Troy

Bill Withers Documentary

Guest Jan

I had heard the same thing about Bill Withers and his spousal abuse of Denise Nichols! I really didn’t know if this was really true but I hoped that it wasn’t true. But now since I am seeing more of a confirmation from other people that it is true two people in the world of entertainment of whom I have such admiration for, all I can do is wonder why is it necessary to be  physical abusive someone who you are supposed to love and cherish when you stood before God and witnesses not only made that promise but also broke that same promise??? Just my humble opinion.

Guest Rah
On 2/5/2010 at 4:10 PM, careycarey said:

Actually, Bill Withers beating his wife is one of the FIRST things I think about when I think of his legacy. That doesn’t negate that he was a super talented artist, but most women I know who listen to him know of this abuse.

“I doubt a person would say "the abuse Denise" if you asked them to name 5 things associated with Bill Withers. Hell, I didn't know anything about it.”

Guest Sunshine

I doubt Bill would literally hit any woman ! I know  an abusive man when I see one. . A man is only human some women would say; if he nudge her to distance herself from him is abusive. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Look if you are a woman realize that you can push, shove and beat up on a male , and just because you are a woman you excuse yourself . Abuse is abuse . Hell ,maybe she pushed him ! Some women cannot handle a man of his caliber.  Honestly to please a man you got to bring more than good looks to the table.  A woman nor a man should be abusive either way its wrong but this man just do not fit an abusive profile. He did remarry , raised a family and is an accomplish, songwriter, musician and composer. I lived in an abusive relationship with a man. So, I would know and thank God that he is now blessed with a woman who gets him. Heart and Soul.