nvbv

LMAO. It's really humbling to note that something I unsuccessfully tried to post resulting in a blank space is drawing more viewers than my cavalcade of music threads. Hummm. Is there a message here. Oh, well. I'm having a ball digging up and posting what I consider significant chapters in the annals of music culture.

Thank you, YouTube. You've enabled me to channel the past. And, thank you also, Troy, for providing me with a forum to showcase the diversity of music.

• 2 weeks later...

“Why, Cynique,” you ask, “in your musical review have you overlooked such favorites as Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, Aretha and Chaka? What about Earth, Wind and Fire, The Isley Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, Frankie Beverly, Parliament, Donna Summer and Prince?”

Well, the reason to me is obvious. You and I have all heard these artists, and there’s nothing new we can tell each other about them.

The purpose of my project was not to reminisce. It was my humble attempt to teach a lesson, - to provide examples of black-oriented music that has become "obscure". I agree only the curious would find my course interesting. So, to those to whom this applies, I’ll just give you a “C” - for being average.