While you were asleep.

Cambridge Analytica (CA) is a privately held company that combinesdata mining and data analysis with strategic communication for the electoral process. It was created in 2013 as an offshoot of its British parent company SCL Group to participate in American politics.[3] In 2014, CA was involved in 44 U.S. political races.[4] The company is heavily funded by the family of Robert Mercer, an American hedge-fund billionaire.[3][5] In 2015 it became known as the data analysis company working initially for Ted Cruz's presidential campaign.[5] In 2016, after Cruz's campaign had faltered, Cambridge Analytica started to work for Donald Trump's presidential campaign.[6] The firm maintains offices in New York CityWashington, D.C., and London

• Like 3

When I got my personality results back from five.com  I didn't think anything of it.  I did remove it from facebook - and soon after I deleted my facebook account.  While I thought some nefarious actions could result from knowing folks from what they write - I never thought it could be used to predict or even influence an election - now here we are.   I read an article on motherboard.vice.com and how CA came to be... and it indicated it all started on facebook. (of course)

• Like 2

Yeah i hav  done a few in the he past. What made me stop was how they were pitched. Only ___ people know this.  There was this fawning quality ir congratulatory aspect for counting up to five. 

I don't generally like or share memes. Nor the imperative to cut and past not share. I think they are phishing. 

In the late 90's I saw some personality drivers. A neighbor said marketers wouldpay a lot for that info.  I responded itvwould allow you to market to the subconscious mind, and advertising is persuasive enough.

This is from that statistical analysis. In terms of meeting your goals. Thinking and emotions are not a factor but executive ability and intuition.

• Like 1

It is no joke.  I stopped using Facebook for personal reasons more than a year ago  

I have just now decided to stop using Facebook and all the other corporate-owned social media sites too.  I'll keep the accounts open to find people.  But I'm not even going to post links back to the site anymore. I'm just gonna use the web.

It will be interesting to see how social media derived traffic is impacted.  Will all the traffic I get from social media stop completely as a result of my no longer using it?

Thanks, y'all for helping me to make a decision I should have made years ago.

• Like 1

We know that billionaires control the electoral process in the United States and they're using social media to help do it.

The question is, what are the masses of people going to DO about it?

And lately I've found myself asking should we try to take political control out of the hands of the wealthy OR seeing as how wealthy people have always controled the politics of a society regardless of land or time would a more viable solution be for US as AfroAmericans to seek more wealth and power so that WE are among the political elite, as a way of having more control over our own destiny?

• Like 1