A Terrific Bookstore in Tampa's Ybor City, Best Books Rich Treasures 

Troy

A Terrific Bookstore in Tampa's Ybor City, Best Books Rich Treasures they feature New, Used, and Rare Books.

I've become friendly with these booksellers over the last couple of years. I found them to be cool people as they always expressed their gratitude in my efforts to help them.  On my most recent visit. Gigi, one of the co-owners who is also a genealogist was telling me about her book, Thomas the Melungeon: His Locust Family of Free Persons of Color Civil and Revolutionary War Patriots.  As we were discussing the book, it became clear we had relatives in the same region of North Carolina.  

As budding genealogist myself I happened to have my DNA available and we compared our DNA and found the genetic link--we are kin!  Our ability to find the shared ancestry is possible because my maternal grandmother's people were never enslaved.

Wilder still, I'm also related to her husband, thought the family ties are less clear because the likely connection is through my paternal ancestor the "Johnson" line was lost due to slavery in the deep south...

@Delano, I think this qualifies as magic :)

Family or not, I still would have created this video highlighting the store.  If you are in the area, check them out and tell 'em, "Cousin Troy" sent you!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...