There Is No Black Male Crisis

If you pay attention to our media you may have concluded that there is a black male crisis in America. We are constantly inundated with images of black men as lazy, irresponsible thugs, deadbeat dads and "playas" who only think about listening to rap music, chasing women and blaming society for their failures. But is this the only reality for black men? Are black men really an endangered species? Contrary to negative media generated stereotypes it is my belief that there is no black male crisis and the future for black men is actually bright with lots of reasons for optimism.

For some, this statement is a denial of the challenges facing black men. To which I reply, I recognize all of the challenges facing men of color in this country. I am not blind to an unfair justice system that systematically and unfairly incarcerates black men simply because of the color of their skin. I watch the news as black men are senselessly and unjustly gunned down in the streets by the men in uniform who have sworn to protect them and then walk away scot-free without being held accountable for their actions.  I have my heart broken on a daily basis as I watch racists men and women claim superiority and privilege based solely on their belief that their race is superior to my own. I have personally had to deal with KKK members who attempted to scare me out of my position in a building supply center in a city where I was told to my face "we don't allow n%gg$#ers to run anything in our city".

As a man who happens to be black, I have first hand experience of the multiplicity of challenges facing black men and yet I still remain optimistic that our best days are ahead of us rather than behind us.

The primary reason for my optimism is simple. I choose to be 100% responsible for my life and no one or no thing can keep me from succeeding except me. It is this simple attitude that has allowed me to overcome being a high school dropout with a criminal record who was able to climb the corporate ladder and become a successful mid level manager for a multi-million dollar building supply center at the tender age of 22. It was this same attitude that allowed me to overcome divorce, bankruptcy, foreclosure and a deep state of depression to now being a successful entrepreneur, author (5 books) motivational speaker, radio & TV host. I am living proof of whats possible for black men and I have made it my life's work to share the lessons I've learned to support others in living extraordinary lives.

So in the words of Public Enemy, "Don't believe the hype", black men are doing a lot better than the media would have you believe and there is no black male crisis in America.

For more info log on to: www.bmracademy.com

front_cover.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Michael Taylor said:

I choose to be 100% responsible for my life and no one or no thing can keep me from succeeding except me.

Isn't the challenge to be around those who don't share your philosophy  and allow them to observe you in action.   I've always found that no amount of words will change the life of someone who has no concept of how life could be beyond her/his stoop (or front porch)

• Like 1

That is the reason I write and speak. I share my truth with others to allow them to come to their own truth and understanding. People who reject my ideas and philosophies are entitled to their opinion, however, as an author and thought leader I make it a point to share my beliefs with anyone who is open minded enough to listen. I truly enjoy engaging with people who disagree with me because I am so grounded in my own truth that I cannot be swayed from what I deeply believe in my heart. This doesn't mean that I'm not open to being wrong, I am definitely open, but I know who I am and I'm comfortable in my own skin which insulates me from a lot of the negativity and hatred that pervades our world and I am armed with facts to go along with my inner truth.

• Like 2

Michael! Man you were one of the first people I put your information on this website--at least 15 years ago.

I moved you up in the queue of pages to be updated: https://aalbc.com/authors/author.php?author_name=Michael+Taylor 

It looks like your career has progressed nicely. It is good to see you are still doing your thing. What took you so long to come back through?

@Coach Michael Taylor, Here is a question for you: Do you know what happens to us after we die?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 5:33 PM, Troy said:

Michael! Man you were one of the first people I put your information on this website--at least 15 years ago.

I moved you up in the queue of pages to be updated: https://aalbc.com/authors/author.php?author_name=Michael+Taylor 

It looks like your career has progressed nicely. It is good to see you are still doing your thing. What took you so long to come back through?

@Coach Michael Taylor, Here is a question for you: Do you know what happens to us after we die?

To be completely honest I forgot about your site. I did an Internet search for African American book reviewers and your site came up, then I remembered submitting my very first book with you. Thanks for updating my page. I noticed that the image for my book; Brothers Are You Listening is the wrong cover. I'm working with Amazon to correct it. I'm attaching the correct cover if you can replace it. 

In regards to your question, I do not believe there is such a thing as death, there is only transition. I believe we are spiritual beings having a human experience instead of a human being having a spiritual experience. We don't have a soul, we are a soul. We are literally spiritual. Every major religion promotes the idea that we are connected to something divine. That divinity is our birthright and it is our responsibility to accept it and embrace it. Knowing that I am connected to a power greater than myself which I choose to call The Source and this power is infinite and omnipresent, puts my mind at ease about the experience we refer to as death. I therefore have absolutely no fear of death, as a matter of fact I look forward to it with wonderment and expectancy.

small_bayl_cover.jpg

• Like 2

Well, I did not forget you Michael--even though it has been a long time.  I did not recognize you at first and the "Coach" bit threw me for a second, but once I visited your website.  But I recognized  Brothers Are You Listening right away. Of course, I knew the cover was wrong.  I should have caught that--I have fixed it.  

I have a special affinity for authors who have been on the site for such a long time.  

It is good you followed the steps to get my attention with your book. Most authors send me emails, which is far more work for me to deal with than reading the information here.  So I glad you posted here--I probably would have missed an email from you. Besides, now others will more easily discover your work too.

Obviously, I checked out a few of your Youtube videos and used a few of them on this site.  Are you doing anything to promote them? 

Thanks for your answer about what happens after you die (transition).  Given your specialty, I figured you might have a good answer.  I posed the question because we have been having conversations here on the subject. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Troy said:

Well, I did not forget you Michael--even though it has been a long time.  I did not recognize you at first and the "Coach" bit threw me for a second, but once I visited your website.  But I recognized  Brothers Are You Listening right away. Of course, I knew the cover was wrong.  I should have caught that--I have fixed it.  

I have a special affinity for authors who have been on the site for such a long time.  

It is good you followed the steps to get my attention with your book. Most authors send me emails, which is far more work for me to deal with than reading the information here.  So I glad you posted here--I probably would have missed an email from you. Besides, now others will more easily discover your work too.

Obviously, I checked out a few of your Youtube videos and used a few of them on this site.  Are you doing anything to promote them? 

Thanks for your answer about what happens after you die (transition).  Given your specialty, I figured you might have a good answer.  I posed the question because we have been having conversations here on the subject. 

I would love to get your feedback on my book Black Men Rock. Would you be willing to do a review? I will gladly forward you a copy. Digital or paperback.

Sure, forward me a physical book.  Keep in mind there is no guarantee I will write the review.  

Also, there is not need to copy what someone previously wrote in order to reply--especially if what you are copying immediately preceeds your response