Book Cover Collages

Troy

It probably is just me but I find looking at book covers this way pretty cool and interesting.

Lately, I've been playing around with making collages of book covers (like the one below).  These collages are not made by hand but are dynamically generated by the code used to drive much of the website.  The image below is just a cropped screen shot of this page.  I've created similar collages for authors (check out Walter Mosley's books), publishers (check out the one for Akashic Books), all the Carter G Woodson award winning books, and the "Top 100 Books of the 2oth Century" as examples.  With the exception of the children's college, I have not made these links to the other pages available to regular visitors to the website. 

One of these things I need to do, before making these colleges more widely available, is to compress (make the image file size smaller) all of my book cover images (all 8,000) of them.  Compression will help these collage pages load much faster and help AALBC.com stay on Google's good side. Sorry for the technical digression...

I'm actually still making fairly substantial changes to the website's design while adding new content at a historically high rate.  It is hard to believe it has been over a year since I started this website upgrade project, a project I through would take, conservatively, six months,  I'm hoping to finish this summer--almost two years of effort. 

chidlrens-book-colllage.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/16/2017 at 0:43 PM, Troy said:

It is hard to believe it has been over a year since I started this website upgrade project, a project I through would take, conservatively, six months,  

I can believe it. 

I've learned during this last year that you really have to engage as a super end-user to fully appreciate the nuances of this website. Once one is familiar with the nuances then and only then can you see how exploit them to make it easier to attract even more traffic. 

• Like 1

I forgot about this author collage: https://aalbc.com/authors/bestselling-authors-mosaic.php I use this collage on all of my social media.The collage is constantly updated based upon sales.  The author images appear in the order of the number of times that author appeared on my bestseller list.  Zane is number 1.  Even though Zane no longer dominates my bestsellers list, it is unlikely anyone will ever unseat her. Zane has made my bestseller list 213 times the number 2 author, Jawanza Kunjufu has made the list 83 times.  It is unlikely anyone will unseat him in the next decade.

14711379_10153889900497050_4437849271623833830_o.jpg