Ban Guns, Don't Ban Muslims

Guest Queen X

Guest Queen X

I would like to know if Pres. Trump is so concerned about protecting American citizens from terrorism than why doesn't he concentrate on domestic terrorism and homegrown terrorist here in the U.S.

And get  some of these guns off the street especially the assault rifles. The muslims got nothing to do with that.I think the travel ban is stupid and I don't think he knows what he is doing. He may not make a good Commander in Chief either.

• Like 1

I don't believe in banning people based on race or religion, however..............

I DO think that people from other cultures who come to America should be given a proper understanding on American culture (or the lack of it) and how what tends to be socially or familially unacceptable in the land they come from may be perfectly welcomed here.

We have a very large Middle Eastern population in the Detroit area and people from the Middle East have strong cultures that tend to be very INTOLERANT of many contemporary Western values like  women's rights, homosexual rights, and even race mixing.

Traditionally, most immigrants...especially those from the Eastern Hemisphere...who've come to the United States have pretty much gone out of their way to avoid intergrating into American society. They come here to get an education or own a business, but as far as being an American and mixing it up in this society....many would rather stay outside.

They like the freedoms and economic opportunities of America, but they don't want to accept the tolerant and often secular values that made the peace, stability, and economic opportunities that they come here to enjoy!

I don't know how many times I've heard men from Arabia or even India and parts of Africa say that they wouldn't marry an American woman, or they don't want their son marrying an American woman.
I ask them why, and they say American women are too "loose" and sexually free....yet many of these SAME dudes are trying to bang as many American women as they can get their hands on!!!

People should get a proper understanding of American society and our basic customs before they come here and agrees to accept them on condition of being sent back if they start engaging in "honor killing" and other forms of intolerance.

• Like 2

I agree. The only religion I am more intolerant of than Christianity, is Islam. Devout Muslims seem so furtive and clannish and, in all honesty, I couldn't care less about them being banned. As a group, they have never reached out to black people and I feel no obligation to support their battle to be adopted by a country that still treats its blacks like stepchildren.  

Cynique

You're right when you make the distinction of "devout" Muslims, because Christianity itself tends to be more intolerant than Islam....or atleast the Bible as a book tends to be more violent than the Koran. The only difference is most Christians in the West TODAY aren't as devout as most Muslims are in the East who really believe in thier religion and seem to take it quite literally. But just a few hundred years ago Christians were killing women, burning people at the stake and executing people who refused to accept the Bible as the infallible word of God.

Religions in general tends to produce intolerance....even more so than racism and culturism.
Atleast when you're dealing with a secular racist you can usually appeal to their intelligence and reason as to why they shouldn't commit a violent act againt another human being.
But when someone believes "god" is instructing them to be violent or that "god" wants them to kill those who don't believe or follow their way of life, how can YOU as a human being present an argument strong enough to talk them out of it?

Speaking of Arabs in particular.......
Not only is racism and anti-Blackness strong in Arab culture, but Arabs were enslaving African people before Europeans started....lol.
Infact they were the ones who turned Europeans on to Africans as slaves.
Arab slavery was more brutal than British slavery because often time it involved castration of the males and "circumcision" of the females that removed the clitoris for sexual pleasure as they were kept as concubines.

The weird thing about the Trump ban against immigrants is that most non-Latino immigrants tend to be conservative and even Republican in their political orientation....lol.
Most of them are anti-abortion, pro business, anti-homosexual, believe in strong family traditions, and a large number are anti-Black and seek to stay as far away from Black Americans as possible.
Most non-Latino immigrants including Arabs voted for George W. Bush and support the Republican party....even AFTER the wars he waged.
I talked to a lot of immigrants who even supported Trump, despite the nationalist rhetoric he spouted during his campaign!

I don't know who are the dumbest, the Republicans who want to ban and deport one of thier largest support bases......or the immigrants who repeatedly forgive and support a party who hates them and what they represent.

• 1 month later...

Yes I agree, we DO need allies.

But the alliance must be MUTUAL and understood.

It can't be one sided where everytime Arabs and Latinos face discrimination Blacks come running to their defense, but when WE face discrimination and prejudice they sit back in their enclaves and remain silent or brush it off as just a problem between the Blacks and the Whites and mind their own business.

We also need to study the cultures of many of these people and understand how deep racism and colorism exist in their homelands BEFORE then even come to America.
Here you are thinking you have another person of color who is an ally against racism and THEY turn out to be even more racist than the White man in America....lol.

Like Tariq Nasheed said, it's time for these other immigrant groups and people's of color to "hold their own nuts".
Meaning it's time for THEM to stand up and face the brunt of racism and challenge White America like Blacks have been doing for so many decades and earn their place in America.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

India: African students hospitalized in roving mob attacks

African students living in northern India said they were targeted in racist attacks.

New Delhi (CNN)Africans living in northern India are locking themselves indoors in terror after a spate of mob attacks left several hospitalized.

Multiple attacks on Kenyan and Nigerian students have been reported this week in Greater Noida, 18 miles southeast of the capital New Delhi.
Nine Nigerians were attacked, including five who were wounded and two who were hospitalized with undisclosed injuries, said Abike Dabiri, Nigeria's special assistant on foreign affairs and diaspora.
Additionally, a Kenyan woman in her twenties was admitted to hospital Wednesday after she was attacked while getting out of a cab, according to Dharmendra Singh, a senior police superintendent in Noida.
The woman was released from hospital the same day.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/29/asia/india-africa-kenya-nigeria-attacks/

:huh:.....mmmmhhhmmmm.....now see there!

This is what I mean about these immigrants who come to America and ending up being just as racist if not MORE racist than White people.

Even when Indians are shot down in cold blood and victims of other racist abuse today in the United States.....they still take out their frustrations on the Black.

I'd be willing to bet that most of those mobsters who beat those students were JUST AS dark as the students they were attacking.  But this is what hundreds of years of colonialism and slavery has done to the minds and cultures of people all over the world.

Truth be told.
India was a racist place long before the British got there.
Even back as far as the founding of Hinduism by the Aryan invaders and the establishment of the various caste/color systems.

I told 'em........
Don't come running to Black folks looking for protection after calling my people nigger and monkey for decades and doing your best to avoid any social contact or association with them.

Go on 'head and hold your OWN nuts and buck up.

• 1 month later...