy steps".  Is there a book on the subject of Astral Project that you can recommend? 

51 minutes ago, Troy said:

Mel I don't think the conversations Del, Pioneer, and I have been a having are a function of our gender.

@Troy, I don't think lacking ability to concede to another perspective is a function of gender per se, but rather society's expectation put upon men.  I also believe "catty" behavior is a function of women too.  We will nearly annihilate one another to win the favor of men.   My favorite quote is still "Patriarchy isn't men or women but society. We all have the capacity to become caricatures of our selves.

BTW, I was around. I don't think Sara and Cynique were catty with each other.. Those arguments were downright eyebrow singeing-edge-snatching vicious.  So glad they are over.  I missed Cynique's Corner, so I was anxious to read what Cynique has to share.  I thought the arguments took away from her content.   Same with you three, when you all stopped building and start tearing down, the lessons, the how-to-use the knowledge was lost. 

• Like 1

@Troy I never bought HEM I cam only comment on what i know or can conceptualise. For some reason I never bought or if I did I didn't buy it a second time. So you want to leave your body and travel to another world. I tend not to jump into the deep end  right away.  Aries is Mars by day and Scorpio is Mars by night. Interestingly I met someone on Thursday while sitring in a bench that was more interestedin living in the astral world.

Raymond Buckland has an encyclopedia in the occult. Which is one of the best surveys of the entire occult field.

I also came across The Wizard's  Bible in a South Bronx Botanica . It's a really small book. 

@Troy  before attempting astral projection learn how to psychically protect yourself. Also burn incense before traveling.  I recommend the following brands in order of preference Sai Flora, Nag Champa or Spirtual Sky. Others may work i just haven't used them. Also Yoga would be useful as would Tai Chi or Akido. Since they all ahve a spiritual component. 

I achieved Cosmic Consciousness accidentally while performing Tai Chi.

Can we make a new post for Alpha miscommunication? Since yhis clearly needs its own thread 

@Troy 

• Like 1

What are y'all's thoughts about memory?  To me, it is a vehicle for time travel.  In my declining years, i do a lot of looking back because so much of what was alive and familiar in my life is now "dead" and gone. At night in the dark silence of my solitude is one of the times when I revisit my past, conjuring up visual scenarios that are as vivid  to me as the moment they happened. I recall conversations verbatim, and other intricate details.  These recollections are not always pleasant ones, either. 

Music also conjure up memories, especially  original recordings of songs by the artist who made them famous. My affinity for music dates back to early childhood when my ears were filled with what was being played on the 78-inch vinyl records spinning on an old  turntable. Because I so love the ballads of the 1950s when my life was very intertwined with the hits of the day, I spend my leisure time reminiscing to the selections on a cable music channel that features songs from this era.  

And speaking of incense, (which I do burn from time to time just to help me relax)  certain fragrances and aromas can also bring back memories.  I have an old bottle of the cologne that I always wore whenever me and my husband were going out to social events.  He loved the scent of it and now every time I take of whiff of it, I am flooded with feelings of nostalgia. Whenever I smell nutmeg spice, I always think of my mother and the apple pies she made. 

And then, of course, there is imagination.  That's a whole other vehicle that can idle in the present or  transport me to the future. 

"The mind is a terrible thing to waste."  It is such a miraculous instrument with infinite possibilities.

• Like 3

Mel I think I understand.

Del I'll look into the book though I'd be interested in more detail about astral projection, I'll also consider your advice too.

Cynique, did you always have these vivid recollections or is these lucid recollections a relatively new experience?

The longer I live, the more memories and leisure time I have to replay the past on the screen of my mind.  What I have noticed is that what I do remember is deeply etched in my mind and for some reason has stayed with me over the years.  There are other events i have forgotten about until somebody brings them up.   And,  these memories do seem to be more vivid the older I get.

I don't know whether  the "inner narrative" that is ongoing inside my head has anything to do with all of this.  i also have a very weird thing going on with my computer which has become very organic and when I sit down before it, - it tells me what to write. 

• Like 1

Yeah I was a youtube video (I did not watch it), whose subject was astral sex.  I'd be content just to explore the universe for now :-)

Cynique, you are fortunate, for many who are fortunate enough to reach your age, their memories seem to fade...  I think we will all benefit from you relating your experiences as you move through your twilight years.  

• 4 years later...