Slaves Were Immigrants,Dr. Ben Carson.

Kidnapped Africans,Forced On Slave Ships Were Immigrants. Says Dr. Ben Carson. They Came To America For Prosperity And Happiness..In 2015 Lunatic Donald Trump. Said Ben  Carson ,Was Mentally Unstable..Trump Said  Dr. Ben Carson,Was Mentally Unstable .Ben Carson Said He Was Not,Qualified To Have A Political Position. Donald Trump, Has Appointed This Mentally Unstable  ,No Experience Dr.   Ben Carson To Be Secretary Of  Housing And Urban Development..A  Black Man Saying Kidnapped Africans Were Immigrants,When They Came On Slave Ships To America,Chained And Shackled,In The Cargo Holes Of Slave Ships. Beaten With Whips. Some Were Thrown Over To The Sharks...Chained And,Shackled ,Forced On The Slave Auction To Be Sold...Amazing..

Ben Carson has no common sense. The things he says are absolutely ridiculous.  His becoming  a prominent neurosurgeon probably had something to do with these "butchers" having the safety net of burying their mistakes. He seems totally incapable of functioning in an environment that requires critical thinking, and he is an embodiment of the "Peter Principle" wherein people get promoted to their level of incompetency.  

Harry why do you listen to anything Trumps says or does?  How can you reasonably be surprised when he is caught in a lie?  This is what he does.

People were manipulated into either voting for him, or not voting at all.  We are paying the consequences of this.  

The last straw with me and social media was the realization that the platforms are used to collect data to manipulate us. When I see people all around me mindlessly scrolling through screens on a handheld device I get scared for humanity.  

We are liable to be manipulated into doing anything.

If Trump says Caron is mentally unstable, that means nothing to me because Trump appears mentally unstable himself and has demonstrated a willingness to lie about anything.

It is not clear from Harry's post exactly what Ben Carson said and in what context.  Nor was it clear what point he was making since technically speaking kidnapped slaves were immigrants, albeit forced.

It would be hard for me to make an assessment of Ben Carson . On one hand, you have the accomplished surgeon who has been the subject of books and a movie.  Were it not for his run for president I'm sure he would still be revered by all in the same way the Hidden Figures mathematicians are.

However, he ran for president as a republican, instantly making him persona non-grata to many Black people--but not all.  Carson is both a Christan and conservative so he did have an appeal to a significant number of Black people who found his candidacy appealing. 

So if you watch liberal news and SNL Carson is a clown.  If you listen to right-wing news Carson is a much more respectable figure, a worthy man to be president.

I don't know what to think about the man. I've be given such a distorted view of him, from both sides, it is impossible for me to confidently assess him.

As result @Cynique I would not feel so confident to say that Ben Carson has "no common sense."  I don't see how one gets through medical school and become an accomplished neurosurgeon without at least some common sense.  Why don't you see that as a sign of a little common sense? 

Guest QueenX

Ben Carson needs to go back and study Black  History, that's if he ever studied it at all.That's just what Trump wants , a dumb n--gg-h who knows nothing about  his roots or ancestry.African -Americans came here for no ones prosperity and happiness but the people who captured and enslaved them.

Ben Carson has a history of making ambiguous statements that he later has to try and clarify, - things like saying people who engage in same sex liaisons in prison but revert to being straight once they are released,  are proof that homosexuality is learned behavior.  He said that the Pyramids were used by King Solomon to store salt and that Obamacare was the worst thing since slavery. He, in effect, bragged about stabbing his brother as a boy.  He even claimed that he retired from his profession because he wanted to quit while he was ahead, giving credibility to the the proven claims that he had been involved in 8 malpractice suits.Although he ran for president, he remarked that he didn't know anything about running the government, repeating this admission after being appointed to the position of  Secretary of Housing.  Now he compares slaves to immigrants who came to America in search of a better life.  

Carson's inability to foresee the absurdity of the things he says are, to me,  examples of a person who doesn't use common sense.  Common sense and school sense don't necessarily go hand in hand if you have a personality disconnect.  

I don't have to watch SNL or Fox news to reach a conclusion about Carson.  All I have to do is to observe him at press conferences and interviews to discern that he is a vague stamerring person who can't answer a question without closing his eyes and going into a "mini-trance".   

Admittedly, I have no admiration for Carson and because I don't like his politics or his religious persuasion,  I agree with Harry's remarks..  ,

Well yeah if you put it that way the Brother does sound wacky.

I do remember the statement about Obamacare being the worst thing since slavery.  Even if he wanted to stress how bad he thought The American Health Care Act was that is a terrible analogy because it is so hyperbolic it is ridiculous.  I can't really think of a way anyone can justify that one.

So Ben said the enslaved Africans were in search of a better life?!  That makes no sense... so little sense it is hard to imagine that is what he meant. I would need to hear the whole statement in context to judge it.  But I probably won't because I don't go out of my way to hear anything Carson or anyone in the Trump administration has to say.  But based on how you have related Ben's statement it too is ridiculous.

Cynique you (as well as Harry and QueenX) are probably right about Ben, as you've paid more attention to him.  

At this point, I'm tired of the media covering their silly statements as if their stupid statements is the news.

Meanwhile, the planet is heating up because of our activity and most people don't even believe this is a problem...  Corporate run media have failed the American people.