Black Athletes,Fuhrer Donald Trump.

Black Athletes,And Trump.LeBron James ,Said,With Love And Faith,We Will Get Through This.To Women And Minorities,This Is,A Obstacle We Will Overcome.OKAY..Jim Brown Met With ,Trump.Told Him About Poor Black Communities,Did Jim Brown,Tell Trump He Has Problems With Klansman Apponinted,To Political Positions?..Black Athletes Going To ,Meet Trump At The White House,College And Professional...Black Athletes Are Like O.J. Simpson,I Am Not Black ,I Am O. J..Embraced By White America.,Some Of Them.Trump Racist,Appointing Klansmen ,Black Preachers,Supporting Trump..And The Klansmen He Appoints,.Black Preachers Are Idiots,They Enslave Their Own ,People.Black Preachers Should Never Speak Dr. Martin Luther King Name...

What about the New England Patriots who are refusing to meet with Trump?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/patriots-players-refusing-to-meet-trump_us_589dd2b8e4b03df370d5935f

Surely ALL Black athletes haven't sold out.

Personally.....
If I were a player on the Patriots I would have gone to meet Trump with rest of the team.
Not because I'm a supporter or fan of Trumps, but because of the office he represents.

I wouldn't have looked at it like ' I'm going to see Trump ' .
I'd look at it like ' I'm going to meet the President of the United States '.

If so many Black athletes seem to be coonish and sell outs, it's probably because they owe so much of their success and opportunity to White people at different levels who may have helped them develop their talent and gave them the life they're living.

It was often a White coach who discovered them in school and sent them to college.
A White man who helped draft them into the major leagues and associations.
White women who flock to them at every event they attend begging them to sleep with them and date them.
White people who sign deals with them and give them money.

I'm not saying these things are excuses to abandon your community, but we have to start being practical. If we have nothing to offer these young brothers and sisters with all this talent why should we complain when White folks come down into the ghetto and rescue them ?

I applaud the black Patriot players for not going to the white house to meet with Trump.  Tom Brady is a big time Trump fan and he always took a pass on going to the white house when Obama was in.  Brady is a jerk who was deceptive about his involvement in the inflated football scandal.  He also is now selling his autograph, charging an exorbitant amount to sign super bowl memorabilia, charging even more for a personal comment.  He has no class and I hope he and his air head wife self implode. The Trump factor has brought out the mean-spirited pettiness in his foes who are stooping to his level because they are powerless to do anything other than to take advantage of the thin-skins of Trump and his lackeys.  

As far as the office of the Presidency is concerned, it either makes the man, or the man makes it.  This honorable office has thus far shown no signs of transforming Trump's into an admirable statesman but is, instead,  being besmirched by the behavior of the corrupt bigoted narcissist holding it.

• Like 2

Well Cynique, let's think about this logically..........

Besides attempting to humiliate a man who clearly has no shame (Trump), what purpose does it serve NOT to go to the White House?

I understand they'd like to make a statement; however I've grown beyond JUST making statements and I believe in practical activities that will directly lead to positive results. *

I can already think of a couple negative results this "boycott" of the White House could produce:

1. Trump will become even MORE resentful and vindictive of Black entertainers and the Black community in general and become even more heavy handed in his policies.

2. Because the players participating are mostly (or probably all) Black men, it'll make White men who support Trump even MORE standoffish and resentful of the Black people they come across in their day to day lives and use that as an excuse to practice MORE racism.  This includes managers, police officers, ect....

I call this the "O.J. Effect".
Angry white people who couldn't get at O.J. took it out on innocent Black people they lived around.

But what positive results with this yeild?

Do they think staying away is going to somehow cause Trump to change his mind or change his policies?

Besides making the proverbial "statement", exactly WHAT do you think their goal is what do you think they hope to accomplish?

*This is one of the reasons I understand Kaepernick kneeling for the pledge of allegiance but don't necessarily support it because besides pissing off a lot of people...many of whom WERE neutral until you did THAT and pushed them on to the conservative side.....what exactly is it supposed to accomplish?

@Pioneer1 So, in other words, if asked, you would beat a path to the white house, and suck up to Trump in hopes that you wouldn't alienate white folks which is a bigger sin  than alienating fellow blacks by "Uncle Toming" Trump so he will be pleased enough to maybe throw blacks a few crumbs.  This is a familiar scenario that hasn't particularly worked in the past - or the present so far.

Again, it's about powerless people winning moral victories by humiliating a man who hates to be humiliated, And the only white folks who are offended by this are those who still want Trump to be "given a chance".  Not to mention black folks like you who apparently  adhere to the ol slavery adage about "catching more flies with sugar than vinegar".  LOL

• Like 1

Cynique

Answer MY questions and I'll answer yours.....lol.

Again, exactly WHAT POSITIVE RESULTS do we expect to gain from "boycotting" the White house?

It's not going to change Trump or his policies one way or the other, and that's my point.....

Again, like Kaepernick protesting the national athem.
Most of the people he's doing it for.....Black people....couldn't care less about what he's doing or why he's doing it.
He's esssentially taking a stand (or a knee) for nothing.

Infact, probably more White people are now focused on him than Black people but in a negative way....so what purpose does it serve?

"Moral victory" my ass......

That man has no shame NOR morals and this WILL NOT HUMILIATE HIM.

If they don't want to go because it's too much of a hassle or they have better things to do with their time....I understand.  But I'd suggest they not pass up a probably once-in-a-lifetime opportunity just to make some silly "statement" that few people including those they're doing it for couldn't give a damn about.

If these players are THAT convicted in their political views then instead of not going, perhaps they SHOULD GO and give Trump an earful when they meet him!

Don't go hide in a corner somewhere looking mean and mumbling vulgarities in frustration while the White players are standing with Trump shaking his hand, smiling, and exchanging pleasantries......

Instead use this as an opportunity to march up to Washington united as a group and tell him to his face how offensive and destructive his policies will be on the poor and people of color.

BTW..........
If you think going to see Donald Trump is "uncle tomming" what do you call running up and down a football field performing and displaying your physical prowess for White managers, coaches, and agents?

Outside of your occasional Ali's and Kaepernick's how many professional Black athletes HAVEN'T Uncle Tom'd (and Aunt Jemimah'd...lol) fr
om time to time during their careers????

These "demonstrations" are self explanatory, as is their aim of "making a statement".  That is their intent and the publicity derived from demonstrations making a statement have an impact because they generate publicity, and agitate their foes.  These tactics are examples of individual acts of passive resistance and are part of the weaponry in the arsenal of dissent. 

Yes, black professional athletes and entertainers often stoop to conquer in the hope that the end will justify the means when it comes to enriching their bank accounts. Uncle Tomism is frequently synonymous with expediency.  

And, it is common knowledge that Donald Trump is thin-skinned. He, himself, says he doesn't like people who aren't nice to him - because he obviously craves approval. Finding ways to bug him is what being a "creative nuisance" is all about.  

Obviously our opinions on this subject differ; so be it.  

• Like 1

"Self explanatory" is just another way of saying it has no value outside of us acknowledging that they're doing it...lol.

Outside of trying to bring attention to a problem everyone ALREADY KNOWS exists......it's basically useless.

Everyone WHO IS INTERESTED in the politics and social well being of this nation (and those are few in number now a days) already knows who Trump is and what he stands for and they already know where THEY stand in relation to him.

So exactly WHO'S attention are they trying to get?

-Are they trying to get the attention of Trump's right wing racist supporters in hopes that they will somehow change their minds and soften their hearts because some Black football players are protesting?

-Or are they trying to get the attention of dumb negroes who don't follow politics or anything else outside of entertainment and thus not only have an opinion on the matter but don't even have a clue as to what Trump's presidency could mean for their future?

Trust me.
If I thought it would make much of a difference I wouldn't be criticizing this like I am.
I'd be applauding the courage of Black athletes who chose to take a stand.

But now that I realize that most Americans are so entrenched in their beliefs to the point that even FACTS can barely sway them anymore, I'd tell them don't even waste their time or put a target on their backs.......UNLESS they were willing to go all the way.

Them boys need to go on ahead and just go to the White House, shake a few hands and enjoy their 5 minutes of fame and keep it pushing.

Leave the demonstrations and protests to the masses who have less to lose and more to gain.

I don't agree. Especially since you're offered nothing new in your effort to convince me that you are right. The difference between you and me is that I don't have a problem with either an individual or a mass demonstration,  but your pants are in a bunch because these athletes don't put on a happy face and shuffle into the white house to pay to homage to Massa Trump so as not to rock the boat.  I think people are entitled to register their protest anyway they choose, and I admire these brothers for not being starstruck by a "pretender to the throne". (Tom Brady set the example when he snubbed Obama, so who can chide his teammates for making a similar statement?)  And it's not like they won't gain a measure of fame by not showing up for this farce.