Black Study Bible.

There Is A Black Heritage Bible, This Every Black Home Should,Have Instead Of Listening To Those Money ,Obsessed,False Preachers On Sunday. Do Black ,Preachers,Ever  Speak .About Blacks In The Bible Or Africa?..Only Things, Preachers Want Is Black People Money,Women, And Buying. Cars, Houses ,Gold Jewelry ,Diamond Rings. They,Do Not Lift  Up Black People Or The Community...

Guest Phyllis R. Dixon

As with any institution, there are preachers and churches that are dishonest and ineffective.  We all know of famous and not-so-famous instances of preachers and churches that are all about the dollar.  However, the majority are working to save souls and uplift their communities, and yes, they incorporate African and African-American history in their services and ministries.  Not only are they preserving and retelling our history, but they remain relevant with services that range from serving as voting locations, to providing job training, to running schools and day cares, and providing grocers in food deserts.  They do not get the headlines, but they are quietly going about fulfilling their mission.  Let’s not forget the bridge that carried us over.  We as a people, have a tendency to malign and forget our pioneers and trailblazers.  The church can always be better, but let’s not paint them all with one broad brush…   

• Like 1

The key is that they do not get the press.  

Phyllis you are a writer (can you email me your bio), have you ever considered writing a story about one of the churches you are talking about.  I would be happy to share it. If you have already published one share a link I'll share that too.  

I don't mean to put undue pressure on you, but I agree with you.  I also know mainstream media are going to focus on the dysfunctional aspects of the Black Church. If anyone is going to do it, it will have to be us.  Harry mentioned a good book and I have added it to the website.  The more we support what is good the better we will become.

• Like 1