March 1, 2017 Newsletter — Book Award Announcements, New Books, and More

I just emailed our latest eNewsletter If you don't get it in your email box please consider subscribing. Below is an email I received in reaction to this mailing. 

“Troy, I am incredibly proud of all the effort and passion that you have poured into AALBC for all of these years. I discovered your site sometime in the 90s. I was living in my home town which is incredibly small, and at the time, predominantly white. I would sit up until late in the night trying to find a way to connect with literature by my own people. Then, I found your site and enjoyed it so much.

I am ashamed that I have used and depended upon your site without ever making a monetary donation. Within the next two months I do want to contribute a little money. I don't have much, but I do want you and your family and associates to know that you provide a valuable service over the vastness of this country and the world and it is appreciated. 

Don't worry about social media. I am sure that the best is yet to come!”

Of course, these messages are highly motivating and remind me that I am reaching people in a way that I hoped.  

As I created a copy of this newsletter for my blog  I discovered several typos and a reader informed me of one significant factual error.  While I can always correct these types of errors, editing errors are still a pain in my butt.  While the newsletter is much better than it used to be, I hope as at least one reader believes, "...the best is yet to come!"

march-1-2017-newsletter.jpg

• Like 1